“Great place on the walkway.”
Review of Ocean Lanzarote

Ocean Lanzarote
Cuisines: European
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Went to this place on four occasions not bad service but not over the top the food not bad good prices. But just need to smile a bit more maybe they where having bad day but did not let this put me off will recommend.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is a lovely cosy little place near the harbour. We had lunch there, I opted for the swordfish and my husband had the sole. His meal was fine but my swordfish didn't look like swordfish at all and appeared to be slices of fish, tasted ok though. When we were leaving someone on an adjacent table had swordfish which looked like you would expect it to so I think perhaps there was some communication problem. Nice place though with very clean toilets and we did return for drinks one evening. They also bring peanuts in a little sealed pot which was great as we never touch the ones brought normally as you are never quite sure who has touched them before you.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We've visited here a number of times over the last two years and have always found it a lovely little bolt hole. The owner does not speak very good English and seems rather shy, so this could come across as unwelcoming, but he does try his best and generally you are made to feel welcome.

Food is good value, especially against the neighbouring restaurants.

Recommended when you're in the 'Old Town'.

1  Thank FamilyTraveller1970
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I stopped here for lunch one day during our recent holiday.

The snack menu looked tempting, the prices seemed reasonable and there was a great view of the ocean. There were some other tables occupied so we said we would try it. I wish we hadn't!

The waitress came and took our order, we ordered drinks, pizza and baguettes for the four of us. The waitress was not particularly friendly, I got the impression we were not welcome.

From our outside table I could see into the kitchen area where they were preparing the food. I observed the waitress taking the pizza and baguettes from a freezer and putting them in the oven. I was expecting these to be prepared fresh, I think they were from the local supermarket. There was also a "chef" in the kitchen busy preparing food.

The chef brought out three plates of food to a table nearby where a lady was sitting. The chef and the waitress then sat with the lady and proceeded to have their own lunch. There was no other staff, so I was a little concerned for our pizza and baguettes in the oven. I could understand now why we were not welcome, we were interrupting their lunch!

The chef who was smoking at the table near us then got up and went into the kitchen with his cigarette to get our food from the oven. I had seen enough, I followed him into the kitchen area and confronted him regarding his smoking in the kitchen where he was preparing food for customers.

I refused to accept the food, paid for the drinks and left.

I would not recommend this establishment, rude staff with poor hygiene and kitchen practices. They should be closed down!!!

3  Thank Peter D
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Love this place, have been several times. My favorite is the mussels, that are huge and so yummy! The menu is amazing, all fresh and cooked so well, although may be pricey for some. The atmosphere is lovely, day or night as you get a real feel for the sea and the harbour is so close. Defo recommend!,