This was our fourth visit to a Riu hotel and as usual standards were high, staff friendly and helpful and the animation team hardworking. Our room on the third floor of the main hotel was a bit small for 3 of us, but comfortable and always clean and for a change there was lots of space for all our clothes.
In general the food was good - always fresh, hot and plentiful but it did lack variety and it was pretty much the same lunchtime and evening and from night to night. Although the restaurant was always very busy you never had trouble finding a table. There are two other restaurants (booking required) - Asian (Chinese) and TexMex/Canarian - we tried both and were very good. Self service drinks were plentiful and bar service was good if you wanted a cocktail or a long drink.
We saw a couple of the evening shows which if you are not expecting too much you wont be disappointed. The animation team put on one called the Crazy Show which I must admit was hilarious.
There isn't much in Los Pocillos but Puerto del Carmen is only about 10 minutes walk away and worth a wander along the long stretch of shops.
Would definitely recommend getting a car and exploring as Lanzarote is a small island and very easy to get around. Timanfaya National Park, to see the volcanos, is definitely worth a visit but get there early as the queues build up quickly. If you like shopping try the Sunday market at Teguise which has endless stalls in its many winding streets. Also worth a visit is Rancho Texas which is a small Wild West style theme park. The parrot, sea lion and birds of prey shows are very good and there is a new splash park for the kids with a proper swimming pool and sunbeds. This is only a short distance from the hotel (about 15 mins walk) or a few Euros in a taxi.
Weather was very good - a bit cloudy a few days and chilly in the evenings but generally pleasantly warm during the day - around 25 degrees. The pool was freezing though - my daughter who is 9 usually spends all day in the pool but it was even too cold for her and she only went in once. There are loads of sunbeds and there was always plenty left even half way through the day - each side of the hotel has a pool and the annexe pool has a swim up bar.
Overall it was a good holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 30 m from Playa de los Pocillos beach * Two 2-story main buildings and 1 or 2-story annexes * 2 km from Puerto del Carmen * 400 m from various shops * 8 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen