We have just spent a very pleasant week at Costa Sal with our 2 year old, I e-mailed them before arrival to request a high floor in a quiet location and that is what we got. We were in room 124 and I would recommend it as the view was super. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, even the pool guy and Nicki in the bar was very kind to our little fella. We ate in the bar once and had take out once both were nice but a bit pricey compared to places in town. At this time of year Matagorda is pretty quiet so it is worth walking or taking the bus along to puerto del carmen where there is lots of choice and it is cheaper, 2.50 for a full English! The beach is lovely (nicer than Puerto del Carmen) we were on it most mornings by 9. The pool was nice but cold especially when there was no sun as it is heated with solar panels. The apartments are really big and spacious, we moved the beds into the lounge so that our toddler could sleep in the bedroom in his travel cot and there was still lots of room. There was a large flat screen with lots of UK channels, we were even able to watch tbe xfactor final, the sofa and arm chair were comfortable also. The shower room was lovely with a great walk in shower. We felt the kitchen utensils were very limited for a speriour apartment as we did actually need to cook quite a lot. The maid service was a bit random, they often came late in the day when were wanting to make food for our youngster and it very much depended on which maid it was as to how thorough the clean was. The complex was spotless though and there seemed to be lots of maintenance staff. It was very windy when we were there and the apartment door rattle terribly which did keep us awake, I know it sounds like a little thing but lots of the apartments had new doors and I couldn't help feeling that ours needed up dating too. It is a 5 minute walk to the beach, less if you cut through the Lanzarote Sol Hotel.
We were a bit unlucky with the weather and there wasn't much for our toddler to do when the pool and beach were not an option bu other than that I was pretty impressed with Costa Sal and thought it represented good value compared to other Spanish Apartments I have stayed in. All in all I would not hesitate to recommend Costa Sal for couples and families a like. Thank you for a lovely week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Sal.... The hotel that brings the definition " Home away from Home" to life! We pride ourselves on making our guests feel like family. From you arrival in our bright and modern reception area, where you are greeted by one of our very friendly receptionists. To the Bar/ Restaurant/ pool bar.You are always made to feel welcome and at home. We offer a wide range of options for single travellers, couples, friends and families. Everything from compact studios to luxury villas complete with hot-tub. Many reasons why our guests come back year after year! So read our guests feedback here on this forum. And get booking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Costa Sal Villas and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Sal Apartments Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Villas And Suites Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen