Stayed in the Costa Mar for a week in January, accommodation only.
The staff were very friendly, pleasant and good humoured, and responded to any request very quickly.
The apartment itself was pretty dated but largely fine for what we required. There wasn’t an electric kettle but one was provided pretty quickly when requested. The electricity went off at our first attempt at using it, couldn’t fix it myself, but again was resolved immediately when reported. There was a grand flat screen TV (3 or 4 English channels) although we had little use for it. The place was cleaned, towels and sheets replaced, and beds dressed any number of times while we were there. The one criticism I would have of the apartment was the unannounced and uninvited visit of 3 cockroaches, big buggers, probably harmless but not the most pleasant, we returned all three to the wild, how do the little buggers get in in the first place. We didn’t eat in the restaurant but it was certainly well used, there was invariably a queue (and a bit of a rush) when it opened for dinner at 18:15 each evening. We had a ground floor apartment, if you want to make the most of the winter sun I would suggest looking for a first or second floor apartment (might be more of a challenge for the cockroaches as well).
The apartments are located less than 100 metres from the beach but it is another 200 metres from there to the sea. The apartments are located immediately behind a sort of a commercial centre, unfortunately most units are ‘se vende’ or ‘se alquiler’ which makes for a pretty depressing commercial centre, there is a fine Spar supermarket, a couple of (nice) restaurants, an amusement arcade (not my favourite kind of unit), and a late night entertainment place if you know what I mean, the rest are empty I think. So the location didn’t impress.
It’s about a 15/20 minute walk to the Matagorda Commercial Centre, and even this is beginning to look a bit dated, 30 minutes walk the other way will bring you into PDC new town, and 45 minutes to PDC old town. There is a nice pub, Ned Kellys, about a 10 minute walk away, a very pleasant owner Elaine, good entertainment and a bit of craic.
The weather can significantly colour one’s impression of a complex/area, the weather was pretty poor, very strong winds, a little rain, and relatively poor temperatures, so maybe i’m being overly negative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This comfortable, family apartment hotel complex is surrounded by gardens and is situated a few paces from the the white sandy beach of Pocillos.This is an excellent location from which to enjoy holidays in the sun and on the beach. You can complement your activities with the full entertainment program for adults and children. The fully-equipped apartments have one or two bedrooms and boast sea views. This is a place particularly suited to families in search of spaciousness, tranquility and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, HostelWorld, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aparthotel Costa Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Costa Mar Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Mar Lanzarote
- Partner Costa Mar
- Aparthotel Costa Mar Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen