Just back from the Morromar Apartments, after spending a week there with my 9 year old grandson. We knew what to expect as we had read all the reviews, and this hotel was everything we expected - basic, clean, good location, very relaxing. Staff were helpful when needed, but to be honest we didnt need them other than when the child pulled down the shower curtain accidentally, and a new one was put up immediately. We chose self catering, as we wished to choose where and when to eat, and this was the right decision for us. There is a small supermarket onsite for ice cream etc, but a short walk away was a larger Spar where we got everything we needed. The taxi rank was just accross the road and for a mere 5 euros we could go in to the centre of Peurto del Carmen, which was a lovely lively resort. We had a brilliant view of the sea, and the small pool on our back door step which was really handy for the child. The entertainment crew tried their best. Oh, nearly forgot I got bitten to death the first night I was there! Multiple mossi's.
Only critisism is that the towels and bedding needs to be changed more frequently. It is basic, but good value for the money paid which was about £750 for the three of us, for a week, including flights.
Would definately go back - not sure when.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax vacations in dreamy surroundings. Apartamentos THe Morromar is a modern three-star-complex offering you an incredible experience in the island of the volcanoes, Lanzarote. Apartamentos THe Morromar is located a few kilometers from the capital, Arrecife, and just five minutes walking from the Playa de Matagorda, a familiar beach of golden sand to go for a pleasant stroll. Lanzarote is also the ideal place for the practice of water sports thanks to its optimum climatological conditions. The complex, inspired in its design by the typical architecture of Lanzarote, features a total of 221 spacious and luminous apartments distributed over independent buildings. Furthermore, it disposes of two pools, a restaurant-buffet, a pool-bar, a lobby-bar, several multifunctional sport courts and a gym. Apartamentos THe Morromar offers entertainment, sports, leisure and relaxation activities for all family members to enjoy an incredible experience in unique surroundings. Dear guests, we are working on the optimization of our facilities to make your stay more comfortable. Herewith, we inform you that our secondary pool will be closed due to refurbishment works. The expected closing dates will from 17.04.17 till 30.06.17. We put at the disposal of all our clients the main pool, which includes the children´s pool. We apologize for the inconveniences. Apartamentos THe Morromar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Apartamentos THe Morromar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Morromar Apartamentos Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Sol Melia Matagorda
- Sol Morromar Lanzarote
- Sol Morromar Apartamentos Matagorda
- Apartamentos THe Morromar Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen