“Best holiday ever!!”

Aparthotel Costa Mar
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at costa mar for two weeks. It was my second time visiting after 7 years and it was as enjoyable as it was the first time. The staff are lovely and havent changed since my first stay which is a good sign. The apartment is a good size ,beds are comfortable and if you need a kettle or hairdryer you just ask at reception. The location is great the beach is just across the road and you can either turn left to matagorda (loads of bars and restaurants to choose from) or turn right to peurto del carmen (the strip) for a nice evening or just a day out. Overall i really enjoyed my stay and was sad to leave. I will definetly be coming back next year!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Holidayer099

Reviewed June 10, 2013

returned 25/05/13 after 12 day stay. We asked for 1 ground floor apt and 1 high floor apt. We got 2 ground floor apts. We tried to change but the very unhelpful reception staff (all Male) said that all high floor apts were gone, even though hotel not very full. They said that they had received no special requests from either ourselves or our travel agent even though we had put special requests on our accommodation form. The apts themselves could all do with a makeover and were not cleaned very well. They all looked just as dusty after the cleaners had left as before. We tried to boil a kettle on our first day, but the whole wall socket fell out of the wall (extremely dangerous). To their credit they did come out and mend it within an hour (probably because I complained about health and safety). Maintenance of the apts was very bad - doors not shutting properly, broken gate, open wires hanging out of light sockets, no air-conditioning or ceiling fans, floors were always hard and slippery (we had to hold our 1 year old Granddaughters hand all the time as she had just started walking, she could have cracked her skull if she had fallen over). We also had the most uncomfortable chairs and settee I have ever sat in. All in all the whole apartment was a health and safety issue.

Main pool was closed for 9 of our 12 day stay. Childrens pool was open but too deep for infants (1.1 Metres). Only about 30 sunbeds around pool which were quickly filled up either by people or towels. We asked for sunbeds to be brought to our Apt and they brought 1 old sunbed after 3 requests and 5 days had passed (again inefficient reception staff). There were 3 adults and 1 infant in our apt. As the pool was out of use there was no entertainment, either daytime or evening, during our stay.

We stayed HB and could not complain about the restaurant food except to say it was a bit samey. Cooked breakfast was 2 types of eggs, mushrooms or baked beans, sausages or bacon. Dinner was mostly veal or fish (both which were well cooked). The desserts were cake orientated and were not replaced very quickly. I must admit they have the best ice cream I have ever had on any of my holidays (plus point).

We found most of the staff to be very unpleasant. They all looked as though they would all rather be somewhere else,

The bad points are a real shame because the location of the hotel is in a terrific position for a quiet family holiday with the beach just across the road and shops and other facilities all within easy walking distance along a long promenade either to Puerto Del Carmen or the airport (didn't notice any aircraft noise in the aprt). There is also a very good Spar Supermarket just across the road from the hotel.

This was one of the worst holidays of my life and I found it to be very stressful all the time. I even caught a virus with three days of my holiday left and came home with a very bad chest and cough. I would never go to this hotel again because they are just not customer friendly. They did not even try to sort our problems out quickly. It was obviously too much trouble for them.

Room Tip: For sea views ask for a high floor, but if you have children ask for a ground floor. There are 4 fl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Just returned from a 10 night stay at the Costa Mar. Apartment was spotless and a decent size for 2 of us. Staff are excellent and very helpful wherever possible. The complex is slowly getting an overhaul as it has been about for a while clearly and is like most other buildings on the island, a bit worn in terms of exterior paint, etc. This is just an observation rather than a criticism.

Overall, you can expect above average accommodation, friendly staff and a nice relaxing place to stay that is about a 15 minute walk to the start of the main strip of Puerto del Carmen. We went self catering and didn't eat in the restaurant but saw many people eating there so it must be pretty decent. Would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room or a room on a higher floor (to minimise morning noise)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pockey
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Its my fifth year in the Costa Mar, Lanzarote always go for my birthday, nice weather this time of year. But I was so dissappointed that the pool was out of service and wont be ready for another 3 weeks, I wasn't told that when I booked through Banana Republic, or the hotel when I rang them direct to ask for the same apartment D16.. which is spacious and no steps to climb. I was told on my third day that we could use the swimming pool in an adjoining property... Also as I had a late flight home asked for a longer stay than 12pm only got an extra hour, but the cleaning lady let us stay longer, very nice of her!...

Room Tip: the D, E, F, G bottom rooms are on the ground floor with their own front gardens and are quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank missbluejeans
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Just returned from a very happy stay at Costa Mar.Aparthotel. Our apartment was spotless, as was all of the complex. The staff were amazing, kind and friendly. The food at the evening buffet was excellent....just TOO MANY desserts ;-O) ! (didn't try the breakfast menu. ) All in all a great two weeks at a very reasonable price....hope to visit again. The fact that the large pool was being re-done wasn't really a problem for us...and now its lovely.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Good service friendly staff. Maintainance could do more with doors. Securing loose and ill fitting doors would do away with banging doors when the wind starts to blow. In general our stay was good. May stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Aparthotel Costa Mar is obviously very old now, and the rooms are very basic, but for the price we paid this was my expectation, so my disappointment does not reflect that. However I was extremely disappointed at the cleanliness of our room. It was FILTHY!! For example:

- MOULD in the shower
- DRIED URINE running down the sides of the toilet bowl
- HAIR from the previous guests on the floor
- HAIR in the sheets
- ANTS in the kitchen
- food burned to the stove top
- LARVAE in the cutlery drawer

As mentioned above the hotel was basic, and cheap.. but that does not mean guests should have to stay in filth, cleanliness is a necesity that was unfortunately over looked... I would not recommend this property!

Room Tip: Rooms in other hotels may be better
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple