“Safe, secure, peaceful, very friendly, immaculate pool but rooms could be upgraded...”

San Francisco Park Holiday Apartments
Ranked #49 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Travelling on my own as our to Lanza to visit friends who live in Tias.
As a single woman, I felt very safe & really liked the fact that all the other guests were naturally friendly & chatty especially the Irish! Hysterical!
I have seen the comments about the rooms & I can understand. The rooms are quite basic however all about expectations. Bed was comfortable (I am not the best sleeper) & even though very close to main route, no noise at all!
All in all, I'd recommend if you're looking for cheap, basic, central, warm & quiet accommodation, you can't go wrong! Oh for the record, I was in room 250!

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Jacqueline H

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Well the San Francisco in a nice quite place very near the seafront ,Its kept very clean and noise free,but the rooms are very small not for me and i was solo ,That was the only draw back,as the staff are nice,and it is safe,hope that helps ,,,,,,,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank EoghanGlynn
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just come back from a great week away at the San Francisco Park. It's a lovely little complex a couple of minutes walk to the casino and all the amenities the strip has to offer. Grounds and pool are kept clean and it's nice and quiet (adults only). Warm welcome at reception.
So why only a 3 (average) rating? Well it seems that the studios and apartments are privately owned (there are half a dozen available for sale) and are let out as required by the management team, so they will vary in level of refurbishment and fittings and you can see this glimpsing through open doors. It can therefore be a bit pot luck as to what you get. We stayed in a 1 bed apartment on the 1st floor, number 255. The maids regularly sweep/mop the floors and clean work surfaces as required but that's about it and it's not enough. It desperately needs a spring clean. White glossed woodwork was grimy and really needed a fresh coat of paint, grout in bathroom needed bleaching, underside of basin not clean. Blue bath but white basin and toilet. Bathroom smells of drains. Looks like there is no waste trap on the sink which could be the cause. Maybe the bath is the same. The sofa bed and easy chair were very grubby and you didn't feel like sitting in them. They could easily have washed the cushion covers, which would have been a big improvement. Coffee table and sideboard covered in mug rings. On the plus side the beds were nice and comfy and we slept well. We generally go basic and don't have high expectations, but there's just too much wrong with this one. My wife viewed a 1 bed apartment at the nearby La Penita which rents out for a similar price and it was in a different league and that's where she will go when she returns with a friend in June. From the other reviews I'm sure other studios and apartments on the complex are much better, but if so this one is living off their reputation. I'd only give 255 a rating of 2 but the complex is great so overall a 3.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank tintin100
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have just returned from a four day break to San Francisco Park, and I have to say the reception staff were polite and informative. The cleanliness was excellent both inside the apartment and the outside areas. You couldn't pick a better location for restaurants, bars, shops and the beach, all of which are a few minutes walk from the apartment. For those who want peace and tranquillity, this is the place, with the added bonus of no children.

The complex has about 40 apartments, so its not too big. Restaurant almost on the doorstep and a supermarket next door but one.

Would definitely recommend these apartments.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Jayne W
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I spent a brilliant week relaxing with my mum here. The studio appt is small, and perhaps in need of a wee update, but it was spotlessly clean (as was the outside areas) and had all the basic amenities one requires. Mum and I were particularly impressed by the friendly welcome and information given my Manon, who recommended a few trips and a few smashing places to eat. Two I would pass on are La Terraza Playa and La Brasa, just a few steps from the complex. The other thing we were impressed by was the night watchman. I'm terrible at sleeping in a strange place, but here I slept like a log with the patio doors open, because I knew he was just a few steps away. It was honestly the most safe I've ever felt on holiday.
I would recommend asking for a first floor appt overlooking reception. For what we paid it was a bargain and we both hope to return. I left a little bit of my heart in Lanzarote. I have also recommended the place to two of my friends, who are looking for a relaxing week.
One thing though do not book if you want a riotous, party 24-7 time or cocktails on demand. It is a wee haven in a bustling resort. Seek your entertainment elsewhere. PS The Mucky Duck is the local. Great folks there and we were impressed with the breakfasts and the Sunday roast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank loislane1207
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My partner and I went here in September and we had a great stay. We booked this pretty last minute so was unsure of what we would find, but have to say we loved it! We liked the fact that it was a no children zone too! We didn't realise this until we woke the first morning and thought it must be the crack of dawn because there was no noise. We then found out it was 11am and it was so quiet because there are no children at the apartments! This meant the pool was relaxing and quiet, but not so quiet that the place is dead.
The place is tidy and clean, and the area of Puerto Del Carmen is great too with plenty of restaurants, shops and bars.
If you're looking for a nice place to stay for a week in the sun at a good price then its definaltely a place to go. Somewhere I would definately go back to if I wanted a cheap but nice getaway.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank angela s
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Following our week's stay in late January 13 I would like to give a very positive report on this very well located and managed holiday apartments.We booked direct and from the outset everything was very professional and personal. Tasmin the facility manager could not have been more helpful and engaging and made our stay most enjoyable.We certainly will be going back to these apartments in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple