Beatriz Playa & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
San Marcial Apartments(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Pool
Nautilus Lanzarote(Puerto Del Carmen)
View Hotel
Club Valena(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Pool
Apartamentos THe Morromar(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
Villa Sal(Puerto Del Carmen)
View Hotel
Sol Lanzarote All Inclusive(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Pool
Las Cascadas(Puerto Del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
Costa Sal Villas and Suites(Puerto Del Carmen)
3,194 results
All reviewsburger barthe oriental restaurantpool barclose to the airportanimation teamplane spottingrefurbished roomevening entertainmentplenty of sunbedsplanes comingreception staffgreat holidayplenty of choicebig hotelsea viewkids clubpay euros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Been to Lanzarote several times in various hotels and apartments in Puerto del Carmen.. Very impressed with this Hotel, travelled with family (6 of us in total) Rooms were lovely with beautiful pool/sea views. Full bathroom, large room with sitting area with flat screen tv. On arrival was given a bottle of Sparkling Wine and bowl of fruit which was a lovely touch. Also given kettle, tea & coffee etc which was much appreciated in the mornings. All aspects of the Hotel were clean and our rooms were cleaned everyday and clean sheets and towels provided. Clean Pool Towels also provided everyday after a 15 euro deposit on arrival, which is fully refundable. The Spa is definitely worth a visit or two. We found all staff very friendly and helpful (with the exception of a man and a woman in the pool buffet restaurant, they were quite rude) which was a shame. The young man (matre d) in the buffet restaurants was lovely and pleasant, also Erik was always pleasant too. The waiter in the pizzeria was also very polite and helpful and the bar staff, especially Rolando were all cheerful, polite and tried to make your holiday enjoyable and always found time to chat. Reception staff were also very informative and helpful especially when booking taxis into main resort. Food was good and anyone could find something to eat every meal, had live cooking stations every night plus an additional carvery section along with other several choices on the buffet section, one of our family members does not eat meat therefore could do with more pasta dishes and pizza etc in the buffet restaurants for vegetarians, also a little more spicy food choices eg Indian restaurant is needed. The oriental restaurant was our least favourite, despite two visits but having said that, it was ok but not a lot of choice for us and a bit bland and therefore in our opinion not worth paying the supplement of 5 euros. Also a huge thank you to Eva Iglesias in reservations for being so helpful prior to our arrival at the hotel. Overall, we had a lovely time at the Beatriz Playa and will definitely be returning soon. The majority of the staff at this hotel are a credit to them and should be very proud of the service they provide.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Steve E
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you very much for you positive review about your recent stay in the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa and for sharing your opinion with the community of TripAdvisor. On behalf of the staff members I would like to thank you for your friendly comment about their service. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your holiday and are planning to come back. Please do not hesitate to contact me in advance in order to make a room reservation or if you have any other special wishes.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I'm usually not one for writing reviews on this site and I tend not to take the reviews I read too much to heart - thank goodness. I travelled here with my mother in early January as an 80th birthday treat for her and I can honestly say that the hotel ticked all the right boxes for me. On arrival we had a bottle of cava and bowl of fruit in the room which was a pleasant start to the trip. From there things stayed good. The fridge was available to rent at a small fee but because I stocked it with 15euro worth of water / cava and juice it was then free of charge. We were given a tray with a kettle, cups / tea / coffee / biscuits free of charge and this was replenished every day as required. We purchased unlimited spa entry for the week for a measly 34 euros each and it was well worth it - the hydrotherapy pool was great and the spa spotlessly clean with impeccably well mannered and professional staff. The close proximity to the airport had no impact whatsoever on our enjoyment of the holiday - there are no aircraft flying at night. I found it very hard to find fault with the quality of any of the meals / the restaurants or the staff. On two of the nights we were there we ate in the pizzeria and it was a very pleasant experience - the food was as good as any pizza place i have been in with ample choice and the usual friendly service - one of the nights was only marred by the presence of a child who screamed for the entire week of the holiday. Every night of the holiday we went for after dinner drinks to the piano bar - yes you do pay for your drink (half price) but the old adage that "you get what you pay for" rings true here - it was comfortable with half decent entertainment, very friendly staff and while it may not suit everyone - it satisfied our needs - to relax and have a quiet drink at night. The most i spent here was ten euros on one night so no complaints there either. i have to say that the idea of an "all inclusive" holiday is my own personal idea of hell but with my 80 year old mother in tow it wasn;t about what suited me so I was pleasantly surprised. i would say congratulations to the management and staff at the Beatriz Playa - you run this place like a military operation, and certainly I felt like I was treated impeccably by any member of staff I had the privilege of dealing with. I would say though, that being on a package with Thomas Cook and not having any communication whatsoever with their rep you're probably better off booking directly with the hotel or with a different agent to get a better price. While I may not be back in the hotel again, I have learnt now from experience not to take to heart the comments left on sites like this either - everyone has a different idea of what's good and what's not - make your own mind up

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
15  Thank susimcmj

Dear guest,

on behalf of the Hotel Beariz Playa & Spa I would like to thank you for your friendly comment about your stay with us. I am very pleased that we could meet your expectations in every aspect and that you enjoyed the spa and all the other facilities of the hotel. Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with the community of TripAdvisor. I am very sure that your review will encourage other travellers to choose the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa as well for their accomodation..

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Usually I stay in hostels or self-catering on my travels, but a friend persuaded me to book in for a seven night stay at the Hotel Beatriz on half board basis. It was wonderful. Although food in the Island is cheap, you often have to pay more for quality and the portions are not always great (I love my grub)! The food in the hotel was good enough. Nothing special and some of the desserts were too sweet for my taste, but it was always well presented and it was buffet style-as much as you wanted. The cheerful Chef took great trouble with artistic carvings on some of the display vegetables. There was a very pleasant sparkling wine on the breakfast menu for those who wanted it, various juices (concentrate) and a variety of cold and hot foods. The bread rolls were sometimes slightly stale. Evening meals included different meats, fish, red / white / wine and Sangria on tap, plus all the usual soft drinks and different types of fresh bread. It was a very big hotel but laid out with courtyards of sumptuous greenery that gave it an airy atmosphere and the birds singing in the mornings to me was a wonderful extra. They could not be heard unless you left your room anyway. Evening entertainment was good calibre and varied.We had a big 1st floor room with a spacious balcony and you could see the sea from there through the palms. Overhead aircraft gave opportunities for great photo's and they stopped at a decent time so they were not disturbing at night. The added advantage was that it was a quick trip from and to the airport. Staff did not engage much but were courteous when approached. There was a certain regimentation about the place which I put down to the fact that much of the clientele were German who seem to appreciate organization more than us Irish! Not a perfect place but more than adequate and very good value overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on 1st floor facing the sea. Don't be put off by single beds being so close together-they can be separated and the lockers put between.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Raffle10

Dear guest,

I am sorry but I have to thank your friend for persuading you in choosing the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa and I have to thank you for the nice review you have done about us, thank as well for the description of our instalations, all this, I am sure will encourage other holiday maker to choose us as a good option when they plan their stay in Lanzarote.

We do hope to receive and satisfy you again and meanwhile we remain.

All our best regards

Public Relations Manager
Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were booked to stay at the hotel in mid January. On arrival we were allocated a room on the 1st floor opposite the airport.
The room was very shabby, the one single wardrobe was very small and falling to pieces. The bedside tables had no drawers so space for clothes etc was limited.
The furniture in the room was in poor condition and scratched / paint missing, the fridge was located behind a locked door which apparently costs €20 per week to use. The small safe is also available for €3 per day - I have never stayed in a hotel that charges for the safe or fridge!!!
The beds are small and very uncomfortable so don't expect a good nights sleep.
The bathroom was small with twin basins but the bath was filthy and had so many deep scratches in it I can only assume someone mixed cement in it.
The rooms on this side of the hotel are directly above the entertainment area, so if you value your sleep you will have to wait until the band / karaoke has finished for the night because the sound comes straight through the floor.
As well as the sound of the entertainment we also had to contend with the toilet filling up all night until I found the isolation vale and turned the water off.
The food at the hotel is absolutely terrible and is of very poor quality with little or no choice, so if your idea of all inclusive is eating as much as you can, then this is the hotel for you.
After 2 nights I went to reception to complain about the room and ask for another room, and was told by the receptionist that she knew it wasn't a "pretty" room and knew it was a noisy room to which I wanted to know why they would put us in a room they knew was awful and noisy, to which she responded that the hotel was full, not really the explanation I was looking for.
By this time we had seen more than enough of the hotel and paid to stay at another hotel, the Sol Lanzarote.
It is by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed in and is most definitely NOT a 4 star hotel and is more like 2 star at best.
Save yourselves from a poor holiday on a fantastic island and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Get a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank TheLawnRangers

Dear guest,

I am sorry to read your review about the hotel, and surprised as well as we do have generally good comments about the food especially and about the staff atitude. About some facilities you have got to rent as the safe, most of the hotels, of my knowledge, do not offer these posibilities free of charge. I think you have not been properly adviced about our facilities and i am sorry for that.

Public Relations Manager
Hotel Beatriz playa & Spa

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went here with my partner and 4 year old daughter last week for one week. The bedroom we were given was nice but a bit dated, the blankets on the beds looked years old. Hotel is so big, took a day or two to find your way around. We went all inclusive and the food was awful, the bread rolls were rock hard like they were days old and the food just bland and boring. Paid 5euro each to eat in the Chinese restaurant which again had terrible food. Taxi to the main town was 5euro so we ended up there quite a bit to eat. Pool area was really nice but only one pool was warm enough to swim in. Hardly any children staying in the hotel, the average age was 70+. You woke every morning to thousands of birds singing outside ur room and if that didnt wake you the planes will, hotel is right beside airport!! Would go back to lanzarote but wouldnt go near this hotel again....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sarahOR186605
Director R, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Beatriz Playa & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about your stay with the community of TripAdvisor. I was surprised to hear that you thought there were not many children around as the Hotel Beatriz Playa & Spa is a familly hotel with many offers for the youngsters. Maybe it was du to the time of the year - as there are no holidays in january. Sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the food. Especially the Asian restaurant is normally one of our guest's favourites. Please let me point out that all the food we offer is freshly made every day. The situation of the hotel close to the airport attracts many of our guests as the transfer is short and watching the planes is interesting. I am sorry that we couldn't meet your expectations a hundred percent but I hope that you had a relaxing break with a bit of winter sun in our hotel.