“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #42 of 94 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Having just returned from a ten day stay here once again it was a pleasure from start to finish, the food have greatly improved (more selection for our children, 4, 5 & 7). A wonderful variety for all cultures. The mini club has also improved 100% from last year. , Adrian, Juan luis, Yana & maeva made the stay for our three children very special. Staff were very friendly, helpful. The rooms were very clean as is the entire hotel. We look forward to our return next year!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank TRH37
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear guest,

I am delighted to get to know that we could once again fulfill all your expectations and that you had a memorable holiday in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa. It was a real pleasure to have you here and we are all looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Best wishes

Hotel Beatriz playa & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (542)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I read the reviews regarding this hotel many were complaints regarding the birds in the restaurant trying to get at the bread, yes this is true the birds do try to get the bread but come on is this the fault of the hotel staff I think not. The hotel is based on 4 star my faults on this hotel are
If you want internet you have to pay for it, if you want a kettle you have to rent it also the same with a minibar fridge this too comes at a cost these little faults can be overlooked when you have a hotel with much splendours inside. The staff are friendly and helpful in all departments everyday was different with regards to the food menus food was hot and great the hotel was clean our room was cleaned daily towels were changed well done all at beatriz thanks for a lovely holiday

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Joe P
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa I would like to thank you for sharing your opinion with the community of TripAdvisor. It’s a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your holiday and I am very glad that you liked the choice and quality of the food we offer. We would really like to welcome you again as our guest.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

I cannot fault this hotel at all. Clean, lots of choice at meal times that catered for all cultures (English, German, Spanish, French, Austrian were all staying at the hotel when we visited). A great opportunity to sample some of the local food too. The communal areas were beautiful - making use of local volcanic rocks, plants and birds to make a range of tranquil areas around the hotel and in front of the dining areas. I know it wasn't to everyone's taste, but it enhanced my dining experience - particularly the sight and sound of the birds flying freely around (and they did only go for food that had been dropped on the floor, discarded or left unattended!) The dining room staff worked hard to accommodate everyone's needs and were always friendly (even when some of the guests were rude to them!) We had a lovely sea view room - we paid extra for a 'side sea view' and were amazed at how much sea view we actually got. Again, the cleaners were friendly, always spoke to us, and had a smile on their faces. Another thing that added to my experience was the setting. Five minutes walk and I was transformed into the world of plane spotting - I even contemplated taking my camera into the sea to get some shots! Lovely coastal walks too. Although I don't drink much alcohol myself, I was also amazed at the choice of drinks available in the 'all-inclusive' package, and that they were served in glasses as opposed to the plastic cups often offered in other hotels. The room was huge, clean, and had a large balcony. Matagorda is a quiet area, but with easy access to More lively areas by bus or taxi. The receptionist ordered us a taxi in no time. As I said, I couldn't fault anything.... I would have liked a sunbed on my balcony - but I think if I had asked it would have been arranged.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor if you want a lovely sea view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jayne L
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review on Tripadvsior. I am delighted to learn that you really enjoyed your stay in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa. On behalf of all the members of staff I would like to thank you for your friendly remark concerning their service and attitude. It would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was lovely, food was very tasty at the buffets. The "restaurants" were aweful, food was very poor with a buffet for both itlian and a €5 surcharge for the privilege of eating in the Chinese buffet(restaurant). Very few double rooms which we found odd as it was a hotel and not appartments so mainly couples!!! Staff were very friendly except the reception staff who gave us no indication of facilities and where everything was located so only found the free wifi area day before we left! :( There was one member of the team that made our stay memorable and that was bar man Miguel. Always in good humour, great for chats and I think the hotel are very lucky to have someone like him on their team and should try and find more like him. If u have kids the kids club team were fantastic also.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank aideen o
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa I would like to thank you for your positive review and I will certainly pass your compliment to Miguel who will be very pleased. Your remarks concerning the reception staff will be taken in account. I am very sorry to learn about that. Thank you as well for your friendly remark on the team of the Kid’s Club.

Aberdare, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Only stayed for 1 night half board, Hotel okay. Food good quality but I would say catered more for Spanish tastes. Quiet area so if wanted lively atmosphere not much in the area would need to go to puerto del Carmen. Staff helpful. Rooms are very spacious stayed in suite my partner and I and 3 children so no complaints. I would say the hotel is a good 3 stars apart from the rooms which I recommend probably could do with a few English channels on tv would not normally be bothered but with small children would be a bonus.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you liked the hotel and the food and that you were satisfied with your short stay.

Ayr, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Hadn't planned on being away but settled for the Beatrix in Lanzarote for a week. Delightful hotel, food great, staff so helpful. Close to the airport and noise not an issue with the flights coming in so close.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Wilmarwil
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor. I am really pleased that you liked the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa and had a good time here with us. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again as our guest.

Banbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

we stayed at the beatriz playa for 2 weeks from 8th-22nd may.i would highly recommend this hotel.food great staff great fantastic location and only 10 minutes from the airport.i would advise anybody booking this hotel NOT to include transfers with their travel company as it only costs 8 euro for a taxi.will definately be going back to this hotel

Room Tip: sea view rooms are good and rooms with pool/seaview are excellent
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank josephinebickerstaff
Dear guest,

I am delighted to learn that you were so satisfied with your stay in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa that you are planning to come back. Thank you very much for your friendly remarks concerning our staff. We hope to welcome you back very soon in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa for another relaxing holiday.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Del Carmen
Hotel Floresta
Hotel Floresta
#17 of 94 in Puerto Del Carmen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,209 reviews

Been to Beatriz Playa & Spa? Share your experiences!