Stayed here in June, for 2 weeks. On arrival the first thing I saw was cockroaches, so I didn't know what to expect. But to be fair the rooms where spotless, and maids where in 5 days a week making beds, sweeping floors, changing towels. So I was very relieved. No complaints there.
Disappointed about air con, The only reason we choose the costa sal over another one was because the costa sal said it had air con. However when we arrived, we where informed that the air con only goes on July-sept. So we weren't too pleased. We always have air con as can't sleep without it. Rooms where far too hot, and with the windows open at night, it was too noisy to sleep. They should make it clearer that air con is only available at certain times. The hotels location wasn't the greatest. It was 30-45 minutes from Puerto del carmen (walking) and therefor had we known it didn't have air con. We would have booked the hotel we where originally going to book that also didn't have air con, but was in the main resort, so better location. As where the costa sal is, is matagorda. A bit too isolated for us. It had a few restaurants and shops. But for a 2 week holiday. It soon got boring. The taxis where cheaper than the buses though. Between 3-4 euros to the main town. Well worth checking it out as it's much cheaper, and a lot more choice.
We also had to move apartments during our stay due to noise, noise from inconsiderate neighbours above us, kept us up all night, then builders kept us up all morning with building work going on in the apartment next door. However moving was no hassle, when we asked to switch we actually got moved to a better apartment which looked more modern (no patio furniture sofas) and this one had a bed for my son. As for some reason the first apartment we where in only had 2 single beds, (we booked for 3 people) so my son had to sleep on a sofa that looked more like patio furniture. If there was a 3rd adult and not a child with us, I don't know how they would have slept on it for 2 weeks. It was wooden so not comfortable at all.
Lots of work going on, they where putting new furniture in the apartments that we got moved too. However in my opinion the first apartment we where in needed it far more.
Restaurant staff where great couldn't be any more helpful, an asset to costa sal. (Reception staff could learn a thing or two from them) and the food itself was outstanding. My favourite meals where ate at the hotel. The Sunday roast & BBQ night is a must. Not to be missed.(Advised to put your name down early) we saw a lot of guests being turned away as they where fully booked.
One of my main issues was the wifi. A lot of hotels offer this for free or at a small cost at most. Costa sal want 30 euros per week, per DEVICE. In my opinion a complete rip off. It's pure greed. Considering it struggled to get a connection most of the time.
I also agree with other reviews about the sunbeds. It states they can't be reserved, however most mornings the beds would have towels on them but no guests. Not once did I see staff move any of the towels. For hours most of the beds lay empty with just a towel. It wouldn't be hard to send someone round the pools every hour and remove the towels. Why have rules if your not going to enforce them? However the beach is a 5 minute walk away. Very windy. Never been on a beach like it. With every gust of wind your covered from head to toe in sand. And there's a lot of wind.
Overall it was ok. I wouldn't rush back. Mainly because of the location. If you've booked, you won't be disappointed. A holidays what you make of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Sal.... The hotel that brings the definition " Home away from Home" to life! We pride ourselves on making our guests feel like family. From you arrival in our bright and modern reception area, where you are greeted by one of our very friendly receptionists. To the Bar/ Restaurant/ pool bar.You are always made to feel welcome and at home. We offer a wide range of options for single travellers, couples, friends and families. Everything from compact studios to luxury villas complete with hot-tub. Many reasons why our guests come back year after year! So read our guests feedback here on this forum. And get booking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Costa Sal Villas and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Sal Apartments Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Villas And Suites Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen