“Hotel stay”

Ranked #42 of 94 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Drogheda, Ireland
“Hotel stay”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for two wks over christmas nd new yr. The hotel is very big but well kept. Rooms are large and also very clean. The staff were very nice and helpful but some of the food was brutal. Both myself & my partner ended up sick. And a few couples we met said the same. After been served raw pork and raw chicken another night we ended up eating out. Which was very disappointing after paying all inclusive. When we complained to staff the chef did come out but never checked food properly. After two hrs of food been put out in pool restaurant the birds would land on it to feast, it was not covered and left there. Was very disappointed with food. There was not a good selection in Chinese restaurant but we did find a lovely all you can eat buffet in puerto del Carmen above the Santander bank in which the food was excellent. The weather was lovely while there. We would go back but not all inclusive next time around I would be looking for an apartment as it is very cheap to eat and drink there.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leona H
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your sharing your opinion about your stay in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa with the community of TripAdvisor. I am glad to learn that you liked the hotel and I hope that you had a relaxing stay. I am sorry that you did not like the food but I would like to make clear that the quality of our food is steadily surveyed, not only by the hotel itself but as well by external auditors. I truly regret that you fell ill during your stay but I am very sure it wasn’t due to the food in the hotel.

Fax: 928 51 42 07

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dundee
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I returned a week ago from a very enjoyable holiday at the Beatriz Playa. We stayed for 12 days and weather wise saw the sun most days. On cloudy days it could be quite cold in the shade. There were annoying cool winds at times. Overall we were pleased with the winter weather.
The location of the hotel is excellent with lovely walks in either direction for those who enjoy a stroll with beautiful views. For plane watchers, it is very exciting watching the planes land as they come in very low approaching the runway - great opportunities for pictures from all angles, including underneath! One day we took the local service bus to Arrecife, easy to access and at minimal cost, and walked back in under 2 hours. On another day we took the bus to Puerto del Carmen and walked back. Both enjoyable walks. We also enjoyed a visit to Costa Teguise, which has lovely sandy bays, using the local bus service. The Teguise market, held on Sundays is also worth a visit. Again we used local buses which meant we could travel there and back at times which suited us.
Our room was spacious, with a ‘sitting area’ on the lower level, looking out to the airport and the sea. The safe costs 3€ per day which is a must as the locks on the balcony doors are very flimsy and in our case ill-fitting. The fridge costs 3€ per day which we didn’t bother with. The beds were comfortable and the room was kept clean.
We were all inclusive and certainly didn’t go hungry. Despite the fact I only eat white meat, I felt there was a reasonable choice at every meal. Some food is cooked in front of you which means it is hot. Sometimes food on display for a while could be a bit on the cold side. This also applies to the coffee. In the main we were happy with the variety and quality of the food. The main dining hall has a dress code which most people adhered to, but I did feel overdressed for the evening meal at times. The waiters/waitresses were always very smartly dressed and polite. However, it was difficult to build up a relationship with them as they did not actually serve anything and only cleared tables.
The hotel has vast grounds and it took a little while to ‘get our bearings’. However, I enjoy exploring all the different areas. The open area outside the dining hall has lots of greenery and waterfalls. Along with the chirping birds it is reminiscent of being in the rainforest! We enjoyed a meal at the oriental Bamboo restaurant for a 5€ supplement as it made a nice change. This option is only available on Monday and Tuesday. The Italian restaurant is an option from Friday to Sunday. The Show Bar “Mindanao” has live music and professional shows, some of which were very good. However, the main entertainment does not start until 10pm which may be too late for some people.
The spa is excellent and well worth 13€. We received one free voucher on arrival at the hotel.
Overall, I would recommend staying at the Beatriz Playa if you are not looking for perfection in every area.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a sea view. Check the lock on the balcony door.
5 Thank lizzumba
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed and positive review on TripAdvisor. I am very glad that you could spend a lovely holiday in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa. Your statement will surely help other travelers to get to know the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa much better. We would be pleased to welcome you again as our guests.

Maidstone, Kent
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We visited the Beatriz for the 9th time in November and had a very enjoyable time. We love the size of the bedrooms and particularly the large balconies where we can get away from the hustle and bustle. We have already booked our room for 11th March for a further 9 days and are very much looking forward to it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bridget S
Dear guest,

On behalf of the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa I would like to thank you for your very friendly comment. It is always a great pleasure to have you here with us., thank you for being a part of the Beatriz Family! We are all looking forward to welcome you again in March. See you soon.

Best wishes

Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2014

having read previous reviews about hotel beatriz playa and spa we went with open minds on what to expect stayed 09/02/2014 till 20/02/2014 .on arrival checked in and was given room 1024. on opening the door was greeted with a very unpleasant ordour. we pulled back the curtains the view was of a very large tree which blocked the so called sea view.went back down to reception to see what could be done . were told that the maid would go and spray the room i told them that this was unaceptable as the spray would probably give me a miagraine.they told me that the hotel was full and no other rooms were available,we said that they would have to sort something out as room 1024 was not fit for purpose.they then gave us room 1001 and were told this would be for one night only we went to the room opened the door and the curtains and could not open the patio doors but the view was of a brick wall so it didnt rearly matter we had to come back at 1000hrs after breakfast the following morning with our suitcases packed ,which we did.they then took our cases and locked them in a room and told to come back at 1400hrs so we had no room facility for 4 hours we were then given room 3004 which was ok and cleaned to its best by the cleaner . in our opion the room was in need of a refurb as there was a lump missing out the toilet seat and tile grouting down side of bath was black . there was no tea coffee making facility in the room and the fridge and safety deposit box were charged at around £2.60 per day per item.
the food was not to our taste it was very bland and ranged from luke warm to cold and the shortage of warm plates only compouned this. the griddled meats didnt hit the mark either as they were very tough and fatty one night i so them putting a new tray of chips out thought these shud be hot ,no luke warm just like the rest. complained to the reps and the heat issue improved slightly and we got hot chips for a few nights our advice is try a little bit and if its hot and you like it go back for more there will be something to suite everone if its just soup and a roll or a cheese and tomatoe sandwich and chips you wont starve
bars only one open during the day and that was ok not much queing and there where sandwich and cakes available in the afternoon in the evening the only bar open for all inclusive was the entertainment bar there was another bar but this was not part of the a i package why not same hotel whats the difference
the bar staff in the entertainment bar leonardo costas and moises were three of the nicest most pleasant waiters we have ever met within two days all three new our order without saying anything come on beatriz playa management these three lads work so very hard to keep the customers happy deserve a bit of recognision for there hard work smiles pleases and thank you were in abundance from these three lads 10 out 10
the childrens entertainment crew were very good the young girl was exceptionaly good she always had a smile on her face and her interaction with the children was a joy to watch
the entertainment for adults ranged from duoes trioes a 60 s group flemenco dancers accrobats jugglers and chinese dancers and contorsionist
some friends visited the chinese restaurante and they were not impressed so didnt try that one
the hotel is very close to the beech and there are walks that stretch from the airport right down to the old town in pueto del carmen all nice and flat for a leisurely stroll
if you dont like aircraft noise then this is not the hotel for you as they start around 0700 and sometimes they are coming in and taking off every 5 mins if you like watching planes then this place is great
my overall view is that this hotel could do with an update and make the food more tasty dont think it is a 4 star maybe could just make a 3 but then thats our opinion we tried it were not impressed if unsure go have a look and form your own opinionand then be honest with you review
overall you cant suit everybody would we return no deffinately not
ps dont go in feburary all the locals we spoke to said that this was the worst time to to go weather was very cloudy to rain all day to unbroken sunshine for just one day out of eleven

Room Tip: the rooms on the left side looking out from reception get the evening sun the higher the better 3015...
1 Thank peter b
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for your nice remark concerning Leonardo, Costas and Moises. They will be very happy to hear that. Furthermore I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Your hints will be taken into account, thank you for letting us know.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed in this hotel over a year ago now but felt that it was important to write a review as I always go by the reviews on here. We have travelled to Lanzarote 8 times and have stayed in the most basic right up to this 4 star hotel.

Food: fantastic. It is all inclusive so you are going to get some repetitive options but over all the choice was great. No not everything is piping hot all the time, if you were at home would you be able to keep food hot all the time without it drying out, most likely not! There are many nationalities so the chefs must try to keep everyone happy. As long as you know what to expect with all inclusive then you should be happy.
The burger restaurant and the Italian restaurant were fantastic also. The outdoor restaurant for lunch was lovely although if you want the smarter option you can go inside to the dining room.

Entertainment: Good, typical Spanish hotel entertainment, something for everyone. Although the one annoying thing was people reserving seats, and I thought that was just what happened with the sunbeds!!

Pool area: Water was freezing but with it being cold at night it would be impossible to keep the water any bit warm without bankrupting the hotel. A bit of cold water never hurt anyone! The water was clean, pool area was clean. There was a broken sunbed and when I brought it to the attention of management they removed it. Towels were great and always clean.

Room: the mattress was not great but then again you are never going to find one as good as your own bed at home. The room was clean and cleaners were great. Yes there were probably bits that needed updating but its hard to keep on top of it all. There were staff there doing maintenance. Our room was facing out the back of the hotel but we had a view of the sea and the planes landing. We had asked for a quiet room and we got one. With it being beside the airport there will always be a bit of noise from the planes but if you like watching them then its no bother.

Overall I would say this was a lovely place and we will definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank annie_foodie
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your very detailed review on TripAdvisor. I am very sure that your statement will help many other travelers to come to know better the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your holiday and liked the hotel and its facilities a lot. We are all looking forward to welcome you again in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa.

Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

If your going to book this hotel don't we went on the 30 th jan for the third time we were invited to a review meeting a man fell broke his shoulder then my husband collapsed the manager didn't even help kept on giving out raffle tickets two doctors helped them that were there the manager didn't even get us an ambulance we had to walk under hotel to other side to get a taxi it was terrible and the foods repeated all the time we paid for Internet in room anddidn't work reception staff can't even pass the time of day with you don't go to it

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank helen t
Dear guest,

I am very sorry that you were so dissatisfied with your last stay. But I am afraid that I have to straighten out a few things. Yes, during the meeting a man had unfortunately an accident and after that your husband collapsed. I went immediately to help him and kept asking all the time if there was something more that I could do for him. After helping your husband and offering him something to drink (a glass of water) he said to me that he didn’t need any further help. At no time you or your husband told me to get an ambulance. If I had known that or if I had had the impression that this had been necessary, I would have called an ambulance immediately.

Travelers are raving about these Puerto Del Carmen hotels

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed for one week on half board.Found the breakfast to be very good but not happy with the dinners.Rooms were very big and very clean with no noise at night time,Arrived late as our flight was delayed so missed dinner and the staff were after leaving food in our room which i thought was very good. Plenty of space outside for sunbathing and one heated pool.Went to the spa one day and found it very good.I would return only the next time on bed @ breakfast .

4 Thank dhealy
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with the community of TripAdvisor. I am glad to learn that you liked your stay in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa. Sorry to hear that you were not happy with the dinner. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again as our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Del Carmen
#10 of 94 in Puerto Del Carmen
Hipotels La Geria
Hipotels La Geria
#8 of 94 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Beatriz Playa & Spa? Share your experiences!