“First solo holiday”

Ranked #21 of 92 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Inverness, United Kingdom
“First solo holiday”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed here 7 to 14 November. This was my first solo holiday and I was very apprehensive but I needn't have worried. I am happy with my own company and was worried about anyone bothering me. Had emailed hotel a while before explaining and could I request a room not on the ground floor and with sunny balcony. I got a reply saying could not promise anything at that stage but my request was acknowledged. Got a room on the top, right at the front, with sunny balcony, albeit tiny. Tea, coffee making facilities in the room. Early bedder and early riser so was lovely to sit on the balcony with coffee and watch the sun come up and watch the early morning joggers along the promenade before shower and breakfast.

Staff were all very friendly and helpful from reception, restaurant, bar, pool bar and cleaning staff.

Food was OK, made a wrong choice one evening but that was my fault. Plenty of choice, pasta, rice, chips, salad, fresh cooked meat, just need to take time choosing. Don't normally eat sweet course but lovely ice cream and fruit. Didn't feel at all uncomfortable eating on my own. Always left a book, sunglasses on the table so that it wasn't cleared (tip from a previous review) as staff were generally very efficient at clearing up. Red wine in restaurant is chilled which I wasn't very keen on but could always go to bar first where wine was room temp and take a glass through to dining room. Also was OK to take glass of wine back to room to enjoy on balcony before going to bed. Don't know if that was allowed really but no one ever stopped me.

Went with the intention of going on trips but after the first day at the pool I ventured over to the beach and that was me for the rest of the week. I walked through the sea to the airport at Arricife and back, few swims in the sea and bit of sunbathing. Got the best tan ever just from walking. Loved it! Was a week of total self indulgence. Weather was good, I felt totally safe both in the hotel and on the beach. Had a walk along the strip at Puerto del Carmen, only about about 10 mins walk away, just cause I thought I ought to.

This is a wonderful hotel in a great location (maybe not if you are young and looking for night life)and I had hoped to return in January but it seems to be full, speaks for itself, but I will certainly return in the future :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank EvelynC318
salvador m, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Lanzarote Village, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear client.
Thank you for your long , positive and detailed review ! We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel, the beach just in front of us and the nice ,long promenade. We would be pleased to see you here again. Welcome back some other time !

the Lanzarote Village team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
stamford
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have just returned from a week AI at the Lanzarote village, this was my second visit and I would definitely return again. Great room, very clean and spacious, walk in shower that was very powerful. All staff helpful and pleasant, food and drink very good. I would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: We have been in rooms 1117 and 1230 both excellent.
3 Thank cath164
salvador m, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Lanzarote Village, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear clients,
Thank you for staying here again, and for your writing a review . It pleases us greatly that you find our hotel and services to your satisfaction, and that you would return another time !

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just back from a 3 week all-inclusive stay. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Our room was spacious and had a good size shower instead of a bath. Our room got the morning sun, so at this time of year it was chilly in the late afternoon/evening. The range and quality of food was good and restaurant staff very friendly and efficient. The evening entertainment was mediocre with the exception of a great male singer who entertained the whole room with his energy and range of songs. The bar staff were fast and friendly. Located mid way between Matagorda (and the viewing area for the airport runway - which is very popular and a sight to see planes just feet above your head before the touch down) and Puerto Del Carmen itself.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with afternoon sun if you want to use your balcony
3 Thank Sue M
Dear clients,
Thank you for writing your opinion, and also for having chosen Lanzarote Village
for your holiday. We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, and the surrounding areas.
Welcome back another time !

England
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Just returned from a week AI stay, at this resort and would happily return again.
This is my 4th 4* AI holiday this year so feel able to state this is a very good and justified 4* hotel.
The hotel is exceptionally clean and modern throughout, including the rooms which are spacious, have a lovely walk in shower and comfy beds (always a plus). Cleaned daily as are the towels and sheets changed every two. Hairdryer and fridge in room, and surprisingly supplied with large bottle of water each day.
The complex does have steps so suggest if this is a issue for you contact hotel in advance, so they can allocate you a ground level room. They are happy to take your luggage to the room just ask. In fact they are happy to do anything you request and with a smile, if your having a day out ask for the picnic.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful and service was quick and efficient. The food was good, fresh and plenty of choice for the size of the hotel......yes you get some strange things at times but they are not just catering for the brits remember. I'm lactose intolerant and always managed to find something. If you fancy a change then go out for something to eat, there's plenty of restaurants close by and none where expensive.
Drinks were good and of a good standard considering local brands, all drinkable and tasted as they should.

The hotel is located on the promenade which is hard to tell from the pictures, so if you fancy the beach or a walk then get off that sun lounger.

Only thing I didn't like about this hotel was pool area.....bigger than it looks and always immaculately clean but the glass barrier I found to be a deterrent to use it. I assume its been placed as a Health & Safety feature but could perhaps be a little more imposing. Some light music would be nice too during the day far too quiet.

So in summary loved Puerto Del Carmen now my favourite resort on Lanzarote, and yes I would happily return to the Lanzarote Village.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Alicatali
salvador m, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Lanzarote Village, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear clients,
Thank you very much for your long and detailed review ! We are always greatful for all reviews coming in on Tripadvisor, which is helpful for us in future changes.
We are glad your enjoyed your stay here, and that you would like to come back !

Swansea
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed with my wife 11 nights end October/early November. As someone who has holidayed in Spain and the islands regularly for over 30 years and usually stayed in four star hotels on half board basis I am amazed at the negative comments in some of the reviews. First time here for us and cannot seriously find room for complaint. In fact I would say that it turned out to be somewhat above the norm. Very pleasant and helpful staff in all departments, -service with a smile. We had booked a sea view room and got 1420, a large bright room with bath, 6' double bed, sofa, grand balcony with superb views. And immaculately clean as was the hotel throughout. On the day of my wife's birthday she hung up her solitary card (from me) only to find a knock on the door later in the day with a waiter delivering a bottle of bubbly and a couple of flute glasses with the compliments of the establishment. I assume the maid had seen the card and informed reception. We found the food as good or better than most hotels of this type, and my wife - a picky eater- always found something she enjoyed at every mealtime. In fact she didn't want to eat out on her birthday! The buffet style meals are rather similar in all hotels, and the desserts here were simply the best. We didn't bother with the evening entertainment but judging by how quickly the venue filled up I'd say it must have been fine. A short stroll after dinner took us to a choice of bars for a change of scenery. We were on AI this time and there was a good range of quality drinks on offer (Bacardi, gin etc were top brands) and always served up with a smile whether at the poolside or main bar. Amazingly friendly staff everywhere! Good clean pool and plenty of loungers, unfortunately too many lying empty from dawn till dusk with just towels on them.(if you can't beat, then join them!). An ideal hotel for a quiet holiday, hotel not too big, with a leisurely feel. And not far , but close enough, to the centre of PDC, or the airport in the other direction which is a tourist attraction itself given its location. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel and will be returning. Excellent value A very big thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: Well worth paying extra for sea view. You can have room 1420 when we are not in residence!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank exess60
salvador m, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Lanzarote Village, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear clients.
Thank you for having chosen Lanzarote Village for your holiday, and for taking time in writing a long and detailed review ! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here, and are thinking about coming back another time. We would be pleased to welcome you again.

UK
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Hubbie and I stayed for 1 week beginning of November - Hotel very nice - would definitely return. Rooms are nice a spacious - location is fab - walk along the seafront to the left and you can reach Matagora in a nice 30 min stroll - walk to the right and it takes you directly into Puerto del Carmen - about 15 mins leisurely walk. Taxi from Airport 13 Euros each way and about ten mins (Ideal for plane spotters!). All incl package is great - lots of drinks on offer - cocktails/baileys yum!, Food overall plentiful and of good standard. Plenty of Sun Beds around pool. Nice and peaceful.

Room Tip: I think most rooms can see the sea - we were towards the rear and could see the sea from balcony
Dear clients,
We are always pleased that our guests take the time in writing their opinion, this is for us very helpful. We are glad you liked it here. That you enjoyed the hotel, the nice promenade which runs just in front of the hotel, and other sites of this beutiful island.
Welcome back another time !

stockton on tees
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Currently on holiday with our 17month old son. Service is good and rooms clean which is great having a young one with us. High chairs don't have their own trays which is a let down as they aren't the right height for the tables.

Food - a let down. Sprouts for breakfast, I know a lot of vegetarians but none have sprouts for breakfast! The evening meals you'll find most things are usually having to be accompanied by chips there isn't a lot of choice for young children and my child usually eats/tries anything but I've struggled here. Breakfast is great though lots of choice.

We're half board so we have changed our evening meal option to lunch for the second week and eat out on an evening. I've stayed in many 4star hotels, however the food really let this place down.

I also asked to speak to the manager and a got the most unhelpful receptionist. Still waiting on a manager to see us after we left our room numbers on day 5 and it's now day 9! Shocking customer service.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank k88rpr
Dear clients,
First we will thank you for writing your opinion. After consulting our reception, there has been a misunderstanding, as it was not made clear that you were waiting for the manager to contact you.
Please, accept our most sincere apology.
Your review will be carefully discussed with the management.
We hope you still enjoyed your holiday here on Lanzarote.