Firstly I would just like to add that we are not over critical and the type of people that complain about everything in fact we are a young couple in our early 30's with quite low expectations although some points have to be raised regarding the hotel. We were invited to put these comments in the comments book in reception however this is a more accurate way of letting you know our experience and recommendations. Both my partner and I have previously worked as holiday reps in a number of locations around the world for a number of reputable companies and do feel this review is a true reflection from both our personal and professional experience. When we arrived we had a small child 3 years old with us and were given the keys to our apartment. Now the lay out of the apartment is that the little one would have to sleep on the sofa bed on the living area where there are tables tvs sharp edged furniture etc and we were in a seperate room. Personally we didn't feel comfortable leaving our 3 year old on his own even though the room was adjacent at 3 years old they have a tedancy to "mess around" he couldnt settle in the spacious room so we asked reception for a camp bed which they kindly agreed to set up in our room next to us.
The food was at best very average, again most of the time the snacks by the pool for the children were barely warm and never hot and also not very well advertised as we only found this out on the last few days. Our young one struggled to find anything he like at the evening meal as beef stew and rice or other food such as fresh local fish etc don't get me wrong there was a few choices although repetitive but I would seriously suggest a little kids corner food counter with nuggets, chips, pizza, spaghetti, beans, that type of thing would be a massive success and has been very favourable in hotels we have worked in previously. In fact we ate out for about 4 of the seven nights despite being all inclusive due to our boy not wanting any food from the restaurant.
Now I don't blame the entertainment staff at all they are great workers and are trying extremely hard to please the guests but with little support. I don't know whether this is due to cost etc but they are a credit to the hotel just a Shame that they are left on there own to entertain the guests which to be honest in the evening is bordering embarrassing. The games in the day are great and they are fantastic with the kids. However when you see a sign in reception saying tonight's entertainment is Latin American dancing you imagine a great show of dancing followed by maybe a bit of dancing from the guests but this isn't the case it's the reps put some costumes on and try to get people up dancing not really entertainment is it? There was a 70,s and 80,s disco sounds great you think? No DJ? And the same rep again comes out in fancy dress costume trying to get people dancing! This is a big problem in my experience as I was an entertainer in previous roles and this is just not good enough. Guests look forward to being entertained and a show or act of some type. Fine if there is no funds available for outside acts to come into the hotel and perform them more staff is needed and a leader with some direction of presentation is required to get some acts which people will enjoy. Every hotel That we have worked at have had outside acts perform once or twice a week in the hotel.
Bit far out from all the action for us 5 euros each way to puerto town which in old money is £10 return. We did this 5 times during our stay quite expensive. The port area is a must to visit fantastic location very busy and close to everything. You must try the Island Bar and Rory the singer is fantastic a great night went to his show twice even with the little one all welcome great live music can't leave lanzarote without visiting the island bar.
Beach close to hotel and nice sandy beach.
Reception: friendly staff helpful, although not all singing of the same page, not good customer service for one member of staff to say you can Definately have late check out and then another member of staff the following day say this is not possible untill the arrivals list is checked for availability. I appreciate this but training must be given to staff so they are all aware of the procedure we had to then argue our case as we were not flying till 7pm on our last day and standard check out was 12pm we did manage to stay in our room till 4pm at an extra cost of €15.
Finally we had a Pre booked taxi paid for at the time of booking our holiday. Reception told us not possible to have the taxi collect us from reception and we had to walk approx 50 metres around the corner to the rank. That's a first for us we never had our guests drag there cases to the taxi rank, they were always collected from the front door. Not to mention we had 3 large cases and a pram and a three year old child and noone offered to help us just told make your way to the taxi rank. Great. When we got to the rank the taxi did not come So I left my partner and the baby and the cases and pram and ran the 50 metres back to reception guess what? Taxi outside so I jumped in and we picked my partner and baby up. Another example of the reception desk staff not knowing what's going on with the most basic of tasks.
Overall: clean, most of the staff friendly, ok location defo too far out for young people wanting to party stay in the port area or town centre. Good for families, although if you like entertainment as an adult not the best I've seen by a long way. Food ok there are choices not great for children and to me good food on holiday is one of the most important things And the wine. So to just say there are some choices for me is not enough I want lovely food and enjoy each meal I didn't enjoy one of mine.
This hotel is so close to getting it right just not quite there. Food more varied choice, more options for children required and entertainment needs improvement then there onto a winner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax vacations in dreamy surroundings. Apartamentos THe Morromar is a modern three-star-complex offering you an incredible experience in the island of the volcanoes, Lanzarote. Apartamentos THe Morromar is located a few kilometers from the capital, Arrecife, and just five minutes walking from the Playa de Matagorda, a familiar beach of golden sand to go for a pleasant stroll. Lanzarote is also the ideal place for the practice of water sports thanks to its optimum climatological conditions. The complex, inspired in its design by the typical architecture of Lanzarote, features a total of 221 spacious and luminous apartments distributed over independent buildings. Furthermore, it disposes of two pools, a restaurant-buffet, a pool-bar, a lobby-bar, several multifunctional sport courts and a gym. Apartamentos THe Morromar offers entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxation activities for all family members to enjoy an incredible experience in unique surroundings. Dear guests, we are working on the optimization of our facilities to make your stay more comfortable. Herewith, we inform you that our secondary pool will be closed due to refurbishment works. The expected closing dates will from 17.04.17 till 30.06.17. We put at the disposal of all our clients the main pool, which includes the children´s pool. We apologize for the inconveniences. Apartamentos THe Morromar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apartamentos THe Morromar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Morromar Apartamentos Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Melia Matagorda
- Sol Morromar Lanzarote
- Sol Morromar Apartamentos Matagorda
- Apartamentos THe Morromar Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen