“this appartment does not deserve 3 stars, 2 stars or less!”

Relaxia Lanzaplaya Apartments
Ranked #49 of 92 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Rotterdam, Nederland
“this appartment does not deserve 3 stars, 2 stars or less!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We arrived here on Saturday morning 10 August 2013 at around 10.15 am. We had b/b paid for but were not allowed to have breakfast the first morning I was told,,I said we are flying home on 17 August at 09.30 so we will miss breakfast 2 days then. I was told I could order a packed lunch for the last morning. Anyway we could not have breakfast. Scandalous. We checked in and discovered we were shoved into two appartments right down beside the back of the restaurant and above the laundry room. It was about 35 degrees 11.30 am. I ignored the feeling in the pit of my stomach, my first impression because we were tired and the airconditioner was on in the reception area. The man at reception was very polite. think his name was Martin. We looked around and unpacked. The pool area was very small and I could see myself that the water was not very clean. We went off the discover the boulevard and beach area. Fantastic.
First night we were baked. There was no airconditioning, not only that there was not even a parasol to protect yourself from the sun if you sat out in front of the appartment. We had cockroaches in the bathrooms of both appartments (they crept out of the ceiling above the light fitting). I have a photo to prove it. We complained to the reception and the manager and receptionist came by to exterminate them. We were told to keep everything shut all the time. My husband said they are coming out of the ceiling we saw it, they are not crawling or flying in from outside, but they ignored us. My husband and daughter were both feeling ill from the heat and these people were telling us to keep everything shut!
Sunday morning we spoke to the rep. from Neckermann, a very nice girl and she said we could move but only from Monday because the offices were closed on Sunday. Another night in the heat and cockroches. Plus the pool area was like grand central station. We could'nt get a bed on Saturday because we arrived to pool at 11 am. There were not enough beds for all the people. At least one third of the beds were broken and should have been replaced 5 years ago.It was disgraceful.We were with my husband, myself, our daughter and her boyfriend. God help the people with kids there was no entertainment whatsoever. It was not 3 star level.
The appartment was clean and tidy and the towels and beds were cleaned thats a fact.
The breakfast was not up to standard either. The sausages were rotten and my daughter was very sick on Monday after the breakfast. She sat in the reception area until we made the agreement with Neckermann about where we would move to. We had decided where we wanted to go and Neckermann really squeezed us for CASH. We were not allowed to pay via the bank account it had to be CASH. Scandalous carry on. They knew we were desperate to move. They charged us what they said was the daily price for hotel rooms, even though on the site it was much cheaper. Disgusting.
All in all our holiday only started on Monday afternoon at 17.00 hrs when we checked in to the new hotel. If anyone wants to see the picture of the cockroach crawling around the light in the bathroom. Mail me.

1 Thank Patricia K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We were a family of 3 travelling 20 July for 11 nights. We chose this hotel for the kids club and entertainment advertised on "On The Beach". After reading a review on here that there was no kids club I emailed the hotel. Unfortunately, the email went to the sister hotel (I put the name of the Lanzaplaya in the heading) and they replied that there was a kids club and entertainment (which was at the sister club) and misread my email as meaning the sister hotel. There was no kids club or entertainment. I would not have booked this holiday if I knew that this kids club did not exist as we have a very demanding child with problems. They have a play room which they call mini kids club! The room was crawling with ants. After complaining 5 times we were told we would be moved but that was 2 days before departing and didn't bother with the upheavel. The bar did not open until around 11:20 each day (we were all inclusive) and unfortunately because the barman had to stock up during the day he often disappeared for 15 mins at a time too! No acceptable if you have paid for an all inclusive holiday! The only bar for the all inclusive if the pool bar. Food OK, not great. I do not think that this hotel is geared up for all inclusive at all. Very disappointing holiday and would most definately not come back !!! I went to the restaurant bar on our first day to get a drink for by the pool as the barman had gone on the missing list and the bar manager was very rude and aggressive to me and left me feeling very embarrassed, although the rest of the restaurant and bar staff were really nice. The lifegard works really had, cleaning, finding beds and umberalls and deserves a medal, although he could not talk any English he could understand us. The only lock on the balcony door is a twist lock which any child could open so our 7 year old had to sleep on a mattress on the floor in the bedroom with us. This was our first holiday in 4 years and we shall be more choosy in future. We are awaiting replies to our complaint, although Jumbo did reply to our tour operator and told them that the bar was always open 11:00 to 11:00 (not true) and that we did not put Lanzaplaya anywhere in the email (which we did).

1 Thank Susan W

Travelers are raving about these Puerto Del Carmen hotels

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed August 11, 2013

For the price we paid really I thought this place was great. Its not luxury but does the basics well, it's clean, service is fine and most of all the location couldn't be better. It is pretty near the main pub/disco scene so I would imagine the apartments close to the road might experience some noise but not in our experience. Planning another trip to Puerto in Oct and will likely go back here which I think says it all!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mcg1979
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

where to start... we are a young couple who stayed here for two weeks in june we were brushed off and treated like children by reception staff, we could not get sun beds in the mornings as even though stated reservation of sunbeds was not allowed people still did it, the one time we did get beds we were asked to move and my towel was stolen when i returned from lunch, there was ants crawling on us in our beds and when i stripped the beds and put the sheets outside and complained that night we found our dirty bed sheets put back on our beds, cockroaches in the shower and once we killed the ants ourselves nobody brushed them up they were on our floor for 4 days, u had to pay 10€ for the tv remote which had desperate channels on the tv anyways, im not a negative person and we made sure the accomodation didnt ruin our holiday we love lanzarote and are going back in september but definately not to this place

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank aine2014
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

just back from these fantastic apartments. very clean and tidy. maid in cleaning every day except one. centrally located literally 2 minute walk to beach and main restaurants and pubs. very few English people there mainly german, Danish and irish but not a problem. we went all inclusive but if we were going again would definitely go self catering as everything is so cheap. We were in 4012 which was up a flight of stairs with landings every so often so not suitable for kids or elderly but ok for us, our apartment looked down on to the pools and had no problems getting sunbeds at any time of the day. plenty of umbrellas and the lifeguard was good at finding brolly if needed. poolside bar was supposed to open at 11 but nearer 12 by the time he got everything set up but again lifeguard was good at stepping in and serving folk if no bar staff there. food was ok not fantastic fish dishes always there but i'm not a fish person. went out to Chinese restaurant called ENJOY which was fantastic:) downstairs lobby bar wasn't opened at all while we were there but the poolside bar was open til 11 at night. lifeguard was out cleaning round the pool area every day and picking up any rubbish and glasses. bar/waiting staff were all very pleasant and helpful as were the reception staff and maintenance guys. we arrived and keycard wouldn't open the door and guy was up straight away changing batteries, then safe card wouldn't work so he was back again all smiles after that got a smile everytime he went past us at the pool and he would put his thumbs up or down lol. overall excellent apartment and definitely would go back:))

1 Thank hoody_13
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in June and loved it. It was my 5th time in lanzarote and by far the nicest apartments I've stayed in. Can't beat the location. A stone throw away from everything. Bar staff are very slow and haven't got a word of English so it's very hard to ask for anything even a glass of ice. That wouldn't put me off though. Enjoyed every minute of my holiday at these apartments..

• Stayed June 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very pleasant aparthotel, services and restaurants match expectations and price range. At the reception the young, communicative and friendly man.
Very good location, close to the sea, traveling to Lanzarote both bus and car.
And I recommend a trip to La Graciosa - the smallest inhabited the Canary Islands.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family