“Fab holiday”

Apartamentos Los Tulipanes
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here for two weeks in August I was a bit worried about the break ins on other reviews as i was on my own. There was no trouble while I was there I left my patio doors open all the time while I was round the pool and had no trouble air con would have been nice but not the end of the world.shops about a ten min walk lots of lovely restaraunts.apts are a little bit dated but you only sleep there as there are only 30 apts it's a very friendly place had a fab time

3  Thank Bessy72

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Much like other reviews I would not stay here again. The apartment's itself were fine, basic but clean but again for the price you pay we were satisfied with the accommodation. First major downside was there was no air conditioning and in the middle of summer this was unbearable. We couldn't sleep at night and had to leave the window open but because of all the break in's we were scared to do this. It meant we could hardly sleep because it was so hot. We wouldn't have minded having to pay for it or them offering us fans but there was nothing to cool the apartments down and they were actually hotter than outside most of the time. The location wasn't great and our bedroom backed onto the main motorway which was so noisy and again woke us up during the night. It's a good 15 minute walk to the shops but again the location was a minor thing which wasn't a huge concern.. My huge concern though is all the break ins. 5 couple's had break in's during the short period of time we were there and the staff just didn't care probably because there are used to it or in on it. It was a bit strange how it was everyone that had asked for a safe that got broken into. Our friends luckily woke up when someone tried to break in to their apartment and the culprits ended up running away empty handed but they had to move into our room for the night as they didn't feel safe. Thankfully this was our last night so we didn’t have to find somewhere else to stay which is what we would have had to have done. They always come through the patio doors and disable the locks on them so they are clearly used to targeting this specific hotel and the hotel doesn’t seem to understand the seriousness of the situation. It wouldn’t cost much to hire a security guard. This is the first 3 star accommodations I’ve stayed in which hasn’t had any security at all. The thief’s even climbed on the roofs so that the top floor apartments weren’t immune to it. The police said they couldn't do anything when we called them to report it as they never took anything and the receptionist ignored us when we said someone broke in. I genuinely have never felt so unsafe in a hotel and I have stayed in hotels and much more dangerous parts than Lanzarote but the last night really was terrifying as there was numerous break in’s and we could hear people on the roof. Please don’t stay here as you risk getting all your stuff taken even if you have a safe and lock your doors they still get in. DO NOT STAY HERE.

15  Thank StaceyTodd
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed here for ten days, there was 5 break ins.5!! Top floor, bottom floor it doesn't matter they know how to get in. I listened to receptionist after dealing with someone reporting a break in and she never said sorry, asked them about damage just " do you want the deposit for the safe back"!

I was woken to a horrific scream in the apartment next to me, went out and someone had tried to break in at 5 in the morning.The place is so open to these attacks, no staff overnight and no security.
They have no air con which makes it uncomfortable, the apartments are run down and their location unfortunately leaves them open to constant win.Its a trek to the shops/strip.
Even if the security improved its just not up to much.Please o not risk staying here.

7  Thank Davieritchie
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I am just back from a ten day stay here. it was awful we heard of 4 families being robbed which made us feel uneasy but thought we would be fine as we had a safe and locked the balcony, doors n windows every day and night. we woke to find someood getting into the apartment they had managed to unlock the door. this was a very frightening experience and not one id want to go through again. another family was robbed with an elderly woman and child in the room, they slept through this. this place is dangerous there is no proper security and reception is always closed. when i reported the break in the woman at reception showed no compassion, she simply shrugged. this suggests to me that its an inside job as no measures are being taken to ensure security of guests. the apartment itself is basic but then we expected that with the price. there are many other budget apartments in lanzarote which have a security guard and this wouldnt happen. keep yourself safe and dont risk staying here!

6  Thank sbarnes1
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Arrived back from here today after being the victim of an attempted robbery. My girlfriend was woken by the sound of someone attempting to get in the balcony which I went to investigate and when doing so found an arm coming from behind the curtains! I started shouting and went to the balcony by which time they had got away. Luckily we woke when we did as they had managed to open two of the three locks we had on. Phoned the police who wouldn't come as they hadn't got in, then just before leaving seen the police in the complex as a Spanish family had been broken in to. Whilst we were there 2 other couples were broken in to the Thursday previous so this place is riddled with break ins yet when I reported it to the receptionist she never asked if we were ok, whether any damage had been done nor offered an apology. There attitude towards the break in makes me strongly suspect that they may know who is committing these crimes The pool was
freezing everyday. The room had many cracked tiles and a cracked plug in the bathroom which was also home to more than a few ants.
I have never completed one of these before but need to warn people away from this place. Don't make the mistake we did. If you have already booked try to change your booking as you will not feel safe in this place at all

6  Thank Liam C
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Had a great stay here. Was worried before about location from the main strip but its only 10 mins walk and easy to find. pool area was fine nice to cool down. Friendly staff if some what quiet. Only downside was no air con in the apartment. Was hard to sleep some nights as the heat was to much. simply adding air con wuld fix this problem.

1  Thank danmanlyman
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Enjoyed my stay here. Apartment was roomy and had all the essentials for catering, Pool area was a good design, Very nice bar that opened till late, Quiet location but close enough to beach and all attractions, Most guests were very friendly and majority were repeat customers, No problems that we were aware of regarding security. On the whole I would put this apartment on my short list when travelling to Lanzarote again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family