We stayed as a party of seven for two weeks at this complex. The staff are all very friendly and always had a smile or said hello when we passed them which was nice. The apartment was quite spacious with good size balcony and sea-view and plenty of wardrobe space one of which contained a safe which has to be paid for. We were on this holiday as a family to celebrate my belated birthday and management left a bowl of fruit and bottle of wine which was a lovely thought and much appreciated. We were left letters asking us if we would like to attend a cocktail reception to meet the staff but unfortunately those days were when we had booked excursions on the island and could not attend. The time of the cocktail party was 12pm and we think around 5pm before evening dinner would possibly have been better as most people seem to be out at around that time.
My grandaughter enjoyed the miniclub and made a few friends.
The food was good and we always found something nice to eat.
The entertainment which we saw was good and two of our party entered the Mr. Morromar competition. They didn't win but we all had a laugh. On two of our sundays there was a guy singing with guitar etc. and he had an amazingly good voice and we ended up dancing after a few drinks as he seemed to be able to sing and play just about anything so we recommend that people go to see him as he's very good.
Just a thought regarding the entertainment... All the acts seemed to finish quite suddenly with nothing afterwards. There is good music playing afterwards but we think that it needs to be done in a D.J. sort of way with someone encouraging people to get up to have a dance for an hour as most people seemed to want to but felt too shy.
Anyway this is a lovely pretty complex and we all had a good time and will come back one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax vacations in dreamy surroundings. Apartamentos THe Morromar is a modern three-star-complex offering you an incredible experience in the island of the volcanoes, Lanzarote. Apartamentos THe Morromar is located a few kilometers from the capital, Arrecife, and just five minutes walking from the Playa de Matagorda, a familiar beach of golden sand to go for a pleasant stroll. Lanzarote is also the ideal place for the practice of water sports thanks to its optimum climatological conditions. The complex, inspired in its design by the typical architecture of Lanzarote, features a total of 221 spacious and luminous apartments distributed over independent buildings. Furthermore, it disposes of two pools, a restaurant-buffet, a pool-bar, a lobby-bar, several multifunctional sport courts and a gym. Apartamentos THe Morromar offers entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxation activities for all family members to enjoy an incredible experience in unique surroundings. Dear guests, we are working on the optimization of our facilities to make your stay more comfortable. Herewith, we inform you that our secondary pool will be closed due to refurbishment works. The expected closing dates will from 17.04.17 till 30.06.17. We put at the disposal of all our clients the main pool, which includes the children´s pool. We apologize for the inconveniences. Apartamentos THe Morromar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Apartamentos THe Morromar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Morromar Apartamentos Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Melia Matagorda
- Sol Morromar Lanzarote
- Sol Morromar Apartamentos Matagorda
- Apartamentos THe Morromar Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen