“Value for money”

Ranked #37 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Really nice place to stay, very chilled and relaxing. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and received excellent value for money. Our room and all the facility's were spotlessly clean. The apartments are in a nice location just a nice 5 minute stroll to the beach, bit of a steep incline thou so wouldn't recommend for people in wheelchairs.

1 Thank Anitaflynn
Schrave, Director General at Apartamentos THe Morromar, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comment! We are glad that you have had a good holiday in our apartments and would love to welcome you again!

Best Regards,
The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Polish first
Oxfordshire
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have just come back from this hotel a group of four adults .We had a really good holiday here The hotel was very clean the apartments were spotless the food was good the staff were lovely . All I can say is the people that have complained don't know what they are talking about I would gladly go back again .There were all different kinds of people young families groups of young boys and girls senior couples all getting on well their was no rowdy behaviour I would recommend this hotel to anyone old or young.

Room Tip: we had rooms 209 and 211 sea view all tho it was near we had rooms 209 and 211 with a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MarieOxfordshire
Schrave, Director General at Apartamentos THe Morromar, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your positive comment! I will pass it to the staff!

We hope to get the opportunity to host you again!

Up till then,
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Hi me and my partner just got back from staying 2 weeks at this apartments.
We got to stay in 822 it was a nice big clean room. We loved how big it was, you get quite a bit of room to your self. Nice lil kitchen area witt a fridge so you can put drinks in. Small hob and basic kettle and toaster. You also get a nice big room and tv. Lovely balcony to relax on.

The apartments area is clean and pleasant. Nice modern complex to stay in.

Some great facilities a gym you did have to pay for. A tennis court, football pitch and play area.
They also did variety of kids groups and entertainment on at night.
To connect to wifi in reception was a euro for a hr. You could buy more if you wanted to though .

It has nice to pool areas. In two different parts. Kept clean an not too deep. Plenty space to relax by the pool. The top pool is right next to the pool. Where you can get some drinks and snacks.

Food area is really big and set out like a buffet style. There was quite a big selection of food.
Bread section
Salad bar
Special section- different styles of food
Hot section meat/fish and pasta
Continental section
And desserts.

Food wise it was always a good selection on. It was not always to our taste but there was still some thing for us to eat.
Great breakfast selection couldn't fault it. Was always full English on and plenary of cereal choice.

Drink wise I thought it was best I've had goin all inclusive.
Plenty of fizzy pop all top brands
Plenty of fruit juice
Slushies for kids
Great larger on
Hot drinks
Great spirits choice
Even better good choice of cocktails.
Most of soft drinks you could just help yourself too. Which was good seemed a quicker way.

Staff were amazing friendly really polite. Always willing to help you with any thing. Reception staff Thomas , frank and the rest really tried to make u feel welcome and wanted to help you with anything.
Management was really helpful and willing to make the stay good. Also she was very polite and helpful.
Cleaning staff also very happy and polite.
In restaurant the staff always greet you with a smile.

The apartments weren't too far away for places to go. If you don't like the idea of walking far there is a taxi rank outside the apartments. Cost about 4 euros on to main strip. Or if you walk a 10 mins down hill you can catch a bus for 2.70 euros to main strip area.
If you wanted to though you could walk into main area. It's a bit of a walk but simple to find. Aso pretty flat to walk about. Walking it too yh main part it was about 45 mins walk or less.
Luvly places to walk around shops are nice. Good food areas too eat out at.

Overall I loved this lil place friendly, clean, variety of food and drink, I love the apartments place it was private and cosey. It was a little out of the way but I liked it for that due to u could relax easily and it was peaceful.
I would go bk again and even recommended it to my family to go nxt yr.

I would also recommend you get the hotel to book you on some trips they do with the travel companies.
We went to the markets nice little trips. We also went on the fuertaventura trip was pretty lil trip got to see the islands. I would recommend the playa blanc trip too lovely little village.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank JennyD24
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your positive comment. I will pass it with pleasure to the rest of our staff!
We are glad that you have had a good holiday with us and would love to greet you again!

Best Reragds,
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel setting was lovely, very clean and well kept. Rooms were a little dated, but clean. There was a good selection of food in the restaurant for all tastes. The beach was a 5 minute stroll away, but not much in the way of bars or restaurants nearby. Self catering is therefore not recommended unless you want to take a taxi into the main town at night. However, if you want a quiet location, then this is a good choice. There were two pools at the hotel, the best one being the bottom pool which was a lot quieter. Management and staff very friendly and helpful. General feel of the environment was relaxed and friendly. Would have preferred a room with a double bed rather than twin beds, which I think should have been allocated for a couple. There could be some improvement with the evening entertainment, perhaps some live bands, live music etc. Overall a really nice place to stay for a quiet, relaxing holiday.

1 Thank pete c
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comment! We are glad that you have had a good holiday with us.
As to the twin bed, we are sorry that we haven´t heard about your wish while you were staying here, since we could have arranged that without any problem.
Nonetheless, we hope you will give us another chance to fix that and to welcome you again.
Thank you for your time.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

myself and my partner has just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. after reading poor reviews we was a bit worried, but firstly can i say the hotel and grounds are very clean, every member of staff was very helpful and friendly, the only thing that let this hotel down as the enterainment was non exsistent, the food was a major letdown, breakfast was the best meal of the day we tried the food for 3 days after that we ate out everyday, ther was no choice and only ever luke warm, only chicken nuggets for kids, im a veggie only thing there for me everyday was salad fries or pasta.....
the hotel location is not the best either we went into peurto del carmen which is 4 euros taxi rank outside.there is a shopping centre 10 min walk away which has 3 shops, the walk into peurto del carmen is a 2 our walk if your looking for a completly relax no hustle or buslte then this is the place to go , but on a self catering plan the food was a major let down.........on a whole its a nice hotel but i would not go there again

3 Thank s4r4h71
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for publishing your impressions about your recent stay in THe Morromar.
We are very sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay in our complex. Regarding the entertainment, I do not know which were your expectations but we do have adults and children activities morning and afternoon except thursdays and sundays. Shows are on every night, we have professional shows as draq queen, magician, live music or karaoke, and other shows are prepared by our entertainment team (miss/mister morromar, quiz, bingo, etc.)
We try to offer a buffet which caters for all palates, although it is always difficult to satisfy everyone. We offer a salad buffet in a daily basis, paella or fideua for lunch, fish, meat, chicken, etc. We have thematic evenings as asian, italian or canarian. In our snack bar you can find burguers, hot dogs or fish fingers which I think are also suitable for children. I have no complaints regarding the temperature of the food but I will be checking this more closely just in case.
As I always explain, we are located in Matagorda, a quiet area 10 min. by car from PDC. This information should be clearly explained when booking your holidays.
I am very sorry for the inconveniences we may have caused you.
Best Regards,
The Management
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Firstly, in the two weeks we stayed, we did not see anyone behaving badly or any aggression, just people switched off enjoying their holiday. All the good things that have been said are true,. The Manager introduces her key staff and invites your input, and deals with any little thing promptly and with a smile, both commendable and refreshing..
We were 2 over 65 couples and we enjoyed it all
My husband and I did not feel the need of a fan in our room, we slept with the window open at nights under a sheet and were comfortable, (joy of joy, NO Mossies!) we had room 619 backing on to tennis courts and it was very peaceful but close to Pools, reception, dining room and bar etc.
Green Parrots flew in the Hotel grounds most days, and it is beautifully laid out with flowering shrubs in the gardens around the apartments..Everywhere is spotless. Food was great, freshly cooked and constantly being monitored and the chef stands and cooks the next batch, loads of choice and good quality. I assume from the negative reviews some people do not eat well at home! The salads are extremely fresh with many choices daily, I loved the artichokes!.my husband loved the Sardines and we both enjoyed the Duck, there is a good variety of hot meals too, with fresh fish and meats daily, after a week my dress didn't fit! Drinks were local but same everywhere.As with every thing in life, it is what you make of it? Roberto is a lovely warm character and full of fun. and worked endlessly for people to have a good time, the pistol and rifle shooting during the day is all included and there are a variety of other things to join in, apart from those, we didn't but enjoyed watching, particularly the days when the huge Zorba ball was on the pool with people being tumbled about inside!! The beds were very comfortable and being Deaf, I never got disturbed, but the others said there were a few noisy revellers some early mornings, returning to their apartments, but that is hardly the fault of the Hotel!
The only criticism we would levy is that there were no quiet comfortable seating areas away from the evenings entertainment. Even so we loved it all! Thanks to all the team your services were outstanding every one of you, we will not forget this holiday. X X Jan and John

Room Tip: 619 was great, sun on the balcony and shade on the bedroom
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank jessharris
Dear Jan and John!

It was a pleasure reading your comment! Thank you very much for posting it.

As to the seating areas away from the entertainment, you can always sit by our upper pool. Nonetheless, I will note your comment!

Once again, thank you and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again!

bristol
Reviewed September 19, 2013

me and my girlfriend stayed at the morromar between the 30th august to 6th september, and what a nice place it is. The place is well set out with two pools, one which is up by the bar, where you get more younger people who like to hear music all day, and another about a hundred yards away that is nicer looking and more chilled as the bar is kept shut, so those who do like to have a drink all day have further to go.
i would recommend that you don't get put in one of the apartments in the main building above the restaurant and entertainment venue like we were, as its very noisy. we asked to move after one night, and the reception who are brilliant were very accommodating and put us in a lovely apartment at the top of the complex looking over at the hills, which after going on an excursion we were told all the so say hills on Lanzorote are actually all volcano's.
we went all inclusive, and the restuarant is nice and clean with a good selection of meals to have, i know this as i gained a few pounds.the drinks are local ones so a bit hit and miss with what you have, but this is the same with all Ai'S...if they were top brands then it would cost us all alot more.
the entertainment on the night isn't my and my girlfriends sort of thing, but alot of people did seem to like it, as there were always lots in the room., we were happy going off on the night down to the bar's near the beach which was a pleasant 10 minute walk, or a taxi into the main part of puerto del carmen which cost 7 euro's.... just a tip, ask at reception where the bus stop is, as the bus service is great and really cheap, its 24-7 too. we went to costa blanca for the day by bus and it cost us 6 euro's there and 6 euro's back, to go by taxi would cost 25 euros each way.
for an excursion, i reccommened you do the short south tour to timanfaya national park which costs 20 euros each, its something i'l remember for the rest of my life. i just wish we were there longer to do more excursions like the north tour which looks good too,,,,who knows maybe we'l be back in a year or two's time.
and the final thing about the morromar that really made the holiday for us, is the people who work there, from reception to waiters, cleaners and maintenance.there all very friendly and i'd just like to say a big OLAH to them.

Room Tip: stay away from main complex if possible
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank tonytravelsBristol
Schrave, Director General at Apartamentos THe Morromar, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear guest!

Thank you very much for your positive comment! I have passed your "hola" to the staff with pleasure.

It would be a pleasure for us to greet you again!

All the best,