This was our first visit to Lanzarote and we stayed in a bungalow - a time share that we had rented privately. We loved it. The bungalow had recently been refurbished, as had most of them from what we could gather - in fact they were still doing some of them up. The room was exceptionally clean and a cleaner came in 5 days in 7, the maintenance was brilliant, when we had a problem with the back door we reported it to reception and by the time we had got back to the bungalow the maintenance man was right behind us to fix it.
The couple of things that stopped this from getting a five was the swimming pools, beautiful to look at but unheated - to any level - and were absolutely freezing, too cold to go in. I had visions of swimming every day, however we found the sea was actually warmer! The other was the receptionist. When we arrived at about 3pm (having been up since 3am) she was on the phone - fair enough. However she didn't even acknowledge us, and finished her call, promptly picking up a mobile phone and disappearing into the back office. When she finished that she made another phone call, by which time we had been standing there for over 10 minutes and other people had joined us waiting. She finally looked up and asked who was next! I was distinctly unamused. She was pretty off with us each time we went there, however by the end of the week there was another receptionist there who was much more pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Sal.... The hotel that brings the definition " Home away from Home" to life! We pride ourselves on making our guests feel like family. From you arrival in our bright and modern reception area, where you are greeted by one of our very friendly receptionists. To the Bar/ Restaurant/ pool bar.You are always made to feel welcome and at home. We offer a wide range of options for single travellers, couples, friends and families. Everything from compact studios to luxury villas complete with hot-tub. Many reasons why our guests come back year after year! So read our guests feedback here on this forum. And get booking! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Costa Sal Villas and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Costa Sal Apartments Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Hotel Matagorda
- Costa Sal Apartments Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Lanzarote
- Costa Sal Villas And Suites Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen