Stayed in room 60 which was in the gardens near shuffleboard and pétanque. 5 minutes to main hotel when you had worked out the short cuts. Yards from the beach gate. Nice room but could do with some touching up, furniture a little rickety and bathroom needed a coat of paint. Travelled with one child who's bed was in the lounge hence had separate bedroom which is what we wanted. Terrace area to sit out as we were ground floor, one room above had balcony. Very private and not noisy. Food was varied and plentiful, lovely fresh fruits, salads and juices, dessert choice very good, meats not to my taste. Children's choice a little repetitive but effort was made. Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner (choice of 2 additional restaurants one Asian and one Chinese which you could use with pre-booking, we did not so couldn't comment) all buffet style. Drinks throughout day were a godsend, fruit cocktails and the coffee machine firm favourites, and as much bottled water as you wanted was a nice touch (fridge in room to keep cold). Kids club was a must for us for some peaceful time and for our son to do a variety of activities. Our son who is 7 was reluctant at first but special thanks to Martin who within 2 minutes had our child dressed as an Indian and fully engaged for the full 2 weeks! The best way to describe Martin is a multilingual modern day Pied Piper. He had a super nature with everyone children and adults alike and gave us 3.5 hours child free per day, so thank you. We did not go to any evening shows and only got as far as mini disco so cannot comment. The adult entertainment team were busy and activities well attended however they were not pushy and left the disinterested alone. We sunbathed by the kids pool and never had a problem getting a sunbed however the larger pool behind was always busy and very cramped. We visited the beach a couple of times, it was clean and not busy. The staff worked tirelessly every day cleaning up the pool areas. They did decide to cut back the palm trees half way through our break which closed some areas for a short time and was a little messy. One minor thing I would mention is there are no pool side toilets so you have to either visit the the hotel or go back to your room, not always good when children don't give that much notice! Lovely place great for a family break, short transfer, would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen