Just returned from a wonderful 3 week break in the wonderful Costa Sal apartments. My wife and I and our three boys (9, 12 & 16) are regulars to Lanzarote having had 5 holidays there and all 5 of us were unanimous that this was our favorite place.
We booked a luxury 2 bed apartment which was better than we hoped it would be. It was clean with all the mod cons you could wish for. It came with a large terrace area which was brilliant for catching the last bit of sun in the afternoon. It also had a beautiful view overlooking the sea.
All the staff were so pleasant and courteous, nothing was a problem for them.
The apartments are in a great location just a few minutes walk from a beautiful beach which we used to go to for a morning swim. There are 2 pools on site and we used the main one which was fabulous. Plenty of beds all day for everyone even after the towel brigade strike at 7am!
The apartments are also located beside a nice clean commercial centre where there is a big selection of restaurants and bars which will suit all tastes. Our favourite restaurant was La Barisa which served great food, good portions and was brilliant value considering we had 5 to feed each night. Some mornings we went there for breakfast after our swim. There is also a McDonalds within walking distance of the apartments which the kids liked for a change.
As we were previous regulars in Fariones Playa apartments and Fariones Hotel we decided to take a trip down memory lane to that area of Puerto Del Carmen. It only reinforced how glad we were to have booked Costa Sal as the main strip in Puerto Del Carmen has become too commercial. You can't enjoy a stroll down the front without being accosted by waiters waving menus at you. Its now overpriced and full of tat..
A must do for the kids is a visit to the Bike rental shop in the local commercial center where they also hire Segways. I and two of the boys hired Segways for a one hour guided trip to Playa Honda which was great fun and inexpensive at only €20 p.p.
Also hired a car for 2 days and did the usual - Timanfaya National Park, Caves, cactus park, teguise market. All recommended.
In conclusion we will be back to Costa Sal again and again as we all had a fantastic holiday there and wish we were there now..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Sal.... The hotel that brings the definition " Home away from Home" to life! We pride ourselves on making our guests feel like family. From you arrival in our bright and modern reception area, where you are greeted by one of our very friendly receptionists. To the Bar/ Restaurant/ pool bar.You are always made to feel welcome and at home. We offer a wide range of options for single travellers, couples, friends and families. Everything from compact studios to luxury villas complete with hot-tub. Many reasons why our guests come back year after year! So read our guests feedback here on this forum. And get booking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Costa Sal Villas and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Sal Apartments Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Villas And Suites Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen