“Our last holiday”

Beatriz Playa & Spa
Ranked #41 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed August 20, 2014

We had a lovely time at this hotel 13th July to 27th July .Staff were lovely and the maid that cleaned our room 356 was really nice .Unfortunately we didn't see her the day we left to thank her
Food was ok but when catering for so many nationalities must have been very difficult
The entertainment was ok and we had met the girl Maria at another hotel 4 year ago and she was very pleased that my husband and i remembered her

Room Tip: All rooms had sea views
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nemeth2014
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2014

Dear guest,

I am delighted to get to know that you really enjoyed your stay in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa. Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with the community of TripAdvisor. I am very sure that your review will be a great help for other travelers. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again as our guests.

Hotel Beatriz playa & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (3,052)

Reviewed August 14, 2014

we had a fortnight holiday at this hotel from the 10th july and i can honestly say that we really enjoyed our time here we went as a family of 4 with boys at 12 and 10 they had fun all day in the pool, food was great despite what other reviews say we feel like there was always variety and had themed food nights also. our boys actually tried new food and enjoyed it. we are actually looking to book for next year as everything is on your doorstep as is the beach. the only thing that i would comment on them improving is the night time entertainment as i feel that was singing most nights even though there was more crowds in the bar when they had entertainment shows (men vs lady, parrot show, magic show, dance acts) so there could be more show acts rather than just singing. we went out of hotel on those nights. other than that our holiday was brilliant and defo go back.

Room Tip: high floors are best
8  Thank elizandy
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa I would liket o thank you for sharing your opinion with the community of tripAdvisor. I am very sure that your review will help other travelers a lot to get to know us much better and will encourage them to spend their holiday here as well. We are all looking forward to welcome you again next year as our guests.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have just returned from 1 weeks holiday to Beatriz hotel Playa & Spa, and I was slightly skeptical on reading some of the reviews. But I can honestly say - it is a lovely spacious, very clean hotel, with daily maid service and clean towels - I cannot recommend it highly enough. We had a Family room - accommodating 2 adults and 3 children - is was a very large suite- with large bathroom. Excellent Air conditioning with great views of the beach and sea.
The staff were very friendly and we got all of the information required on checking in.
They have a fabulous kids club - in which my children loved going to from 10.30 - 12.30 and 3-5pm every day. My children's ages 7,5 and 4 years old. (They enjoyed the kids club, (Maeva /and Juan Louis were exceptional and great with the children) My children couldn't wait to go back every day - which was great as it gave us a few hours rest - to enjoy the beautiful spa.) or relax by the pool.

A few things to note:
You do have to hire the Safe and Fridge at 3 Eur per day if required (but as long as you know before you go) this is fine. (But on the up side you do get a free spa visit for your hire of any one of these!)

You have to pay 10 Eur - per towel to hire - for the length of your stay (but this is fully refunded at the end of your stay)

The food was good - no complaints here - and the evening entertainment was great for the children - they absolutely loved it. (I didn't see much of the adult entertainment - but again I heard it was good)

The Pool is cold - but as soon as your in - it is lovely.
I would go back - we had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Colly266

Dear guest,

I am delighted to read that you had a great holiday here with us and were really satisfied with the hotel, its facilities and the service we offer. Thank you very much for your friendly remark on our staff and especially on Maeva and Juan Luis, they will be very pleased to hear about that. It would be agreat pleasure for us to welcome you again for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had a lovely stay at this hotel the hotel was spotless and the staff very helpful. A special mention to the reception staff who were exceptional the two young men at the children's entertainment the chiefs, kitchen porters and accommodation staff ,also a lady on bar at evening entertainment, Pool Towel staff and pool bar staff were fine but not as pleasant The food was always fresh and replenished but In other all inclusive the pool bar offers a better selection of food. This hotel is on the beach where we spent most of our mornings. We are a family of four, a two year old boy and six year old girl. We stayed for a week on 13th July We had requested a ground floor but asked if we could change to a higher level this was not a problem and check in was very prompt.
We have been coming to Lanzarote for 15 years and have stayed in quite a few hotels more so in the last six years! our children enjoyed staying at this hotel.
There were not a lot of children the same age group of my 6 year old which was a pity as to have a little pool buddy would have been nice for her.
I also used my free pass in the spa which was lovely I received this for hiring the fridge.
I feel The hotel all in all was good and is priced accordingly.
Both my children have asked to stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floor is better and don't worry if you have small children balcony's are high and saf...
3  Thank ailbhe1MD
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with the community of TripAdvisor. I am very glad that you and your family had an enjoyable stay and were satisfied with the hotel and the services we offer. We would really like to welcome you again for another lovely holiday.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Dirty Staff rude , not enough of anything ,seats , sunbeds etc. You have to pay extra for a empty fridge to be unlocked in your room! There was a tray in our room with kettle tea & coffee when we checked out they tried to charge us 2 euros a day.The restaurant is awful . 20 euros for wfi that doesn't work.

The only good thing are the entertainment staff work really hard and are really nice. Well done to them.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jackie H
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 18 nights with our two children who are 3 and 5.
The hotel itself is nice, very big, rooms are good and they were cleaned everyday. The beach is lovely and literally a minutes walk away which was great.
The kids entertainment on a night was great and most of the kids seemed to get involved. We didn't stay for much of the entertainment after that as it didn't start until about 10pm.
There was no fighting for sunbeds in a morning, we always got one when we wanted one. The pools were good, the only downside they were very slippery on entering them and I lost count of how many children and adults slipped on them. One boy even cracked his head open. After several complaints they said they were sorting it out which hopefully they have done.
The reason I've only given 3 stars is because of the food and the all inclusive options.
Now we are not fussy eaters at all but the food was really bland. We struggled with it and although we was there for 18 nights our problems with the food started in the first few days.
Everyday it was some version of a pork dish or fish with bones.
The pool bar was pretty much the same with a mad rush as soon as it opened.
The pool bar drinks should have been opened at 10am but everyday they were still setting up so you had to hang around until they were ready to serve you.
In my opinion there just wasn't enough options for food when you are all inclusive. Several hours throughout the day the only choice of food was some rock hard sandwiches and buns left out on the pool bar.
Small tubs of ice cream were included but no ice lollies. They do sell them but more often than not they didn't have them in the freezer.
The food and lack of 'all inclusive' let's it down for this hotel as pretty much everything else was good.
I doubt I would return here but if I ever did it would be on a self catering basis.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Lea827
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that you didn'tlike the food as we always try to cater for all our guests by offering a great variety of dishes in the different restaurants we have. I hope that you could even though enjoy your holiday and had a good time.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

we booked this hotel at the last minute, so not a lot of choice for me to pick and what was left , the beatriz playa was the better looking one. we arrived at lunch, our room was not ready but people after us were given their rooms, thought it was because i emailed the hotel asking for a low floor with pool view and that it was to accommodate us..wrong, after waiting over 2 hours to get to our room we were given the 2nd floor at the back of the hotel. The room was spacious and very clean, i have stayed in the best rius and have to say this room was up with the best of them. I had to complain about the pull out bed being broken, this was never replaced and gave up in the end and lived with it. Yes it was expensive for the fridge but we got it and to be fair we didnt use it. the safe is a must and would pay any amount to keep my things safe.
we didt have any problems getting sun beds but was annoyed at how many people put towels on them and don't actually use them till the late after noon, we watched lots do this and it was mainly us brits that did it. I was not impressed with the pool man taking towels from bed but this was never done to the spanish guests, which the hotel mainly cater for, they even had their own bars (a scheme they pay into) I witnessed the lady in charge of the food courts telling people of for not checking in and did come across as rude yet she never told any spanish people to put the correct clothing on, they were walking around in swim wear. I found a few staff quiet abrupt but i would be the same if i had to work there, they are hard working and understaffed for the amount of clients they receive, making long ques at the bar, one staff at beach bar, it took me over 30 minutes to get an ice cream, i could have walked the the mall and back quicker and most proberbly paid less!!! The food was ok there was always something to eat and it was tasty. My husband had to leavr some chicken as it was not cooked. With some tweaking and more staff this hotel could be great, but you would be paying more, so for the price i paid and putting some of the mishaps aside, we enjoyed the holiday and would not be bothered if i was left to book again. A holiday is what you make of it, the location, the weather and the price did make this a good choice.

2  Thank shaz710

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with the community of TripAdvisor. I am glad to learn that you had a good holiday and I would like to thank you for mentioning the good value for money. I would like to make clear that we cater for all our guests and always try to offer a great variety of dishes. Please let me explain that some of our guests booked a special package offered by a certain tour operator which is more expensive and includes an extra bar at the pool. We would be pleased to welcome you again as our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Del Carmen
#11 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas
Apartamentos THe Las Gaviotas
#21 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Beatriz Playa & Spa? Share your experiences!