How bad is this hotel? Well, lets begin with the photos and description I read when purchasing the ten day stay. "Two bed two bathroom apartment", they said. "Every room has a sea view", they said. Well, from our block, you could see the sea if you squinted through buildings and trees. What we thought was going to be a two bathroom apartment turned out to be an apartment with one bathroom and one en-suite. The ensuite would have been OK if I had been an Oompa Loompa - the toilet was right next to the sink, so I had to go to the toilet sideways. Not ideal. The shower tray was rusty and the shower curtain was off colour and smelt dank.
Their idea of a double bed is to put two singles together, held in place by a flimsy double sheet. The headboards from the standard two singles are bolted to the wall, so moving a single bed across made it look ridiculous. Then there were the mosquitos - buzzing around the plants and trees outside our balcony - we were bitten to shreds on nights one and two before we purchased mosquito plugins. Only one electric point in the bedroom, between the two singles which meant when the double bed was together, the electric point was hidden.
Other hotels and bars on the Island provide Wi-Fi for free. This hotel doesn't. The minimum period for Wi-Fi is a week, which isn't ideal when you have two days left. Why they don't provide it for free is beyond me. 15 euro for five days is too much. Even printing a boarding pass was charged at 20 cents. Even then, you had to login EVERYTIME you wanted to use it, which became a pain.
The marketing said 'satellite tv'. Well, I don't consider satellite television to be BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, Channel Four and E4. We had a television that came from 1974, big and grey. We had a power cut during our holiday as well, right in the middle of preparing something to eat. Ants in the kitchen added a certain spice to our occasional mealtimes in the apartment. No dishwasher. The sofa and two chairs would be better described as a bench and chairs with a foam cover. The cleaners came every other day and did not change the bed sheets. The room had a damp atmosphere, which meant it felt like you were going to sleep every night on damp sheets. No aircon or fan either.
I know for a fact that there are better hotels than this at the same price. Just across the road was another hotel my friend stayed in for one night, and had flat screen television in the sitting room and bedroom, jacuzzi, double bed, aircon and fan, dishwasher for the same price.
I am disgusted at this hotel. The English receptionist did not even take us to our rooms nor show us around, or explain anything, not even the route to the beach. The toilet in the swimming pool area was better than the ensuite I had to endure.
I am seriously considering getting my money refunded. I advise you to avoid this hotel at all costs and to spend your hard earned money more wisely than we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Costa Luz complex is situated in the main part of Puerto del Carmen next to the San Antonio Hotel. Costa Luz has direct access to the Los Pocillos beach (you don't even have to cross the road). Many apartments have unparalleled seaviews and all enjoy a very pleasant setting amongst the beautiful gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Costa Luz Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Luz Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Luz Apartments Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen