“Even better then our first time there!”

ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort
Ranked #20 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
London, United Kingdom
“Even better then our first time there!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We returned here for a 10 day holiday in June 2013 having had a such a lovely time back in May 2012. Last year we went for 7 days and it was our first family holiday with our 2 yr old son and thouroughly enjoyed ourselves so decided to return for 10 days with both sets of grand parents this time round. We had the worry that maybe it was not going to be as enjoyable as our first time and that the family would regret going with us but we had nothing to worry about. Reception staff friendly and very welcoming, rooms were lovely and clean and as requested we had rooms next to each other. The resturants provided a wide range of dishes everynight and the snacks through out the day were lovely aswell and the themed resturants were just as good as before. Our nearly 3 yr old son had a whale of a time he was to young for the kids club last year but this year was made to feel very welcome and enjoyed the daily activites and the mini disco in the evenings. The animation team work very hard and Martin who runs the kids club is brilliant with the children.

Overall another lovely holiday and the fun was had by all and hopefully we will be returning in a couple of years

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Claire H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,033)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Firstly I just have to point out that my husband and I came here without kids and had an amazing experience.

The hotel (as someone stated) must not write there own positive reviews as I do not work for them.

Also the bridge everyone seems to moan about on the reviews is not that long at all and we walked on it 3-4 times a day although there is a different route to get from one side to the other
you go down to the swim up bar (quiet side) down that ramp and follow signs for the main reception or the volcano nightclub.

The staff were lovely and spoke multiple languages, the entertainment staff were extremely good even as we saw a few time with the children that were there. They always seemed to be around somewhere we started to wonder if they ever slept!

The weather was gorgeous and the two pools either side plus kids pool was a very nice touch.

As it was our honeymoon we received champagne on arrival and then more champagne on my birthday! lovely surprise.

The maids were extremely helpful and friendly and quickly get into what ever routine you decide (ours was every other day) there is also signs you can put on your door whether you want them to come in or not.

The free safe and air con was a lovely added touch

The food was superb, never a complaint heard about it and we definitely had no complaints, There were various choices all through the holiday with extra touches such as chocolate fountain on the odd days. The restaurants you had to book (Mexican, Asian etc) were also excellent! The only thing I can say is if anyone can complain about the food they must be very fussy!

We booked our excursions through last minute travel (just down the road if you turn right out of the back gate) they were good value for money, we went on the camel/volcano ride excursion as well as to the Teguise market and on the submarine ride. The men who did our excursions
(especially camel/volcano) were extremely happy go lucky men who seemed to have a real passion for Lanzarote and its history.

Tip: there is a lovely little Irish bar called the Harp Inn or Harp something where live bands play, it is the closest irish bar, turn right as you leave the back of the hotel turn right and walk about 5 minutes down the round you will see a supermarket a shop with fashion etc then some steps/ a slope to some pubs and a book shop, it is there (the book shop also excellent cheap books).
Also an excellent bar further down called Africa! The animals in there are amazing as well as the cocktails and live music. Buy the Aftershock CD it's a girl on guitar who plays live there most nights with a man on drums signing with her. Amazing!

All around a perfect holiday. Would I go again... not to Lanzarote as we are only young I want to travel to all different places. Would I go to another RIU hotel? YES! Especially once we have started a family as well. If the entertainment staff are that good at all the branches I definitely would!

Hope this long detailed review helps at least one person!!

6 Thank Hannah D
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here from the 13th of June for 2 weeks. At the beginning it seemed like there weren't that many young couples like us and the majority were older. But the second week we were there more younger people came. When we arrived we were 5 hours late because our flight was delayed. Reception staff were polite and very welcoming and got us checked in as quickly as possible. We got a nice room in the main building on the bottom floor that backed onto the pool. Because we had missed dinner, they re opened the restaurant and provided us with a cold dinner. Very thoughtful as we were hungry and had been travelling all day.

The room was nice and clean, fridge and safe included for free. We were really close to the restaurant and entertainment room so no long walks for us. But could be very noisy there if we wanted an early night (only had one early night haha).

The bar is excellent and there are loads of choice of drinks. Cocktails like mojitos, tequila sunrise, piña collada and many more were on offer. There was also any spirit you could think of. Soft drinks, beer and wine were on tap. The wine was not nice, but you don't expect to get nice expensive wine at an all inclusive. I just drank the cava instead which was not too bad.

The food was very good and there are 4 different restaurants to choose from so you never get bored, even after 2 weeks. Our favourite restaurant was the Asian, it was lovely!

The location of the hotel is good as it is in a quieter bit but a short walk to everything. The beaches were nice but would have been better if there were sunbeds and parasols.

The animation team were very friendly and were always enthusiastic. They try to remember names and make friends with everyone who stays at the hotel. The animation in the day was great because there was something for everyone. Me and my boyfriend played beach volley ball every day! The entertainment at night was pretty hit and miss. Some nights it would be really good and really funny. But then we would get a few which were awful. But that is the same with any hotel really.

Overall we had a great holiday and really enjoyed ourselves. We were really happy with the hotel and would definitely return there and will look for other riu hotels around the world to visit. A very good hotel company :)

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank Clarkey2810
north wales
Reviewed June 29, 2013

returned to the riu after a break of 3 years. Been there about 8 times over the last few years. We went there when it was just 1 hotel and then a year later they put a walk through to the Palace. So you have the best of both quiet or activity, We chose the quiet, I e.mailed them asked for the quiet side and that's what we got. I have been in many riu hotel hotels they are a company that do try to accommodate your needs . Now about the hotel the dining room is large and serving the 2 hotels, it gets very busy but you never have to wait for a table it is a very quick turn round. You can also book into the Asian and the Mexican. Entertainment team very good and work hard on our behalf, but remember its only hotel entertainment not the West end. The rooms are lovely and clean, the only thing lacking is you havn't tea and coffee making facilities in your room , its such a long walk back to carry a hot drink. But I hope to go back again Sept. Its a great hotel and lovely food and plenty of it you certainly won't go hungry breakfast, lunch and dinner. Plenty of wine, beer cocktails etc., Try it for yourselves.

Room Tip: ask for quiet side if you want peace
6 Thank mayNorthWales
manchester
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We returned last night from our holiday and overall we had a great time. I agree with most of the previous reviews on the hotel and would definitely advise people to request a room in the main hotel. When we arrived we were given a room over the bridge and we felt as though we had been put in a beautifully decorated but abandoned and deserted hotel. After a couple of days of traipsing there and back, because apart from the shop and the gym there are no hotel facilities to speak of, we asked if we could be moved to the main hotel. They did so at the first available time and we were then given a ground floor room with a balcony that got the sun nearly all day, overlooked the sea and we then felt like were part of the hotel. I would definitely advise that people request a room in the main part of the hotel, especially if they have any problems walking.
Other than that I would say we got what we paid for.
Food was good, if a little repetitive but we went to the themed restaurants a few times and avoided the hustle and bustle of the main restaurant. You can go these restaurants as often as you want for no charge, you just have to book with reception.
The pool area was ok, always kept clean and tidy but at times it was a bit like playing sardines, the sun beds are packed so tightly together- they really could do with spacing them out a little more and some grassy areas to relax on would have been nice. The gardens are kept neat and tidy and you can walk through the grounds to the annex hotel rather than go over the bridge.
Entertainment is plentiful during the day for anyone who wants to take part, including children and there is entertainment each evening either from the animation team or they bring acts in. Someone has commented that the animation team only mime but I thought they worked hard to put on so many shows and did do the dancing themselves!
We didn't go on any of the organised trips but took the local bus to Arrecife, Puerto del Carmen and Costa Teguise. Very reasonable and an easy way to see along the coast.
There is a massive expanse of beach across the road from the hotel but no sunbeds and sunshades due to some disagreement between the council and sunbed suppliers, and that's a shame because I'm sure more people would use the beach if there were facilities there.
All in all, and nothing is ever perfect, we had a most enjoyable holiday, the staff were very friendly and accommodating and we feel relaxed and well rested.

Room Tip: I can only suggest travellers request a room in the main hotel rather than the annex hotel.
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We spent our main 2 week holiday here after coming for a week in December. We were allocated a room in the apartment complex of the grounds. Initially we found it a considerable walk from the main hotel and I did consider going back to ask for another room. However, we decided that since we're young fit and healthy, the walk wouldn't be a problem, plus we had loads more extra living space for a two week stay, we decided to keep the room. I am pleased we did so, our stay was very comfortable with a large patio which was a suntrap and felt very private and quiet. Staying over the "other side" really isn't so bad! Those with walking difficulties however should try and stay in the main hotel block. Our room was cleaned every single day and cannot fault this. Being a ground floor room I was concerned about cockroaches but there wasn't a single bug in our room the whole two weeks. I did see the odd cockroach outside on the path when coming back late at night, but that was all.

Despite it being June, we never had a problem getting sun loungers after breakfast, by mid afternoon the pool area was very busy, but we didn't need to set our alarms to get towels on loungers - we strolled out at 10.30am and always got loungers. Similarly, the main restaurant, whilst busy, didn't present any problems in getting a table.

The food was the same as our last trip. Yes, after two weeks it did all become a bit samey, but I have no real complaints. Plenty of choice and all freshly cooked. I enjoyed every meal here and the asian restaurant was very nice indeed. I do wish they'd improve the wine though, it really isn't great.

We mainly booked this hotel for the range of activities and we really enjoyed everything on offer. It really caters for those who get bored sunbathing or if the weather isn't great. We had fun taking part in shooting, rifles, darts, french bowls and everything else. The animation team are absolutely fantastic, they get everyone involved regardless of age or ability and we had a lot of fun with them. They also do the main evening show and put a lot of work and rehearsal into it. Well done to Sasha, Pepi, Ivan, Mateo, Maria, Teddy and everyone else - thanks for a great holiday guys!

We hired a car for a few days from the Cabrera Medina next to the spar just a few mins walk from the hotel, it was good value for money and we did all the island's seeing points for the same price the tour operator was charging 2 people for one excursion. Don't buy the tour operators excursions - do it yourself!

This was our second visit here and it certainly won't be our last - it's fantastic value for money. When can we go back?

2 Thank fiona2326
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have just returned from this hotel and can honestly say we could not fault anything about this place! This was our second time to this hotel, having been in November 2011 and it was as good as before, maybe even better. The first time we stayed we had a room in the side that has the reception and this time we were over the bridge, and if I were able to choose I would have preferred to have been on the reception side but that was mainly because my husband hurt his foot and the long walk over was a bit challenging. I've seen some people complaining about the food and to be honest I don't see the problem, and I'm a fussy eater! I always found something that was very tasty. My only tiny complaint would be that at lunch time it would have been nice to have on offer some cold meats like there was at breakfast time. I realise the German guests like salads with meat at breakfast but the British like salads with meats at lunchtime, that was my only complaint but there was plenty of other choices and I never went hungry. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and don't seem to discriminate between nationalities (like some hotels we've been to). The hotel was spotlessly clean despite the constant problem of high winds blowing dirt and sand everywhere. The location is good with plenty within walking distance. All in all we will have no hesitation on returning to this hotel again.

2 Thank Carolyn3a
#11 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Occidental Lanzarote Playa
Occidental Lanzarote Playa
#7 of 38 in Costa Teguise

Been to ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort? Share your experiences!