My husband and I stayed at this hotel in April this year. We booked it at the last minute and were given a choice of this hotel and one in Egypt. Having stayed at the Riu Ochos Rios in Jamaica we chose this hotel as we felt we had an idea of what the hotel would be like.
When we arrived we got checked in very quickly and were directed to our room which was not very far away. The room was a decent size and very clean and we had been in there about 20 minutes when we received a call from reception to check that everything was OK. We requested another pillow each and these were bought to our room within the hour.
The hotel had 2 pools, 1 quieter than the other, but both very clean and with plenty of sunbeds and the bars weren't very far away so you could get a drink very easily. Food was also served for most of the day either in the restaurants or the snackbars. As well as the buffet restaurant there was a Canarian Restaurant, an Asian Restaurant and a Mexican Restaurant. You had to book to go these restaurant but they were all extremely nice and I would recommend trying them.
The location of the hotel was extremely good as it is over the road from the beach and about a 15 minutes walk to the shopping areas.
All in all we had a nice relaxing week and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. There was plenty of entertainment throughout the day and evening if you wanted to join in and if you didn't you were left alone.
The only downside was that it was extremely windy which got quite chilly on an evening so we ended up taking drinks up to the room instead of sitting in the bar but unfortuantely nobody can control the weather.
I would recommend this hotel for couples, families or friends and I would definately consider going back if I just wanted a nice relaxing week in the sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort open all year round, is situated on the Playa de los Pocillos. The famous Timanfaya Nature Reserve, with its colorful crater scenery, is located nearby. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Puerto Carmen (2km) and Lanzarote Airport (ACE) is approx. 8 km away. The hotel has 598 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. Relax with a massage at our Wellness center or get in shape at our gym. 4 outdoor pools, 1 children’s and baby pool. For the youngest guests, there is the RiuLand Kids Club (for children from 4 to 7 years & 8 to 12 years old), RiuArt atelier and for adults, day and evening entertainment and discotheque. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet as well as Asian and Mexican or Canarian cuisine, 4 bars situated in various areas of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clubhotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Hotel
- Riu Paraiso Lanzarote
- ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort Puerto Del Carmen