“A lovely spot!”
Review of Ocean Lanzarote

Ocean Lanzarote
Cuisines: European
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We've visited here a number of times over the last two years and have always found it a lovely little bolt hole. The owner does not speak very good English and seems rather shy, so this could come across as unwelcoming, but he does try his best and generally you are made to feel welcome.

Food is good value, especially against the neighbouring restaurants.

Recommended when you're in the 'Old Town'.

1  Thank FamilyTraveller1970
There are newer reviews for Ocean Lanzarote

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I stopped here for lunch one day during our recent holiday.

The snack menu looked tempting, the prices seemed reasonable and there was a great view of the ocean. There were some other tables occupied so we said we would try it. I wish we hadn't!

The waitress came and took our order, we ordered drinks, pizza and baguettes for the four of us. The waitress was not particularly friendly, I got the impression we were not welcome.

From our outside table I could see into the kitchen area where they were preparing the food. I observed the waitress taking the pizza and baguettes from a freezer and putting them in the oven. I was expecting these to be prepared fresh, I think they were from the local supermarket. There was also a "chef" in the kitchen busy preparing food.

The chef brought out three plates of food to a table nearby where a lady was sitting. The chef and the waitress then sat with the lady and proceeded to have their own lunch. There was no other staff, so I was a little concerned for our pizza and baguettes in the oven. I could understand now why we were not welcome, we were interrupting their lunch!

The chef who was smoking at the table near us then got up and went into the kitchen with his cigarette to get our food from the oven. I had seen enough, I followed him into the kitchen area and confronted him regarding his smoking in the kitchen where he was preparing food for customers.

I refused to accept the food, paid for the drinks and left.

I would not recommend this establishment, rude staff with poor hygiene and kitchen practices. They should be closed down!!!

3  Thank Peter D
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Love this place, have been several times. My favorite is the mussels, that are huge and so yummy! The menu is amazing, all fresh and cooked so well, although may be pricey for some. The atmosphere is lovely, day or night as you get a real feel for the sea and the harbour is so close. Defo recommend!,

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Love this place! Great mojito's! Antonio, the owner, is a lovely man and speaks little english but trys his best bless him! Ideal spot to relax and enjoy the views.

1  Thank ozzie2011
Reviewed April 22, 2013

visited here our first day one of the best and cheapest mojitos around,, so good we came back for food a couple of nights later, people are very warm and welcoming, food and service excellent, they have binoculars on tables so you can look straight over to fuertaventura. brilliant i cant understand the positioning of the rating for this place on the small cliff up from the harbour,, it should be much higher,,, give it a go..

2  Thank m1monroe1