I will start by saying that we did have a nice holiday. This is a very large complex made up of 2 hotels the 2nd being linked by a walkway accessible via the reception area or you can walk through the gardens at ground level. What the management are trying to create is one large resort, I dont feel they have entirely achieved this. All the focus is on the main hotel i.e the facilities including reception, restaurants and entertainment, leaving the other building out of it offering only a bar which is open for drinks and snacks during the day but is closed for breakfast and evening meal. There is an amazing reception area in the 2nd building but it is not used such a shame. Swimming pools are located on both sites. Our room was at the beginning of the 2nd building however if you are placed at the end then you are in for a very long walk.
In total there are 3 speciality restaurants.An Asian open every night, the Mexican and Canarian cuisine opens on different nights and shares the same premises. You are entitled to visit each one once per week. They are all good with the Asian being the best I recommend you book on arrival because, the main buffet restaurant was disappointing it is over crowded and far too small.Buffet style meals with food located at different points resulting in lots of people walking from one side to another.For breakfast you can eat outside however smokers are a problem. The food selection is very good, hot and fresh. Unless you are a vegatarian my friend always found something to eat but the choice was bland.
There is only one large bar area with covered outdoor seating again smokers are again an issue also in winter it is cold so take a warm jumper. With no indoor bar the only quiet place is the reception area but then to get a drink you have to walk down a flight of stairs. The evening entertainment was in a cramped over crowded theatre we did not find this appealing and gave it a miss.
The rooms are spacious,clean and comfortable. Mosquitos were a problem. We were unhappy that only 1 key is available per room.Also the free safe works on a key and not a code. So if you lost your keys someone has access to your valuables.
The animation team focus on the main hotel pool. Being located at the other pool I saw them walk past at speed not really encouraging clients to join in the activites.
The hotel is clean the pool area and gardens are lovely and well maintained. I found all the staff including the Thomson reps very friendly and helpful.
I spoke with the managment about our thoughts and was advised that improvements are planned. I hope they go ahead as they will turn the resort from good to excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen