“Great family resort”

ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort
Ranked #19 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Great family resort. We stayed all inclusive for ease.

The food and drinks were good, lots of sporting activities such as fitness classes, yoga, tennis, volley ball, arts and crafts.

The rooms were a good standard although some are a bit of a walk away as it is a big resort. The location was good near to restaurants, bars and mini golf! Just across the road from the beach and a 30 minute walk to the harbour.

Will stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KatieA103
There are newer reviews for ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Lovely relaxing holiday for one wk. Staff were all lovely and friendly. The director Miguel went out of his way for us. The room we had was 265 same floor as reception, close to everything overlooking the gardens, which is what we asked for. ( I e mailed the hotel beforehand and asked for a quiet room)
Book yr additional meals on arrival because they fill up quickly (Mexican, Asian and canarian)
You have to put yr towels on sun beds early, about 7.30am or else you don't get the best location by the pools.
Excellent animation team brilliant for the kids. Entertainment at night wasn't the best but lots of people enjoyed it.
Enough food choice to please all. There are no sun beds or parasols on the beaches!
Tho sons reps really looked after all their customers. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the main block by reception. Close to all amenities. We were in room 265
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank samantha_pink_lady
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Have just returned from a holiday with my Husband and 8 month old girl.

Having read reviews, I was concerned we would be in a noisy part of the hotel and wasn't sure of the best part to be in. Before we left I emailed the hotel to see if we could have some lounger chairs on our balcony as we would be using the room a lot while my little girl slept in the day and a sea/pool view as we couldn't book one with first choice. They emailed back saying that they would see what they could do. I didn't expect anything but it was worth asking.

We arrived at lunchtime and although the check in wasn't until 2pm they worked hard to get us in our room ASAP. We ate some lunch and after this our room was ready. We were told by the lady at the check in desk that they had a surprise for us and we had been upgraded to a suite, which was so lovely. The room was huge with a big lounge and separate bathroom and a slight sea view. It also had a huge balcony and was spotlessly clean. There was a travel cot for my baby and that was really clean and had a comfy mattress on it.

We were located on the Palace side. Having read reviews I was confused as to which side was the quiet side and which was the main hotel, so will clarify a bit more.

the palace side had the quiet pool with a swim up bar. There was a snack bar open during the day, at night there is nothing going on in this part of the hotel and you have to go across to the other side of the hotel for dinner etc. There is a bridge connecting the two parts.

In the main hotel there is the main restaurant, reception, bar and the speciality restaurants. The pool there seemed to have activities all day, but we didn't end up using this one.

I've seen a lot of reviews complaining about the bridge connecting the two. This bridge really isn't that bad and we used it several times a day pushing the buggy between the two parts of the hotel, it was never a problem. I would also like to point out that you don't have to use the bridge, you can walk outside through the gardens.

We liked staying in the quieter part of the hotel and it was fine walking across to the restaurant each night.

We ate once at the Canarian and Asian restaurants and twice at the Mexican. The food was so good and lots of choice, we booked at the reception for these. The Canarian and Mexican alternate in the same restaurant, I think thurs to sat is Canarian and sun to wed is Mexican.

The main restaurant food was good too, but I do agree it could get boring if you ate there every night but as there is the other restaurants that wasn't a problem. We never had a problem finding a table and sometimes ate on the terrace, which I preferred to the restaurant. The tables are fairly close together in the restaurant but this was no different to a cruise ship I have been on and was fine. I had read from a previous reviewer that you had to leave pram outside the restaurant and was concerned about this incase my daughter was asleep. This was incorrect, whilst there is space the leave prams, you can take them into the restaurant and the staff were very helpful with this with this. If you go to the restaurant for opening at 6.30pm or after about 8pm it seemed a lot quieter.

Snack bars during the day were lovely, burgers, pizza hot dogs and salad. Breakfast had a huge selection of hot and cold items.

Drinks were fine, my husband didn't mind the beer and I didn't really drink so self service diet coke was perfect for me! it is worth noting that after the snack bar closes in the palace side at about 6pm , there is no where there to get a drink. I saw people filling flasks to take to their room, which seemed like a good idea.

We used the quieter pool everyday, it did get busy and some people did reserve sunloungers very, very early in the morning but that happens in most places. We found sunloungers no problem, as we didn't mind where we sat. There was also a huge pile of spare loungers that could be used.

We didn't watch any of the evening entertainment but did catch a bit of a show through the window and looked good. I think if you wanted to get a good seat you would have to get there early.

All the staff were so friendly and helpful and I couldn't fault anything with the hotel. It was clean and well maintained. I would visit again but i dont like to book the same place twice in a row. This was our 1st time at a riu hotel and I will definitely be looking to book another one in a different country.

I was a little unsure of my choice after reading other reviews but this hotel was great and worth the money and I do think maybe some reviews are a little picky. The food has a huge variety and even the fussiest eater will find something they like. If you want a room in a specific area then email the hotel to see if they can meet your request. I personally would request a room in the quieter palace side if I were to visit again but if you want to be close to the restaurants and evening enternainment then ask for the main hotel.

Room Tip: We were in room 3353, which was a suite. Close to the bridge and lifts. Perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Princess_Jo2510
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Just back from spending 2 weeks at the RIU Paraiso and had a lovely time. Hotel is spotlessly clean and all the staff are very friendly and cannot do enough for you. We celebrated our anniversary whilst we were on holiday and had informed the hotel in advance of this. When we arrived we were told we had been upgraded to a suite which was really lovely and made my day! On our anniversary itself we came back to our room to a bottle of Cava and a card wishing us a happy anniversary. We had booked into the Asian restaurant that evening and was greeted by Pepa, wished a happy anniversary again and shown to a table with another bottle of chilled Cava. All the staff are excellent but we feel that Pepa always went the extra mile to please her customers so deserved a specific mention.
The food was excellent for all inclusive and had plenty of choice. We really loved the speciality restaurants and they were a lot quieter that the main restaurant.
My only complaint is that they have combined two hotels with all their guests into one hotel with all the dining facilities and evening bar areas into this hotel which means that this side of the hotel, with all the amenities, was overcrowded, noisy and not very relaxing. My suggestion, which wouldnt cost RIU too much money and would make guests happy, would be to have a bar area opened after 6PM in the other, facility scarce, hotel. At least then when guests have had enough of the noise over on the "other side" they wouldnt have a real trek with their glass of wine back to their rooms.
As usual you have the same problem with obtaining a sunbed in the mornings. And although i hate to do it, i followed the sheep and got up early to put our towels out!!!! There seems to be a lack of space for sunbeds around both pools, so again very crowded and noisy.
Although ive come up with some negatives the hotel itself is great but just too many people there for us to feel totally confortable. I have learnt that in future i will look at smaller hotels which will suit us better.
Rui Paraiso is a great hotel for families and have a wonderful attentive entertainment team. We dont have children but i could see that all the kids were having a great time with really special staff who really looked like they were having more fun than the kids!

Room Tip: Quieter on the other side, but no facilites after 6PM
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jojo1999
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My girlfriend (Fiancee on return home) spent a great week at the Riu Paraiso in July 2012, and as the title states the only reason behind us not returning this year is the small matter of buying our first house together.

On arrival we were asked to leave our luggage in reception and go for dinner so we did not miss it.

Our room was at the other end of the hotel, a short walk over a covered walkway, overlooking the "smaller" of the two pools (the one with the swim-up bar), the end which some might describe as the quieter end. The room itself was very clean and cool, and in our case came witha great view overlooking the pool and beyond, the sea.

The hotel is situated right on the sea front witha handful of shops within walking distance. The town of Puerto Del Carmen is a short bus/taxi ride away ((air-conned) taxi approx 8 euros 2012), which has all the ammenties you would need including the open-air shopping centre which my other half couldn't get enough of.

The bus stop itself is (if you leave the hotel from it's back entrance and turn left) a two minute walk away.

We went all inclusive which meant all meals and drinks came included, my only criticism, and it is only very minor, is the food on most evenings was very much the same each night with a few exceptions, but the Mexican and Chinese restaurants we visited on two nights of the week we spent in the hotel made for a pleasent change, that said on the whole the food on offer was plentiful and of good quality (even if the bacon wasn't proper bacon). Oh and for those that like it, there was a very drinkable beer on-tap too.

The staff were very helpful and friendly, and although I did attempt, on occasion, my Spanish, it was very handy that a number could speak English, and I was extremely impressed with how much ease some staff members could jump from speaking one language to another, to another, to cater for the breadth of nationalities who were holidaying at the same time, this was especially noticable while relaxing by the pool while the entertainments team (who, along with all the staff, worked their socks off every day to keep folk entertained) entertained the kids and adults alike.

Now although this review is about the hotel, if you do go, there are two things you must include on your itinerary, one is a trip to the Timafaya (hope that is spelt correctly) Volcano/Mountain Range, and the other is to make use of the hop-on - hop-off tour bus service called Lanzarote Vision, this is a great service, especially if you wish to explore the ever-so slightly more remote North of the island.

Lanzarote is great island, and with a hotel like the Riu Paraiso to stay at, it is certainly an island and hotel we will be returning too, especially as it was where I was brave enough to get down on one knee and propose, although slightly burning my knee in the process on the hot tiles......good thing she said yes......

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RobandNatalie
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at the Riu Parasio from the 4th July for a week and stayed over the bridge in the "old " part of the hotel, I emailed as I had purchased the holiday as a birthday surprise for my partner and they upgraded us to a " Superior " room which was fairly basic but perfectly adequate as we didn't actually spend a huge amount of time there other than to sleep !

Food was fabulous if people say its bland then I'd say explore a bit more there were huge choices yes there was maybe some repetitiveness however there was no way you'd ever go hungry ! Drinks on tap "Cava /Prosecco " yum x

Agree with the comments that the

Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank BristolSue21
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My partner and I travelled here for 1 week in July 2013 and I was more than pleasantly surprised. I had read reviews before travelling and was pretty happy with the choice we had made so when we arrived to such a spectacular hotel it was such a nice impact on our holiday.
Our room was spotless and large, giving plenty of room for comfort, and with a double wardrobe each it was a bonus! Upon arrival we were given 3 keys, one for the room, one for the gate that leads to the back of the resort and one for the room safe which we were to use free of charge :) we were also given a card to exchange by the pools for fresh beach towels every day.
The staff at this hotel go out of their way to help you and are always very happy and everyone down to the cleaners and garden maintenance staff will say hello. Restaurant staff are very helpful too, offering coffees in the morning as you sit and water for dinner. (There are also help yourself drinks too)
There was a large choice for food and it was plentiful, with food being offered at all hours of the day. All inclusive drinks were well worth it, with not only the local vodka, gin, beer and wine but also cocktails, amaretto, baileys, rum and more! Wine and beer were also on help yourself taps so which was helpful to avoid queuing for the bars.
Entertainment was good, we only went to 2 of the shows as we ventured out into the town the other nights. The best of show, which is usually shown on a Wednesday is hilarious and I deffo recommend a watch!
Location is a good point of this hotel, sitting right on the beach front and only a 5-10 stroll down to the main strip of bars, restaurants and shops. I would recommend the Da Vinci, gorgeous food at such a reasonable price.
Overall I could not fault this hotel....I will be returning and I will be venturing to other hotels on the Riu chain.
Thank you Riu for a beautiful holiday!

• Stayed: July 2013
Hipotels La Geria
Hipotels La Geria
#11 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort

Been to ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort? Share your experiences!