“A perfect choice!”

Nautilus Lanzarote
Ranked #5 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I would recommend Nautilus Bungalows, unreservedly!

We have just spent a week here and are very impressed. The bungalows are clean, bright, modern and have all the facilities you would want (microwave, fridge, oven, iron, ironing board, every utensil you could imagine). There is also a well stocked supermarket on site.

The complex itself is beautiful with lots of sculptures and pieces of modern art. The swimming pool and surrounding area is very attractive and yet didn't seem to get many 'visitors'.

The staff we met were all lovely, pleasant and helpful (especially Barbara)

There are lots of bars, restaurants and shops within a few minutes walk and the ones we tried were all excellent.

The minor negatives are - the towels are tired and shabby and need replacing, the hair dryer wasn't great, wi-fi was flaky especially in the bungalow, we bought a couple of mugs as the cups are really small (and we like our mugs of coffee/ tea!). TV only had sky news and BBC news but once again not a major issue. We also thought there might be a lounge/bar on site where we could go in the evenings and maybe meet other guests. I suspect this has been a conscious decision and wasn't a big problem but would have been nice.

So all in all excellent. We aren't disabled in any way but could see how perfect the place was for people who are. A lot of thought has obviously gone into that.

I'm sure we will come back to Nautilus again soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Robo37
LedaGiordanoNautilus, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear guests,
Thank you so much for your kind words about Nautilus Lanzarote.
We have been working on getting the TV Channels rearranged and now we have 5 more channels (Sky news, for example), and we hope that the next time you will find this matter satisfactory. As per WiFi connection, it is available all over the complex but coverage is to be shared with the other customers, and it is a problem of the Island and of the bad service that we all receive. We contract other company to work on this matter and we are hoping to solve this problem as soon is possible. For urgent matter, since tree month ago we provide a free of charge point with fast connection .I would like to let you know that in near future (April 22nd-June 3rd 2013) we will be closed for refurbishment works. Our policy is to always improve facilities as well as and services, and this time we will try really hard with the Wi-Fi, because we understand its importance especially when you are abroad.
For your next reservation, please do not hesitate to contacting us for any arrangements you might need.
All the Staff is looking forward to welcome you back in Nautilus.
With the best regards

There are newer reviews for Nautilus Lanzarote

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We have recently returned from a much longed for family holiday (early Feb 2013) and cannot express how impressed we all were at this venue. I have many worries regarding personal space, noise, mucky beds, hostility, value for money and other suchg woes we often encounter on pre booked holidays / trips. I can quite honestly state 'Nautilus' is somewhere i will visit again and again. It is peaceful, well maintained, clean, cultured and the owners seem to have thought of everyones comfort.
Thank you ever so much for your hospitality and going above and beyond excellent customer service, you answered all queries and did everything you could to ensure we wanted for nothing!
I have nothing to say in regards to childrens facilities (the ratings below ask for activities) I loved that all the children at this venue were engaging with their parents and enjoying quality time; my daughter loved the art work, she loved talking to some of your other guests who were from other countries, she thoroughly enjoyed the heated pool and playing ping pong, the small play park is just enough to satisfy a young child, the small crazy golf is also sufficient.
We will be back................without a doubt

Room Tip: All the rooms are of excellent quality and have lovely views, pool views are very close to the pool...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank MrMrsSS
LedaGiordanoNautilus, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for such a warm opinion about Nautilus Lanzarote: for us there is no better compensation then knowing that our guest enjoyed the holiday so much.
We hope to see you back in Nautilus soon.
With the best regards
Nautilus Team

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Nautilus just before Christmas 2012. The apartments are located in a nice quiet location in Matagorda and just a short stroll to the promenade and the beach. The apartments are very clean and well kept and the staff members were pleasant. We stayed in no. 69 which was a very nice apartment with a slight view of the sea.
For wheelchair users and those with mobility issues I can assure people that these apartments are especially suitable. Equipment such as hoists, special beds, scooters can be rented if required. The bedrooms are fully accessible if requested and the complex is ramped to allow ease of access.
We enjoyed our daily walk around the perimeter of the airport to watch the planes fly over head in and out of the airport. Although the apartment complex is close to the airport - it did not appear noisy and was almost a pleasant distraction. We found that the local resturants did not have any real ambience and we took a local bus to the Puerto del Carmen old town if we were looking for a resturant with some character. One resturant Kinsale about 10 minutes walk away was very nice with great food although a little more expensive than other local resturants.
We rented a car for 2 days and certainly found the drive around the island interesting and gave us a better perspective of Lanzarote rather than just a tourist resort. I was a little sorry we did not have time to take the ferry from Orzola to La Graciosa which is just about 20 minutes from the north of the island where daily ferries go back and forth.
In general a good location for a short trip for sunshine and relaxation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Decsview
LedaGiordanoNautilus, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your comments, we appreciate that you took the time to post your opinion about Nautilus Lanzarote.
We feel it is our priority offering the best possible service in order to have any kind of needs –accessible or not - met.
Certainly, the area of Matagorda offers a kind of peace a quiet that many people look for and for a relaxing stay. Although lively Puerto del Carmen centre is just a short taxi ride away. For your next reservation, please do not hesitate to contacting us for any arrangements you might need
All the Staff is looking forward to welcome you back in Nautilus.
Kindest Regards.
Nautilus Team - Leda Giordano

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have just returned from an amazing week at the Nautilus for my daughter's birthday - wish we could have stayed longer. The place exceeded our expectations - beautiful grounds, interesting artwork, massive pool, everywhere spotlessly clean, and friendly staff and guests. All our neighbours were regulars here and had been returning for years, usually for 6 - 8 weeks in winter. There was a lovely mix of nationalities - Italian, Finnish, Swedish, German, and English just in our block, and everyone was very friendly. There were quite a few people in wheelchairs and the whole place seemed to be accessible in a very discreet way - so everyone was integrated. A perfect place to escape the snow at home. I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Viv S
LedaGiordanoNautilus, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you very much for your warm words about Nautilus, for all of us it is the best compensation for our work.
We try to develop our activity in a respectful way with our social and natural environment, and also culturally and sustainable.
I would like to let you know that next year (April 22nd –June 3rd 2013) we will be closed for refurbishment works. Our policy is to always improve facilities as well as and service. If you’d want to book us again and there is any information we can assist you with or have any requests, please do not hesitate to getting in touch with us. We are looking forward to see you back. Best Regards,
Leda Giordano – Nautilus Lanzarote Team

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We recently visited the Nautilus for a romantic Christmas break. The complex was spotless and had lots of good qualities. There were a few issues which stopped me from awarding full marks. Before the trip I emailed the hotel to request a double bed. This was quite important to us as my husband is 6ft 4 in tall and finds it almost impossible to fit in a single bed. On arrival there was no double bed so I informed reception. Barbara was very helpful and did her best to sort the problem. She said they would bring the bed to the apartment which I thought was a bit strange. When I went back to the room there was a phone call to say only one person was on maintenance that day and the bed would be delivered in the morning. Fair enough. On walking past reception the next day we were called over and informed that there were now no beds available until Friday. (this being Tuesday and we were going home on Sunday morning) what could I say. Unfortunately Friday came and went with no sign of the double bed. We are still to receive it. We were pretty disappointed as we did not go on holiday to sleep in separate beds on opposite sides of the room.
We were also a bit displeased with our treatment in the dining room when we were reprimanded by the dining room attendant for moving to a different table. (we were told it was fine to do this by Barbara on arrival) she came to the table shaking her head at us and almost slammed the basket with our number down on the table.She also grabbed my hot chocolate and thrust a saucer under it as I was so remiss not to do this myself! Oops. I can say we felt embarrassed at being treated like naughty children and considered not going back the next morning. Not what you expect as treatment on holiday especially as we did our best each morning to clear our dishes and be as helpful as possible. Overall this is a lovely place to stay but these things spoiled it a bit for us.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Foodaho
LedaGiordanoNautilus, Gerente at Nautilus Lanzarote, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Guest:
We are very sorry that your satisfaction about our complex did not reach hundred per cent.
I totally understand that the double bed was an important matter to you but as you probably already know, beds are subject to availability, we take careful note of each and every one of our customers requests but from time to time we are not able to 100% fulfil them all, and in this particular matter I have to admit that we made a mistake, and we gave you the wrong information twice I hope you will give us the opportunity of a second chance .

As per the impasse at the breakfast table, I’m pretty sure that it was due to some kind of misunderstanding.
we will talk this issue through.

Once more I would like to express our regret, please contact us directly next time to fulfil your expectation .
Looking forward to welcoming you soon again , we would like to send out our warmest greetings.
The Nautilus Lanzarote Team .

Best regards

Reviewed January 12, 2013

As a family we loved the way you can stay in your own bungalow. Right from the minute we got here we all felt at home. The facilities are all you would want, it's clean with everyone being so friendly. The pool and lounge/garden areas are safe for push chairs loads of room and mostly flat. So many beds with corners to keep to yourself if you like some privacy. Beach is close and the supermarket on sight is handy. We enjoyed every minute of this holiday and would book again no problem.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Megan A

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your opinion about us. We are really pleased that you found Nautilus Lanzarote comfortable and convenient. It’s rewarding to know that we met your expectations.
Looking forward to welcoming you soon, we would like to send out our warmest greetings.
The Nautilus Lanzarote Team Leda Giordano

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed at Nautilus over Christmas/New Year 2012, with my partner and 12-year-old son. This was my 6th time staying here since 2009.

This particular stay was designed to “escape Christmas” – or at least to escape the Great British Christmas, which drives me nuts every year!! This was a good move as Christmas in Lanzarote is absolutely nothing like it is in England!! We enjoyed a very quiet, “low-key” type of Christmas – but one where the true meaning (the birth of Christ) is celebrated with meaning and taken very seriously, on 24th Dec.

Anyway, the Nautilus Bungalows … as a family we’ve enjoyed our main summer holiday here for 2-3 weeks in August each year since 2009. I have also spent a 3-night break here with my two older sons, one of whom was taking part in the triathlon Lanzarote 70.3, in Nov 2012.

It is an immaculate complex with adequate accommodation. It’s not luxury, no, but is certainly everything one could need for a home away from home. Over Christmas I was able to cook a basic roast turkey dinner with a few trimmings, and a pudding, using a two-ring hob, an oven and a microwave. It was warm enough to sit outside all evening; indeed we ate our Christmas Dinner outside (a cardigan was definitely needed for evenings in December though!)

I have read other reviews, many written by people who are disabled or there with wheelchair users, and agree that this place is perfect for them. As an able-bodied family, we mix with them and it can be very inspirational for our son of 12 to see how others cope, some of his own age or younger, and some who have been injured in wars, accidents etc. Everyone, regardless of nationality, is friendly and sociable – yet, one can enjoy privacy and peace too.

Regarding TV … it is adequate. I don’t go to Lanzarote to watch TV! We were there for some of the Olympics and watched the closing ceremony in German – not sure it would have made any more sense in English!!

The Wi-fi, as mentioned by another reviewer, can be erratic. This is frustrating but really – is it essential?!!

Another reviewer also mentioned beds – these are generally two singles together, which for myself is ideal, excellent even!! If he’s drunk too much of the cheap booze and is restless, I just push the beds apart … result!! Seriously, it’s so much better than having to share some tiny little double bed. If you’re really into being close/intimate, just share one of the singles!!

Moving on … I must mention Paella Fridays … for 11.50 euros each, an enormous paella is served at 1.30 every Friday, to include sangria. This is incredibly good and tasty and I highly recommend it.

The pool can feel cold, but once you’re in and swimming / moving, it’s fine, really – believe me!!

The staff at Nautilus … goodness, where do I start?! Well … Leda, Marina, Barbara, Susi, all on reception, for starters … they are all like friends to us now, they are incredibly efficient and friendly, they adore our young son and take a genuine interest in his sporting pursuits both while he’s there and here at home.

The shop downstairs sells most of what you’d need, but is definitely not the cheapest – but it is right here on the doorstep. The staff in here (apologies for not remembering your names!) are also extremely friendly and welcoming – and I must congratulate them on having learnt more English in the last few years than I have managed to learn Spanish!!!

The whole complex is extremely safe, especially for children. It is enclosed and the staff are attentive and caring. I feel I must mention the cleaning staff too … the bungalows are cleaned, beds made etc every day apart from Sunday. Clean sheets twice a week and towels every couple of days – quite remarkable! They are very trustworthy – you can leave all sorts lying around (cash, jewellery, anything!) and nothing is touched. They are a credit to their employers, as well as being very friendly and polite. (Carmen deserves a special mention here!)

I’m conscious this review is turning into an essay … if anyone would like to email me to ask anything, please do so … my only reservation would be that if I speak too highly, you’ll all get in there first and book it and there’ll be no rooms left for me!!!

Seriously, this is a 10 out of 10 complex … try it for yourselves, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank KLK1960

We could not thank you enough for your thorough review about Nautilus Lanzarote! You know you and your family are very dear to us.
We have put our best efforts in making Nautilus Lanzarote as accessible as possible. It might be good to let people know that Pocillos Beach (Playa de Los Pocillos) which is at a reasonable walking distance from Nautilus, has become an accessible beach recently.
As per WiFi connection, it is available all over the complex but coverage is to be shared with the other customers. We are working to upgrade the width of our WiFi coverage in the future.
We are aware that for some people our swimming pool not find warm enough. As members of Hotels of the Biosphere, it is a major concern for us to keep energy consumption in balanced levels without compromising the quality of our service. Anyway we bear this in mind and will try to improve in this matter.

We wish your son the best of lucks with his competitions and are looking forward to welcoming you all very soon.

We send you our warmest greetings.
Leda Giordano. Nautilus Team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Del Carmen
#10 of 91 in Puerto Del Carmen
Hesperia Lanzarote
Hesperia Lanzarote
#2 of 4 in Puerto Calero

Been to Nautilus Lanzarote? Share your experiences!