My views are based on an ALL INCLUSIVE 10 night stay (school holidays) in a one bedroom apartment at the beginning of April which cost my wife and I a total of £57 per night. Pleased with that and feel that we had value for money.
This is a well documented THREE STAR complex and be under no doubts that is exactly what you are going to get. That is not a negative statement as we enjoyed our stay but is just intended to clarify things for future travellers.
On a steep hill and quite a few steps within the complex but this did not seem to bother most people. However, if you do struggle with walking it might pose some people problems.
The apartments are BRIGHT and CLEAN but as in most places they are furnished in Canarian style which makes them look a little tired. The maid service is good with a regular change of towels.
The main pool area is nicely set out and has a very warm friendly feel to it.
The daytime entertainment is good with the 2 girl animacion team giving the children and adults plenty to do or think about. (one girl leaving as we did so not sure what impact that will have as she was very good) . The evening entertainment on the whole was QUITE GOOD for HOLIDAY ENTERTAINMENT as in general it is usually pretty appalling. The bar service was good although for some strange reason the all inclusive residents had to drink from plastic beakers unless we were in the restaurant. Not really a problem if you are drinking beer but wine just does not taste the same from a 1/2 pint beaker.
The restaurant is nice but can get very busy at times although the staff are very efficient and do to move things along quite quickly, without ever rushing you. You never have to wait very long, if at all, for a table.
The food, now this is going to sound very contradictive. On offer is a choice of salads, pasta, rice, your usual cold meats and various veg dishes etc. The main meats during our stay consisted of fish, rabbit, goat, veal, pork, chicken, meat balls, turkey and beef which is a good selection in anyones eyes and was not a problem. The problem being not the SELECTION but the QUALITY of the food, with a lot of it being TASTELESS and BLAND. We also experienced some very strange combinations as well. Example : One evening we had a choice of chicken, beef or pork with the only veg available being peas or tinned carrots and the ONLY form of potato on offer was CHIPS ! This was a constant problem throughout our stay but even so you will not go hungry.
So just to reiterate, this is a THREE STAR budget hotel which in our opinion is offering good value for money at the prices that WE paid. YOU ONLY GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR springs to mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Flora, located in Puerto del Carmen, is a settlement of studios and apartments with beautiful gardens and a multitude of services to offer a unique experience for your next holiday in Lanzarote. Relax in our beautiful pools and participate in our complete entertainment program of activities for adults and children. You will discover that the THB Flora Hotel is the perfect place for a holiday with your family or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel THB Flora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thb Flora Puerto Del Carmen
- Thb Flora Hotel
- Flora Apartments Lanzarote
- Hotel THB Flora Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen