“Fantastic Tapas”
Review of Woodleys Bar

Woodleys Bar
Cuisines: Caribbean, Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family friendly cafe/bar. Homemade food, snacks and Tapas. Very competitive prices, only top quality produce used. All live sport shown. Free WiFi.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

First the good bits,

This Restaurant is by far the best one we have ever eaten in on the Island, (and we have Been coming to Lanzarote for over 20 yrs now), we only happened upon it by accident, we had walked in to Puerto Del Carmen from Matagorda and were ready for a bite to eat and Woodley's was one of the first restaurants we came to on what they call "the strip" The guy outside was a bit pushy and that nearly put us off, (we later found out he was the owner!) But in the end we were glad we stayed. The Tapas menu is fantastic, (nearly 40 different dishes) we only had about 12 between us and was amazed at the flavours, (hats off to the chef) we were also talked into having the mixed meat platter, (I would like to say thank you to Holly who was our waitress for the evening and had she not been so polite and friendly we probably wouldn't have stayed), but I digress, the platter was excellent value for money, (I think it was 36 euros for two people and worth every penny), every cut of meat you could possibly want, and plenty enough for two, the only comment I would make about it was while I love my meat, my wife is not as keen so we thought a mixed meat and fish would have been ideal, but again I digress! The food aside we arrived early evening and the sun was just going down, the views from this place are amazing, it was so clear we had fantastic views of Fuerteventura and could have stayed there all evening.
While not a huge place Woodley's is just how you would expect a Proper Spanish Tapas Bar would be, (no TV blaring out sports, and the radio on just enough to provide background music.

Ok that's the good bits, now for the one bad bit......While we found the waitresses to be very efficient, polite and very happy to make sure everything was ok with your food/drinks, the young lady that was there, (Louisa, I think) tended to use the F word rather too much, and while we aren't prudes, we do not expect to hear that sort of thing in a restaurant.

That aside it was a fantastic evening and my wife and I would thoroughly recommend this place to anyone,

Thanks again to Holly for making our evening so enjoyable

1  Thank SouthernSkys

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Went to this place on our last night dinner, as just fancied tapas after a week of over indulging. I must say not up there as a tapas expert but the food here was delicious. Sizzling prawns.
mushrooms. Veggie kebabs. Meat stew.Didn't want a dessert. But they did me a fabulous small cheese board with local cheeses. Next time we go i think a light lunch would be great , as its upstairs with sea views. See you in April .

1  Thank Raymondo69
Reviewed November 22, 2013

just returned from a week at Puerto del Carmen ,We ate somewhere different every night and we never had a disappointing meal anywhere and in our experience Woodleys rated quite high on our list,we had six tapas dishes between us and we found that was plenty I had no room for a pudding so had to make do with a cocktail instead .The waitress was very pleasant and the atmosphere good I can recommend this place and we will be back.

1  Thank june a
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Saw this restaurant sitting above the shops on the main drag in Puerto Del Carmen and decided to give it a try. I must say that from the street it looked better than when you arrived at the tables on the "terrace" :-( Staff were friendly, so put initial thoughts to one side & enjoyed the view (out to sea) whilst we enjoyed our drinks & waited for our tapas. It was a mixed result, with dishes being average at best :-( Won't be going back, and cannot recommend.

1  Thank Sean A
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Currently on holiday for two weeks and have tried several restaurants but Woodleys stands out by a mile. Myself, husband and 14 year old son and we all really enjoy it. Staff so friendly. Food fantastic and great value. Their secret recipe Sangria is a real hit! This is a MUST TRY restaurant, all the best to all staff at Woodleys, from The Bailie family