2 people are viewing this hotel
$103
Priceline
$103
Free cancellation until 10/01/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
$65
eDreams$103
ZenHotels.com
All reviews sun loungers minute walk half board big balcony apartment was clean block b most nights kitchen area breakfast and dinner sky news every other day cleaned daily snack bar strip deposit
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2019 via mobile

We went to the Aparthotel Costa Mar for a week in August. For a self-catering apartment, it lacks some basic amenities, such as a sweeping brush. Towels are changed every 2 days, and bed clothes every week. The bathroom only has a shower, but that shouldn't be a problem. The bathroom is small enough, but isn't tiny. Television is free, but is very small and has a very limited number of channels. Kitchen is connected to the sitting room. The kitchen has the basic things, (a sink, fridge, cooker, etc.) which is to be expected. The cooker, however, is a two-burner cooker, which I think is a bit ridiculous. Large terraces and balconies, and the bedrooms very spacious and comfortable. The pool is big for a smaller resort, with a poolside bar. Plenty of sunbeds but only about 60% have an umbrella. We were in the A Block, which is quite near Samy's Bar. From our apartment, Samy's bar was quite pleasant, but if you were in Block B or the nearer Block A's and C's, Samy's bar would be very loud. The beach is directly across the road in Block A and B. Sol y Mar is very, very close, and we ate there twice, and it was absolutely lovely, very friendly waiters/waitresses. Spar is very close by, so we bought everything there. You can buy wifi, but to be entirely honest, it isn't worth it. I think it was 14€ for 1 device for a week, and 21€ for 2 devices for a week. They advertise an Irish bar, Sláinte, but it doesn't exist. If you want good wifi for free, go down to reception. I never ate in the restaurant so I cannot comment about that. There was a bus stop very close by, so we got the bus into Puerto Del Carmen almost every day. Many buses will come along and stop, but if you are going into Puerto Del Carmen, you only get the number 2 or 3 InterCity bus. Location is great, with the airport about 10 minutes away by taxi or bus. All in all, great apartments but could be slightly better. 4/5

1  Thank HKLiverpool
Reviewed August 15, 2019 via mobile

Had a really great time here we went with 6 children and 3 adults apartments were clean and spacious only thing is no air-conditioning pool bar food was nice wasn't overly priced we didn't eat in restaurant though. Also no real entertainment but we didn't stay in the hotel so it didn't bother us. Perfect location also

2  Thank Maryb1945
Reviewed August 5, 2019 via mobile

I have just visited this place with my wife and 2 kids. (7 & 10). The hotel and our room is very average. Nothing much special to write home about. They do the job for the price. Dated rooms that need a refurb. We booked a 1 bed with balcony but got a 2 bed with no balcony. Not sure it was much of an upgrade as the only access to the bathroom was through one of the bedrooms.

The pool is small for the amount of people staying in the hotel. (Look very closely at the photo of the pool. It’s deceiving) Although, if up early enough you can get a sun lounger and they do remove towels on loungers that people haven’t occupied in a reasonable time. Kids club was ok. 11 and 5 each day. Crafts at 11am. Mini disco at 5. Thats about all I can say about the hotel - it’s 3 star and deserves it.

The huge drawback with the hotel for anyone with a family however is “Samy’s bar/ Sol y mar” (both owned by the same person I think). This is located on the front near block A. (Not actually part of the hotel) It has live music or karaoke every night, very loud between 9.30pm & 1am. If you are unfortunate enough to be put in blocks A-C and are at the front with the amazing sea view, good luck getting to sleep before 1am. (Same songs repeated every night too, apart from Karaoke on a Wednesday which I though was in my room it was so loud)

If you have kids or/ and like to sleep, request to be away from blocks A to C. If you want to party go to Magaluf, Ibiza or block A.

Due to Samy’s bar this has been an exhausting holiday for my wife and I. We won’t return to this hotel, but maybe to the island one day.

Date of stay: June 2019
1  Thank Charliegill
Reviewed August 5, 2019

Great location, we stayed in the G block and loved every minute of it, great big balcony with view of pool and sand play area.
My two girls (age 4& 7 ) loved the Art Mini camp from 11- 12 everyday and the two facilitators.
10mins from Airport.
Basic Apartments but clean.
We stayed half board ( breakfast & dinner ) accompanied Gluten free diet ✅ which was a great plus for me.
Only recommendation is that I feel a bottle of water should be supplied on the table at dinner, as drinks are charged for
Thank you Costa Mar we will be back!

1  Thank Maryann B
Reviewed August 1, 2019

The Hotel is not too far from the airport which makes it quite a convenient location for holidaymakers. The room is very basic with limited furnishings and simple design but was good enough to stay in. To improve on this the cracks should be sorted and also maybe upgrading the furnishings in the rooms to make it more luxurious. We did not try out the restaurant as this was extra money which we did not pay for. The pool area was exceptional as it was clean and not too busy and always sunbeds avaliable. The Wifi, however, was disappointing (there is no wifi in rooms unless you pay for it but there is free wifi in reception) and after paying 15 euros the wifi was slow and not good at all- definitely consider not using that service. Overall the hotel is good but definitely needs improving in the future

Date of stay: July 2019