“Excellent service provided”
Review of Rosamar Apartments

Rosamar Apartments
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Just returned from 1 week stay at the Rosamar Apartments had a brillent time, Karaoke and barbacue through the week, food was excellent, service was excellent. Rooms cleaned every 2 days including change of towels three times a week. Pool bar and restaurant was excellent there was a selection of food to suit all tastes. Staff very friendly and anything that we asked for there was no hesitation in them doing it for us. Thanks to you all for making my holiday hassle free.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank martinacorrigan

Reviewed June 30, 2010

cant say id 1 problem. apt wasbig enough,beds wer fine. cleaning lady shud b givn a medel. she came every day even if we didnt get up till 2pm she'd always go back nd do it. clean towels every day, she'd even fold r clothes if they wer thrown around, id b a bit of a clean freak so i usually hav problems abroad but not here. we paid €150 each for the wk, got a brill bargain. beach ony 5 mins away, cant go wrong

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Hayleyosullivan O
Reviewed March 7, 2010

Having read some mixed reviews of these apartments (and having booked anyway!), I was a tad apprehensive when my holiday finally arrived and I was going to see the premises in person.

But I need not have worried, the apartments were wonderful and I was happy to spend my week there!

There are 40 apartments in the complex, in 2 buildings which are separated by the swimming pool. All apartments look out onto the road (and face south, so all balconies get the sun all day!). The road isn't busy, and there's plenty of on-street parking if you hire a car. No apartments face the swimming pool directly (they're at 90 degrees to it). The pool has sunbeds on 3 sides, some of which have umbrellas. The sunbeds looked fairly new, as did some of the umbrellas (others looked faded so had obviously been in the sun). Didn't try the pool, but it looked clean. There's a separate children's pool.

All apartments have steps up to the door - or down, as there are a couple of basement apartments too. Reception, the snack bar and the toilets close to the swimming pool are also downstairs, so they might not be suitable for persons with restricted mobility or for persons with young children.

I had a first floor apartment, and had 3 flights of stairs up to the front door. Although the apartments are in 2 blocks, the entrances are in groups of 4, so you will only have a max of 3 other apartment dwellers passing your door.

The apartment was the standard layout for holiday apartments - living room with kitchen area, separate bathroom and a bedroom with twin beds. There is also a balcony off the living room. The windows which are accessable (balcony & kitchen) are lockable. The sofa was convertible into another bed. I'd feel that the apartment would be rather crowded with 3 people in it.

The kitchen had all I needed in terms of cutlery/crockery (4 settings of everything), kettle, microwave, 2-ring cooker and fridge. There is no dining table, just a breakfast bar & stools, which might not suit everyone. There is a coffee table though. I had no hot water from the kitchen tap - not a major issue for me, and I could have had it seen to.

Bathroom had a full size bath with shower included, and the spotlights directly over the large mirror at the sink were a nice touch. Strangest was the built-in hairdryer....it looked like a vacuum hose with an end piece like an icing bag! Handy for getting hair dry, but I wouldn't rely on it for complicated styling!

The bedroom had 2 twin beds, a locker, dressing table and wardrobes. There were dozens of hangers in the wardrobe - quite a change from the usual 10-12 (between 2 people or more!!).

The apartment was spotlessly clean, it looked as though it had been recently renovated (the complex itself did, paint was very fresh and clean). The furniture and built-in kitchen units looked new or very nearly new.

I spent 5 days / 6 nights there (arrived late Monday, left Sunday), and the cleaning service called 3 times - Wed, Thur and Fri. Bedding was changed on Wed, towels were changed on each visit.

There is a complex directly behind the Rosamar, the balconies of that complex face directly into the Rosamar bedrooms. That complex has a children's play area which was behind the Rosamar pool and not far from my bedroom window - I didn't see or hear any children playing, but it may have been a quiet time of the year.

The area around the Rosamar appears to be a mix of residential and holiday apartments, so it's not noisy or rowdy. There is a Spar supermarket within 3 minute walk, and the Puerto Del Carmen "strip" is less than 10 mins away (for anyone who knows the "strip" the road from the Rosamar arrives at the Casino). There are a couple of small bars in the area, but I didn't try them so can't comment. The Rosamar snack bar serves breakfast (expensive at €5 - I didn't try it), snacks and drinks, and closes before 10pm each night.

I was delighted to spend a few days in the Rosamar and would have no hesitation in going back.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
7  Thank gipi
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Don't go here. We arrived to what we expected would be an air conditioned apartment (2 week holiday). Guess what - No air conditioning. When you read the Falcon brochure it says "all suites air conditioned". It doesn't say there's only one flaming suite in the whole complex though. We were one of three groups who complained to the First Choice Rep and we hadn't all been "told at the time of booking" that there was no air conditioning. We asked to move and were told "Certainly sir, that'll be € 705 extra! So we decided to put up with no air conditioning and stay put. Then they had the gall to offer to rent us a fan. Don't ever accept one, we went to Visanta (excellent shop by the way for all electronics) and bought a fine one for cheaper than one weeks rent of a fan. At the end of week one, all three of us (wife, 8yr old and myself) got ear infections from the pool. Only after getting these infections did we check the pool out properly, watch the grating around the pool where the filtered water goes in? It wasn't cleaned since it was installed I'd say. The medical bills (a big fear not being allowed to fly home) came to over € 1350.00, which we eventually got back from our insurers. However, not even a sorry from Falcon. They're some shower and we'll never again go anywhere with them. So well done Falcon, you really are clueless in customer relations.

13  Thank Irish_H0lidaymaker
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Just back from the Rosamar Apartments. Stayed there with my husband and 2 young children and another family with there 2 children. The kids had a ball. They loved the pool. Pool was just a perfect size. Staff were very friendly and very helpful. Apartments were very clean. There is a little snack/bar just down the steps. Food there was very nice. Staff in the bar were very friendly, made you very welcome. Around the apartments was very quiet, but just down the road, you have the beach, the shops, bars, restaurants. I will definately be coming back to the Rosamar. Could not fault it in any way.

2  Thank DublinNan
Reviewed July 18, 2009

Just back from a lovely holiday in Lanzarote. Have a toddler so enjoyed the family centre ness of puerto del carmen. Rosamar apts were quiet, 5 minute walk from the strip and cleaned 5 out of 7 days. Being Irish we like our few drinks, but bar in Rosamar closed at 9, 11 on Fri and Sun. So no entertainment at all. My biggest complaint would be cleanliness of pool. Kiddies pool had newspaper floating in it for 5 days!! So we spent most of time at nearby complex!! And if you are leaving on a late flight home... dont expect to have access to your bedroom. Kick-out at half 11. Courtesy room available but to be shared with other families. Not ideal with little ones!! Sorry Rosamar, ye were very friendly but we can't say we'd return to stay with you.

1  Thank WestClareMyah
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Went here with my sister cousins other and aunt.. It was lovely although it was the worst june whether wise in over 18 years we had a ball! Rosamar was clean and tidy the pool was not the biggest but we really availed of it! The food at the bar which was down a serious flight of steps was nice but wouldnt make you want to stay there all the time! Staff were friendly. Everything was clean and well kept and there was a cosy atmosphere almost like a community.. What let this place down was the lack of entertainment.. bit boring.. But it was a stones throw from the main strip of Puerto Del Carmen but still wasnt mad! Whether its relaxing or partying i would recommend this apartment complex

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family