Super hotel, spotlessly clean, room was cleaned daily and new towels provided daily. Plenty of sun loungers available around the swim up to bar pool throughout our stay, with clean pool side towels supplied daily at no extra cost. Second half of our stay was school half term, so an influx of kids surrounded the swim up to bar which wound have worked better as an adults only area in my opinion, otherwise many an hours was spent drinking cocktails in the pool. The cocktail menu was a little limited if anything, but the food choices and option to dine in the Asian, Mexican & Canarian was super. (TIP: Book these additional restaurants at reception as earlier in your stay to avoid disappointment).
Shame the beach across the way was unused and deserted due to no sunbeds (mayor didn't pay his taxes) because advertised as 50m to nearest beach was a plus when we booked, nonetheless couldn't fault the hotel itself and its staff were always in plenty / go out your way to help. The entertainment was what you would typically expect for a multi-lingual resort, with lots of miming, with late night karaoke. We didn't visit the on-site night club however was advised to be aware of the spirit measures if you didn't want to lose the following day! We also didn’t use the WIFI which was available in reception area because it worked out to be rather expensive.
Overall well worth the 4 star rating, though like any all-inclusive towards the end of the week the buffet style eating was becoming a little repetitive. Minor Warning: although it advertises tea/coffee facilities in the rooms, this is not the case. You can rent a kettle at 8euro a week with 10euro deposit, however this is simply the kettle only. Otherwise we faced no other extra costs.
Location wise, this could be a lot better, as it was a good half hours down the front strip to the best restaurants/bars/shops. 5 Euro in a taxi nevertheless took you straight to old town & the harbour.
TIPS: E-mail the hotel in advance to ask for extra pillars and mattress to be available in your room upon arrival (the e-mail address can be found on rui.com website). We took that tip from a previous trip advisor review and these extras added great value and aided much good night’s sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen