“Excellent Hotel”

ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote Resort
Ranked #18 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in April this year. We booked it at the last minute and were given a choice of this hotel and one in Egypt. Having stayed at the Riu Ochos Rios in Jamaica we chose this hotel as we felt we had an idea of what the hotel would be like.

When we arrived we got checked in very quickly and were directed to our room which was not very far away. The room was a decent size and very clean and we had been in there about 20 minutes when we received a call from reception to check that everything was OK. We requested another pillow each and these were bought to our room within the hour.

The hotel had 2 pools, 1 quieter than the other, but both very clean and with plenty of sunbeds and the bars weren't very far away so you could get a drink very easily. Food was also served for most of the day either in the restaurants or the snackbars. As well as the buffet restaurant there was a Canarian Restaurant, an Asian Restaurant and a Mexican Restaurant. You had to book to go these restaurant but they were all extremely nice and I would recommend trying them.

The location of the hotel was extremely good as it is over the road from the beach and about a 15 minutes walk to the shopping areas.

All in all we had a nice relaxing week and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. There was plenty of entertainment throughout the day and evening if you wanted to join in and if you didn't you were left alone.

The only downside was that it was extremely windy which got quite chilly on an evening so we ended up taking drinks up to the room instead of sitting in the bar but unfortuantely nobody can control the weather.

I would recommend this hotel for couples, families or friends and I would definately consider going back if I just wanted a nice relaxing week in the sun.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank twodotYork
Write a ReviewReviews (3,820)

Reviewed May 5, 2012

We have just returned from Riu Paraiso Lanzorte and this is our second time to this hotel and i can honestly say it was just as good as the first time if not better, we emailed the hotel a week before we left asking if it would be possible to have the same room as we had in September of last year and when we arrived they told us our request had been granted, we had a fab room with seaview/ pool view, we was in the main building and had room 341 it was brilliant. The food in the hotel was lovely and plenty of choice and not once did my husband and i ad upset stomachs. We went to the Canarian restuarant once and the food was amazing. We loved the self service of the drinks round the bar area of the hotel you could get wine, beer, soft drinks coffee and tea any time of day without having to Queue. the pools were spotless a bit chilly but once you was in it was lovely, i loved the little towel man i think his name was Sergio but he was wonderful always greeted you with a flower when you went to change your towel. The animation team worked very hard and put some really good shows on, i loved the cocktail games during the day, if you go you must join in as they are so funny. the staff work very hard and are very pleasant always smiling, all in all we had a fantastic holiday and have booked up again for December.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank alfie024
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This was our first trip to Lanzarote and we used Trip Advisor to choose the hotel before we booked. Our holiday was with friends to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday. On arrival the reception area was very busy but the staff were helpful and friendly, we were pointed towards the bar downstairs to have a drink and something to eat whilst they finished booking us in. The reception staff gave us full details of the hotel and facilities together with a map so we could find our way around easily. Our room was in the main building and our friends in the second building. Some of the reviews we had previously read complained about the time it took to walk from one to the other. We timed this and even on the long walk it only took about four minutes, at a leisurely stroll! We had only been in our room for about 15 minutes when we were called by the reception staff to check that everything was to our satisfaction. On my wife's birthday we received a bottle of champagne in our room with the compliments of the management who also called to wish my wife "happy birthday". We had booked the Mexican Restaurant for the evening and again a bottle of champagne was waiting at our table. Both the Mexican and the Asian restaurants were of high quality and well worth a visit. The buffet restaurant food is very good but you do need to look around the room first to see what is available as there is an extensive choice. Overall we found the facilities to be very good, the pools were clean and at each of the sites one of the pools were heated. We found that the pool at the far side of the hotel was quieter and this had a swim up bar which was well used! The unheated pools were a lot cooler but on the days when the temperature was high they were fine to use. The only slight criticism would be that the main evening entertainment was not of a high quality. Both the inside and outside of the hotel was kept immaculate. We felt that we were looked after extremely well and this helped us to have a very enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank Rickm441
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here from the 22nd-29th April 2012

Very impressed with the staff and management who were friendly and took time for everyone, especially the children. They put champange and chocolates in the room for my partners birthday without us mentioning this, the maid must of seen the birthday cards. She also got a phone call off the manager to wish her a happy birthday.

As mentioned before the main buffet restaurant is very busy, so you cant have a relaxing dining experience but you can take breakfast in mexican restaurant which is less busy and the asian restaurant is a must for dinner but you do need to book early as we went to book on the tuesday and couldn't get in for the early sitting untill the friday. The food was good but poorly labelled up so a vegetarian in are party was unsure if some dishes were suitable, which did limit her.

The weather was hit and miss and pools in the hotel were freezing cold unless the sun was out long enough to warm them. It has put me off going to Lanzarote at this time of year again but we would would return to this hotel in the summer months in the future- even with the busy restaurant.
All in all i would say its a great hotel for families in a good location.

Room Tip: we were in room 6 which was a family room, it was central between both parts of the hotel so ideal.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank scfc1Stockport
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I went there with my toddler and family and we had a nice holiday. It was a bit windy so the pools in the hotel were freezing cold - even the warmest pool was NOT so warm. My little one was really excited to go into the pool and the show was major even in the toddlers pool. the reason is thatthe pool is at the back of the hotel facing the see side. so extra wind on top. There was a kids club which was rally nicely equipped and even if it was from 4 years old, there were more than welcoming with my daughter - I noticed most entretainers spoke in german to the kids - which was a bit confusing, since we were in Spain? The food was OK. As always in all inclusive restaurants first days are better than the last ones. There was a huge variety but the food was not the best quality. specially the burguers and sausages for hot dogs. and there were heavily processed croissants for breakfast and sickly sweet yoghurts. There was a day the manager was opening bottles of champagne as it was father's day in Spain at breakfast and handing them out. that was a nice detail. the other restaurants were pretty much the same food as the normal buffet but more specific to the themes. mexican, canarian and asian. the asian was the best one. The rooms were very basic, altough they had all we needed. and they sent someone to fix the fridge when it wasnt coool enough. The appareance of the rooms is not the best one in terms of the furniture and cracked walls here and then. The hotel is huge. so big, you can get lost walking around it. ajd the restaurant felt too smal for soch a huge amount of people. it felt like peope were fighting for the food and spaces to sit. that was madness. the best of the hotel was the staff that work there. they were all very attentive, very kind and helpful. Really great staff. That's the part I enjoyed the most in my stay.
Finally I would like to add that the hotel does not have internet acces in the rooms and I bought a code for my ipad which I had to use in the reeption next to the computers provided by the hotel! whats the purpose of that? luckily I got my money back when I explained I needed internet in my room rather than the reception. I think these days internet connections or at least access from rooms are a must to be offered by major chains like the rue.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LauskiLondon
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This was our fourth trip to the ClubHotel Riu Paraiso Lanzarote and as usual it was fantastic. Excellent food with a good choice in the main restaurant plus the two smaller Chinese and Canarian restaurants (book these when you arrive as they fill up very quickly).

We always stay in a family room which was extremley clean and set in lovely surroundings. Although this hotel is big don't let that put you off because it retains a small hotel atmosphere. Kids are well looked after with mini, maxi and teen club and the hotel has excellent facilities for them. Older ones can explore the hotel without parents worrying about where they are.

The public areas are very clean and service at the bar is excellent. Unlike many all inclusive hotels the bar serves through to 12 midnight.

The hotel isn't in the centre of nightlife so if you're looking for this its a short walk or taxi ride away.

We will shortly be booking to return next year and it's our favourite place for a family holiday.

Room Tip: Family rooms in the 'garden' area are fabulous but all rooms are well appointed and there ar...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Daisy333
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for a week (15th-22nd april). we were given a room which I thought was a standard room although we had paid to be upgraded, the room was dark and the balcony got very little sunshine-we asked for a move which we didn't get for 2 days. The food was quite good but it felt like Butlins in the sun due to the hundreds of people in the dining room all at the same time-it put me off eating. If you dont like lying round the pool like a lot of sardines then you will hate this hotel-towels on the loungers before 8.00 in the morning taking all the good spots-nightmare.
This hotel also has alot of stray cats roaming about -some looked in good condition and some looked poorly. On several occasions I fed a few of the thin looking ones (with food from the supermarket) and the next day a small notice was posted in the ground claiming 'Please do not feed the cats as they are fed dried foods to stop disease' when I confronted one of the reception staff they said they didn't feed the cats. I will not be returning to this hotel for that reason and will recommd this hotel to any of my friends.

Room Tip: I dont think any of the room are quiet as it is such a hugh hotel. Ask for a large balcony on the s...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends