Wasn't sure about going to Lanzarote but I am soooo glad we booked this holiday, came back so chilled!
We stayed in the side which is lovely and quiet, which was another hotel before I'm guessing.
This side had a pool, a huge conservatory restaurant which looked out to the pool and was somewhere nice to sit if the day was breezy. There were always plenty of sun loungers which was great. Our side was the side to stay if you wanted a short walk for the daily papers, the spa centre or the gym. Lots of comfy places to sit and beautiful big picture windows with beautifully tended indoor planted areas. The walk way that connected to the main building was co joined by a decking path that was so shiny and clean made many a person comment! Staff took great pride in their hotel and cleanliness were obvious where ever you went. Our bed was really comfy. Every member of staff said hello to us on passing and always smiled which was a nice touch.
Each morning we walked through the hotel guests were enjoying Boulles and rifle target shooting and then as you walked through the gate wow the sea view was amazing!
Out of the gate turn right and walk for a short while to some shops which were great for pottering, take your walk for a further 15 mins mins and you will come across two special places for coffee. The first an upstairs restaurant on your left with an amazing view, and another restaurant a little further along just need to walk down some steps and this one had tables nestled on the rocks with the sea before you.
If you turn left out of the hotel you could stop for a fish foot spa and be spoilt for choice for refreshment in the many restaurants. Or why not leave the pathway as you come out of the gate and walk along the beach to cut the corner, what a lovely walk that was. One morning we turned left and we flagged a taxi to Arrecefi as buses can fill up and asked for the Grand Hotel. Walked in found the lift and went up to floor 17. Stepped out and looked for the café. With snacks and drinks enjoyed the fabulous view, go there and see for yourself! Just wished I had taken my swimming costume for a swim in the bay before we went by taxi back.
Went for a Grand Tour around the island with Thomson and it was extraordinary. My husbands choice but I loved it. Had some interesting stop offs. Thomson hired Jumpy Tours for our tour, the lady was lovely but a shame about the male 'Jumpy Tours' rep who at times was so rude to people, just a bit arrogant really.
Back to our hotel. Internet 20 euros for the week. You get 2 large bottles of water free from reception each day.
Food was varied and of high quality. If you are a healthy eater you will want to return, if your not plenty of that too! I loved the sardines, salmon, prawns, mussels, anchovies and caviar. Serrano ham and different meats each evening. An abundance of fruit and cheeses, soups and salads. Wine was good too. Prosecco always chilling in an ice bucket waiting for you at the bar.........
Hope to go back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen