This is our second visit to this hotel, and was every bit as good as we remember it, hence our return.
We flew with Thomson and the flights were on time, but standard. The transfer was quick and painless, but I would suggest if there were 4 of you take a taxi as this would be cheaper than the bus transfer.
Reception was brilliant for check in, very polite, friendly, could not have been more helpful. As we were a large party travelling together I had emailed the hotel to request rooms on the quiet side and close together, this request had been accommodated and also our room upgraded to a suite, really fabulous room. To add to this on arrival back to our room on first day, we had a welcome back letter and a rose for the ladies, lovely touch, thank you.
The rooms as stated were lovely and kept spotless by the maids who worked so hard, we didn't just have towel swans, we had swans with sunglasses!. Made us smile. Also very honest, one of our party had misplaced money, they dropped it and simply couldn't find it, on return to room next day, the money was on the table waiting for them. Always a friendly smile and a welcome when ever we saw them.
The pool was lovely, we did stay the side with the swim up bar so didn't participate in the main pool activities, but that was our choice. We didn't find the sunbeds crowded, have seen them so much worse and you could usually get a bed no problem. The pool area was very clean, and the poolside snack bar ideal for a light lunch. The staff were constantly cleaning and keeping the area tidy, hats off to them again.
The restaurant did get busy but you could always get a table, the choice of food was excellent, I suppose you could say it got a bit 'samey' but in fairness, when you had such a huge selection what else could they provide you with? There was something for everyone and even in our large party, everyone still found something to eat and enjoy. The long trousers rule was enforced and we did see a few gentlemen get a bit upset about this but I don't understand why, it was quite clear this was the case from the booking reference, in the travel guide and on trip advisor. We ate in the Asian restaurant and all loved it, really nice change, then tried the Canarian restaurant and loved that too, really, don't hesitate, make sure you book them. We really couldn't decide which was our favourite
The bar area was again spotless, and because of the self service the bar was always quite, if you thing the cocktails are too sweet or not strong enough, just ask them to top up with spirit, its not a problem.
While there one of our party was taken ill. Reception could not have done more, they rang around, found the assistance we needed, wrote the address down for us, so when they called a taxi all we had to do was hand the paper to the taxi driver, you really could not ask more.
Really, if you want a good quality, friendly, well placed, spotlessly clean hotel just book it. Please don't let the negative reports put you off. We will be returning again at some point, its a gem
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen