“great holliday”

Beatriz Playa & Spa
Ranked #42 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed July 24, 2013

we stayed at the Beatrix playa in February for the 3rd time, the only thing we can fault is the entertainment and we felt it was worse this year then the other years we have stayed
we were very spoilt by the team with ,flowers,bubbly,fruit,spa tickets,kettle for the room,and a invite to cocktails (but sadly did not make that).
it is nice to see that the hotel keep most of the same staff each year.
there is a good choice of food, something for everyone.
the staff are very polite.
there is never a shortage of sunbeds.
looking forward to returning in 2014.

Room Tip: I would choose high floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DevonTiddles
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. I am very glad that you could once again enjoy your holiday in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa. On behalf of all the members of staff I'd like to thank you for mentioning their kindness. They always try to make our guests feel at home. I am sure that your comment will encourage other travellers to choose the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa for their next holiday. We are looking forward to welcome you again next year for another relaxing holiday over here. Please don't forget to email me in advance for a room reservation or any other wishes.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed here with my husband and three children age 9,6,6. On arrival the receptionist was very helpful and friendly and was in the room in no time. We stayed in a junior suite which was 2 huge rooms. The beds were really comfy and we found there was enough drawers and wardrobes for all our things.
The food was amazing and I do not see how people can fault it. There was such a huge range and always fresh meat and fish on the frying station. My husband and son are the fussiest eaters I know and they both easily found something to eat and enjoyed it. We did see a few birds fly in but in fairness to the hotel they did always try and sort it out.
I was up early to reserve the sunbeds but they seemed to be all taken by about 10am.
The animation team were ok I suppose but in all honesty I found better teams in other hotels i've stayed in. They definatley worked very hard but I just found we didnt know what was going on half the time. In other hotels I have stayed the animation team will walk around letting people know what activities are on and would get to know the guests. My husband usually takes part in everything but he didnt go to one activity. The kids club was great, the children were signed in for security and they did various activities however the kids club leader spoke very little English.
We enjoyed the entertainment on an evening and our children loved the magic show. You do have to be in the room by about 9.00pm to get a good view of the stage. Sometimes we were sat and could hear what was going on but no see. Maybe if they put a screen up for everyone sat outside the bar to see it would be better. The queues did get quite long at the bar. The longest we queued was about 10 minutes. The hotel is huge so it would be good to have another bar open for all inclusive guests away from the main entertainment area.
Overall we absolutely loved it here, the location, food, people and hopefully will be back Summer 2014.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 3046. View of the planes landing and also sea view. Very quiet.
3  Thank jules0482

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your positive review on TripAdvisor. It's always a great pleasure for us to get to know that our guests really enjoyed their holidays and were happy with the hotel, its facilities and the food. Thank you for your remark about the animation team, we'll try to enhance that point. We are hoping too that you'll be back in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa next summer as we would really like to welcome you again! Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us in advance for a room reservation or any other wishes.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Food amazing something for everyone excellent spa enjoyable experience queues at bar & would have preferred cocktails made from scratch rather than pre bottled stuff overall would recommend great family hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Allisonmckenna

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa I would like to thank you for your positive review and the recommendation of the hotel on TripAdvisor. It would be a great pleasure to welcome you again in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa. Please don't hesitate to contact us in advance in order to reserve a room or any other questions.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Myself, my husband and my two daughters, 15yrs and 9yrs old. My eldest daughter uses a wheelchair, and that was no issue at this hotel, there are several lifts and ramps throughout the hotel, also easy wheelchair access just outside the hotel, where the quiet road leads to the promenade/beach (just 2 minutes walk).
We also loved the location - not too busy (just what we wanted). Great that it's only 10 minutes from Aricife airport (Don't let that put you off, the planes were great to see, plus we didn't hear any after about 10.30pm), also, don't pre-book transfers like we did......we paid £40 for taxi, which did not turn up. There are plenty of taxi's waiting at the airport, and it cost less than 8 euro's to get the hotel.
Our room was lovely, In need of a little updating - yes, but spotlessly clean, and was cleaned every day of our 10 day stay, plenty of clean towels everyday and our comfy beds were changed several times. We did have to pay for the safe (but that is the same wherever we have been to), I do think 25 euros was a bit much for the hire of a kettle, but the hotel rent them from a rental service. To hire the fridge was 25 euros for the duration of our stay, but that is stocked with drinks that you can choose from a list.
Our room was 3053, no pool or sea view, but we liked our view of the mountains, and loved watching the sun go down. It was also situated in a great place for the lifts, which we needed with my daughters wheelchair....close to the lift down to the restaurant, and also close to the main lifts that take you down to reception.
I disagree with some of the negative comments about the selection of food. There was plenty of choice, every time. They have a huge selection for breakfast, and the pancakes with chocolate sauce were the best I've tasted!! we never had to wait for a table, and before we sat down one of the waiters always pointed us to a free table, the staff are very friendly, and always ready to help, not just dining staff but all the staff including the cleaners, and they do work Very hard.
We knew about the "birds", before our stay. The centre of the hotel is open air, with trees and a waterfall (very pretty), We did see birds fly into the dining room, most of the time they could be seen on the floor looking for crumbs etc, but I did avoid eating any of the bread because a few birds were regularly seen going for it. Breakfast time seems ok, but the birds can be more of an issue at dinner time. Staff are doing things to make it more difficult for the birds, but I think it's a tough one. (We did see a bird of prey, that they bring in often to scare off the birds).
We ate at the Italian, and it was really nice. We booked the oriental, but only my youngest ate there, We just didn't fancy any of the food but that was down to our personal likes/dislikes. and not the quality of the food. I think it's great that AI can get bottled water from the bar too.
There are a few nice small shops inside the hotel, and a few small souvenir shops less than 5 mins walk away, plus bars and restaurants.
Also because we hired the safe and fridge, we got 2 complimentary vouchers to use the spa for free, and we really enjoyed there.
One thing that we were a little disappointed about was the one day we went down to the pool, it was really busy, and we only managed to get 2 loungers between 4 of us. But because the beach is just across the road, we spent a lot of time there and in the sea.
Overall we had a lovely holiday, and we really enjoyed staying at this hotel, and we would definately stay here again, probably be back next year!!

5  Thank bex64

Dear guest,

I am really delighted that you could spend such an enjoyable holiday in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa. Thank you so much for your positive review on TripAdvisor. I am convinced that your recommendation will help other travellers a lot to receive an impression of the hotel and its facilities. On behalf of all the members of staff I would like to thank you for mentioning their friendliness. It was a great pleasure to have you with us and we really hope to welcome you again as our guests in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us in advance for a room reservation or any other wishes.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay at Beatriz playa, had really nice time , good location, room spotless, clean sheets and towels daily they even give you bottles of drinking water at the bar.Staff really helpful,italian restaurant in hotel lovely, would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank craig b
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa I’d like to thank you very much for your positive comment on TripAdvisor. It’s always good to learn that we could meet the expectations of our guests. Special thanks for mentioning our friendly and helpful staff, they’ll be delighted to hear that. We would be very pleased to welcome you again in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa for another relaxing holiday. Please don’t hesitate to contact me in advance for any special wishes.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just returned on 4th July from a fantastic holiday. This was our 4th year in a row staying here and we had a brilliant time. Food as always was superb and was the service. Can't wait to go back in 2014.

Room Tip: Ask for room with sea view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank zoda39

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion about your latest stay in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa with the community of TripAdvisor. I am very glad that you could once again enjoy your stay and are furthermore planning to come back. We are all looking forward to welcome you again next year. Please don’t forget to email me in advance in order to reserve a room or for any other wishes. Thank you for being a member of the Beatriz family! See you next year.

Best wishes

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just back from a fabulous week here with my family, me my husband and our 3 young boys. The food was amazing, I have a catering background and the standard of cooking was very high and the choice amazing. The staff were very friendly, the rooms lovely and the entertainment spot on. I would not hesitate in booking this hotel again. Also Lanzarote was far more beautiful than I imagined. This is not the sort of holiday we have done in the past and would never have considered Lanzarote but it is strangely beautiful, would recommend hiring a car, it's cheap and exploring the wee nooks and crannys of the island. One suggestions for the management at the hotel would be to have more staff on the bar at night time, but I think with all inclusive it is always going to be difficult keeping up with demand. Thanks again to the Hotel Beatriz.

8  Thank caroline m

#20 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Hipotels La Geria
Hipotels La Geria
#11 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Beatriz Playa & Spa? Share your experiences!