The previous comments from Angela perfectly sum up this hotel. It is like a cattle market especially at meal times and breakfast even worse. But they still manage to never run short of food, always topped up. Yes the tables are far too close to the point that the person next to us made a comment upon our choice of food, as we both had the same meal! Problem I thought not, they were foreign and then spent the meal laughing at us, how I stopped myself from throwing it over him I will not know! And then for badness we choose the same sweet desert. Not everyone is friendly and found the Hotel lacking any atmosphere. The food is good and plentiful , choose the fish and carvery for fresh, the veg is miserable overcooked and seems frozen. But the staff very helpful and one day I asked for gravy and it appeared. The sweets very repetitive, but lots of fruit and cheese. Found the white wine very hard to drink also the fizzy water, but there is plenty of shorts on hand if you like them. The entertainment is ok but the seating in there terrible, just needed the pop corn and you could have been in the pictures! Also needed to wear a coat to sit in the bar freezing the heaters useless, and they cannot wait to switch them off at 12.00.
Had a upgrade room so in the old Hotel lots of wasted space there a lovely area but not serviced shame, as would have used it as most nights we played cards and it was warm. Quite a walk to have meals glad I bought my flat shoes on the ,"'stairway to heaven" as it was rather slippy. Our room was lovely the difference being that they are larger, carpeted throughout and two very comfortable armchairs and comfortable beds. Only two or three English stations on a large flat screen tele, no wifi in room. Pool area very nice and managed a swim very clean and tidy gardens. Quite location with walks either way out of Hotel. Would not return too big for me over 1500 guests when full.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen