Just back from an extended family holiday (all 18 of us) And the vote was unanimous- ‘a great resort’.
We opted for the superior apartments and weren’t disappointed; those with young children were given ground floor apartments and the remainder first floor apartments. The apartments are more like suites with attention to every detail such as the provision of an electric kettle, toaster and a large flat screen TV with a wide selection of channels including Irish and UK.
The staff are very helpful and at the end of our stay there were no hidden extra charges. What really makes this resort is the Bar/Restaurant or more correctly ‘the staff’. The food is excellent and very reasonably priced. They have a different theme each evening; don’t miss the BBQ night which is really ‘eat all you can’ for a little more than a ‘tenner’. It is so well managed that you feel as if you have missed something by dining out be it the Elvis Night, the Quiz etc.
Puerto Del Carmen is about a 5 E taxi ride to the centre of but all services such as a selection of pubs and restaurants are located within walking distance. On sea front there is a magnificent walk-way.
The service from the WI-Fi was limited and is probably not worth the extra money. Be careful with children down near the play area as the wall from the outside is about a metre high but about a 5 metre high drop on the inside.
Both pools are great each with a kiddie pool attached. The lower one is somewhat heated in the off season but we found that the main pool, though a little cool, was the favourite with all.
Talking to fellow travellers, many that stayed at different resorts on the island had nothing but great praise for this outstanding resort. You won’t be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Sal.... The hotel that brings the definition " Home away from Home" to life! We pride ourselves on making our guests feel like family. From you arrival in our bright and modern reception area, where you are greeted by one of our very friendly receptionists. To the Bar/ Restaurant/ pool bar.You are always made to feel welcome and at home. We offer a wide range of options for single travellers, couples, friends and families. Everything from compact studios to luxury villas complete with hot-tub. Many reasons why our guests come back year after year! So read our guests feedback here on this forum. And get booking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Costa Sal Villas and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Sal Apartments Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Villas And Suites Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen