“Wonderful time”

Ranked #21 of 92 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Ilford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful time”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We went to the Lanzarote Village as a hen party with ages ranging from 26 to 76. As you can imagine our 'shopping' list was quite a tall order! We wanted something that was peaceful but had entertainment and within a short walk of nightlife. Somewhere that could cater for meat and fish eaters but would also keep vegetarians happy too.

Well we found we very nearly had it all at Lanzarote Village. The rooms were lovely - we had 5 twins and they were very spacious with a sofa as well as the beds in each. The rooms were clean and light. Views from three of the rooms were beautiful as they looked out over the sea - mine unfortunately was of a bush but it didn't matter to me as I spent very little time in there.

We found there to be plenty of sun beds by the pool - although a little frustrated by our fellow holiday makers who would put towels out in the morning and not return until 3pm! I could see there might be a sunbed shortage during high season (we went at the end of April).

The pool was lovely and there are some nice facilities in the hotel - sauna, gym and tennis court (although some half decent racquets wouldn't go amiss!)

We used the open space in the gym to run a couple of our Zumba sessions.

There are a nice young couple running the organised activities - thoroughly recommend their samba beginners class.

The food was very good - I enjoyed their themed nights but they do need more vegetarian dishes as my sister did struggle some nights. (a little tip - try the salted peanuts from the bar on the ice cream - amazing :)) The dining and bar staff are lovely. Some of our group did find some of the reception staff to be a bit frosty although personally I didn't have a problem.

Don't book the excursions in the hotel - its cheaper if you go up the road into Puerto Del Carmen.

Finally - location. Just perfect. On the outskirts of the Puerto Del Carmen, my phone kept showing as Player de los Pocillos. A 10 minute walk into Puerto but lovely and peaceful where we were. Definitely thinking of going back and taking my family with me.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Diandjace
salvador m, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Lanzarote Village, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear clients.
Thank you for your nice and positive review. It pleases us that you found our hotel and services to your satisfaction. Thank you for booking Lanzarote Village, and we would be delighted if you would consider booking again some other time.

the Lanzarote Village team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The lanzarote village hotel. Was a great place to stay. walking distance to all the bars and restaurants in Puerto del Carmen. A two minute walk to the beach at Los Pocillos.
All the staff were very helpful and pleasant. hotel was very clean and the room was cleaned every day. my mum stayed here about seven years ago and my daughter about three years ago.
I was there last week and will most certainly be back soon. I would recommend LHV to all my friends and family. Thank you lanzarote village hotel team A1 see you all again soon. RT

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bobt1701
Dear client.
Thank you staying here, and for writing your opinion. We are pleased that you liked our hotel, that you find us recommendable, and that you would like to return. Hope to see you soon !

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel was only a 15 minute walk from all the bars and gift shops. So great location.

The hotel was very clean and all the staff were very friendly and helpful,especially the restaurant staff.
We were all inclusive for a week. The food was good just abit of the same thing everyday. I loved the salad bar!

The only thing I'd say I disliked was the bathroom towels were horrible and looked old and overused and the fact they were a dark browny/orange put me off as couldn't tell if they were clean. I didn't use my towel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel but bring your own towels.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Chelsea B
salvador m, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Lanzarote Village, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear client.
Thank you for your opinion, and for booking our hotel. Just a small comment from our side regarding the towels. We are currently in the process of changing all the red/brown towels to white towels. We hope you otherwise enjoyed your holiday, and welcome back again in the future.

Kind regards,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Just returned from a week in this hotel. the hotel is very clean,with lovely big rooms. The staff are very friendly and helpful food good. the maids do a very good job cleaning the rooms and all ways say hello. Nothing is to much trouble for them. would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank Lin_749
Dear client.
We thank you for staying here, and for your opinion on Tripadvisor. Also, it pleases us that you liked it here, had a good holiday, and would return some other time . We would love to welcome you back !!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I just want to start by saying this hotel is lovely. We arrived about 2 hours earlier than check in and they were more than willing to check us into our rooms. We paid for a safe which was a very cheap €10 deposit and €2 a day. After check in we were greeted by a lovely man who pushed our three cases and pushchair to our room, he even opened our curtains in the room and opened the balcony door for us when letting us into the room - I didn't quite catch his name but he was so lovely and it was a really nice start to our holiday.

The hotel room is very spacious and extremely clean - probably the most clean ive ever seen a hotel Ive stayed in. The balcony was huge, over looking the pool and the beach. We paid extra for this however did request a high room before going which we were so pleased to be given. Also upon arrival there were little swans and sculptures made out of towels and paper around the room, they'd even thought out putting one in our sons cot. We were also pleased to find that the travel cot provided came with a proper mattress and even a baby pillow which our little boy loved because he's never had this at home! Besides the beds being slightly firmer than our liking, I could not fault the rooms. Cleaned spotless everyday by very friendly maids we couldnt complain.

The food was nice, wouldn't say beautiful but it was to my taste and I always found something I liked. I must admit and agree with other reviewers I found it strange to find sprouts on for breakfast however each to their own! I never found any problem with the restaurant staff, they were very quick in getting us a drink when we arrived for dinner (which we were all inclusive for) and anything else we needed - like a highchair for the baby. I never seen them once without a smile on their faces, which was always a pleasant addition.

Unfortunately for the week we were there we never did get to take our little baby I'm the pool with it being so cold, however not to the fault of the hotel, we were just very unlucky to have some big winds during our visit! The pool area I found to be the safest I've ever seen, glass all the way around which I think all hotels should take note of! I always seen the staff cleaning the pools too every morning around 8am. I did see people putting their towels on the sun beds and although the hotel do have signs saying they cannot do this - its not like they can be blamed for this as can they really physically stop these people? We didn't spend much time by the pool however when we did we would go down around 2/3pm and never found it difficult to get a lounger. However please note we did stay from 8th-15th June and it didn't start getting busy at the hotel until about the 13th, so this could be different in peak season!

Again, one thing I do agree with some other reviewers which can't be helped by the hotel but I did find a lot of different nationalities and older people staying at the hotel who had a tendency to stare and make you feel very uncomfortable. Maybe it was because we had a 1 year old with us but it sometimes made us feel very on edge.

I can't comment on the entertainment as we were always upstairs early with the baby or out at the shops but this is a small hotel so I wouldnt have expected anything big on.

The location of this hotel I didn't find a problem with, it took us maybe 15 minutes to get to and found plenty of bars restaurants and shops which I was very pleased to find! On our first day on the main road of the beach we walked left to find hardly anything. If when you get to the main road of the beach turn right and follow the road straight up you will find the strip easily! Just be wary of everyone outside the restaurants and bars trying to pull you in!

Overall I would definitely say this hotel is a 4*. Its modern, very clean, and impeccable customer service by all staff there! I would just maybe suggest a change in mattresses and a tweek with the food!

Thank you very much for a lovely stay here, you have given us fond memories for our first holiday with our baby boy!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank ajs93
Dear clients.
Thank you very much for such a nice and positive review. And also for having chosen our hotel for your holiday with your little son. It pleases us that our efforts were to your satisfaction, and that you had an enjoyable stay here.
We would be delighted if you would consider coming back some time in the future.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Having just returned from two weeks all inclusive at this hotel it had its positives and negatives. Hotel itself is very nice and very clean housekeeping do a very good job cleaning rooms and always spoke to you. Swimming pool was very cold but had a good screen around for safety of children. Through no fault of the hotel though several foreign guests who were not child friendly and very rude to my children ..not many children there when I was considering it suppose to be a family hotel. Did have kids club and barbara did very well entertaining my little one. Now on a very bad point the food was TERRIBLE .if you wanted veg for breakfast thats fine but never had any on in the evening! And it was always cold even when replenishing empty food trays they bought out and it was cold...you can only eat so much cold beans!!! Do not cater for vegans/vegetarians either cooking with and plating up food with meat!! Male restaurant staff were rude but the female staff were more friendly but afraid to have a conversation with you cause of their manager giving them trouble...do they not no about customer service! The hotel is situated close to the main resort and a stroll away from the beach on the plus side..if not for the food and rudeness of some staff and guests I would have definitely returned.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Stephanie H
Dear client.
Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate all opinions. The negative points will be taken up by the management. We hope you enjoyed the best part of your holiday, and would be grateful for a possible consideration of booking again some other time.

Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Returned tues 10 june, First the hotel very clean and tidy all staff friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and ok [some people had prob with mozzies not us ]Pool very very cold, food again ok something for everybody but a bit same same [if u know what I mean].Entertainment at night APPALLING might as well not be on. Over all this was ok short trip and if you can get a deal [not pay full price ] I would say worth trying,but we will not be returning. Ps try to make sure you go AI as a bit pricey to pay for drinks.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David S
Dear client.
Thank you for writing your opinion, and for staying here. We hope that you could enjoy some of your holiday, even if you did not like the evening entertainment.
Lanzarote is a really beatiful island, so we wish for a change of mind regarding returning here.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Del Carmen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,776 reviews
Las Costas
Las Costas
#8 of 92 in Puerto Del Carmen

Been to Hotel Lanzarote Village? Share your experiences!