“Had a lovely time at flora,please dont believe all negativity!”
Review of Hotel THB Flora

Hotel THB Flora
Ranked #37 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Well what can I say we had such a nice time here we came with here with my 18 month old daughter on the 24th Sept for 1 week, we stayed in Flora 1 as we where all inclusive I have to say we probably got one of the best apartments as we where over looking the main pool and could also see the sea which was nice. With regards to the food there was always something we could eat even my fussy boyfriend actually ate most things :) my daughter also enjoyed some of the food especially the yogurt and fresh fruit.
The staff where all lovely and friendly especially with the little one they fussed over her every meal time. Noticed on some of the reviews some people moaned about the staff and drinking out of plastic cups to be honest they couldnt be more wrong about the staff they where always helpful if you are nice with them and treated them with respect they where the same with you. Didnt bother us about drinking out of plastic cups.

Pool area was always kept clean, the maids always worked hard to cleaned our room every day apart from sunday and wednesday, on our last night one of the maids made a swan out of the towels which was nice.

The cats that lived in the hotel grounds where lovely I am not a cat lover but they kept our daughter amused they came out first thing in the morning and early evening they didnt bother you unless you wanted them to.

As for the hill yes it was steep so for people with walking disabilities probably not the hotel for you,but we didnt mind it was good exercise for us as we where all inclusive was quite amusing watching my fella push the pram up the hill lol

Last but not least puerto del carmen itself does need improving I went to playa blanca last year and i prefered that resort but i still enjoyed it.

I have to say the only down side was it having no air con and charging you 16 euros a week plus 10 euro deposit, some people who stayed for 2 weeks went a bought one from the village which worked out cheaper than hiring one.

So all in all had a great time and would definately recommend this hotel if you wanted a cheap getaway like it says in most of the reviews if you want 4 or 5 star then pay for it!

Room Tip: Ask for pool/sea view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Gareth H

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed here in september and was not dissapointed.good value for money with friendly staff and good food.it is situated on a steep hill but a taxi is only 3 euros.we hired a scooter for 2 days to see the whole island.people have complained on here that its near a busy road but it really isn,t that bad and there is a tunnel you can use to get to the flora apartments if you are on the other side of the road.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My wife and I have just had our tenth holiday at the Flora(arrived 25/9/2011) and when I read some of the comments made it makes me wonder whether the reviewers have actually been to the same place as us.
First of all lets deal with the matter of supposedly rude staff. Nothing could be further from the truth. They are a great bunch doing a tough job and many of them have worked at the Flora for several years. I have to say they are much more courteous than some of the guests they have to deal with and the fact that drinks come in plastic beakers. So what? Isn't that quite common on all inclusive holidays? It's hardly a catastrophe is it?

With regard to the rooms they may not be 5 star luxury apartments,but neither is it a 5* price. However they are spacious enough, regularly cleaned and offer great value for money.

We used to stay in a studio in Flora 2 on a self catering basis which is fine once you get used to going through the underpass(which is well lit and very safe by the way) to reach the main facilities. The Flora operate a 6 for the price of 5 breakfast deal so we used to take advantage of that but last year we discovered a cracking deal with lowcostholidays.com which meant that we could stay in a poolside apartment on Flora 1 on an all inclusive basis for just a few pounds more. It was a no brainer and although I was a bit wary of using a new company after all these years I have to say the whole booking process was simple, the follow up communication was exceptional and in short -STRESS FREE. We used them again this year and would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Location wise all I would say about the Flora is that it's not ideal for anyone with walking difficulties like myself. However as mine tend to be alcohol induced by nightly visits to The Crowded House Bar( a great live music venue half way down the hill towards town) I am probably not ideally placed to make a real judgement. Seriously though don't discount it altogether because the buses and taxis stop right outside so travelling out and about is pretty simple and relatively inexpensive.

The food is fine with enough choices to ensure that no one goes hungry but if you fancy eating out on the odd night there are one or two decent restaurants within a couple of hundred yards. When we arrived we were too late for the evening meal but the staff had put together a doggy bag for us which was a nice touch and really reflects their attitude to customer service.

So all in all how would I sum up the Flora?That's easy. Nice folk.Cracking Value despite what the whingers say.

Room Tip: It's worth paying that little bit extra for a one bedroomed apartment rather than a studio. Flo...
3  Thank Derek C
Reviewed October 5, 2011

we arrived at the flora to be told that we have got to cross the road to flora 2,we were all inclusive,these studios there are for self catering,we went into the studio,and it smelt of smoke and really grubby,so we went back to reception and told them we want to stay at flora 1 as we were all inclusive,they told us we would have to pay 70euros so being a sucker i did,the staff here are very rude,the drinks come in plastic beakers,unless your paying for them then its glasses,defo wont be going back there.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

A Review from Alan who stayed at the Flora Hotel for a week on 19/09/2011 with my friend Eugene. The Hotel is up a steep Hill at the Harbour end of Porta Del Carmen, a 15 min walk down hill to the Harbour and a 3 to 4 Euro taxi ride back from central PDC if walking is a problem for you.
We checked in at reception at lunchtime without a problem. The receptionist was very polite; he showed us the room location on a hotel map and how to get to it. He explained about the room cleaning times, the restaurant opening hours, on site shop and handed us the key.
We stayed in room 211 which overlooked the pool area at the rear, the bedroom facing the road. The living area is spacious and comfortable with seating that doubles as beds. There`s a dining table and 4 chairs, all the usual kitchen amenities available, although we stayed all inclusive so never used them. There`s a flat panel TV with freeview channels but you will have to pay to use it. There`s a patio area with a table and chairs and a clothes drier should you need it. The bedroom is large enough for 2 people with 2 single beds, wardrobes, Dressing table, storage space and a safe you can rent. I did sleep okay but would have to say the mattress is firm. There was some road noise but not excessive. The bathroom was well appointed with an over the bath shower, a wash basin, Mirror, towel rails, clean towels changed daily and a spotless clean toilet. To summarise, the apartment was more than adequate for our stay and very clean.
The Restaurant is pleasant, the Staff friendly and polite. You can get a cooked breakfast, also cereal, yogurt, toast, croissants etc. Lunch and dinner time has a choice of meat, poultry and fish every day, plenty salad, cold meats and cheese. They serve some traditional dishes that I enjoyed with not so much Fast Food so don’t expect burgers and hotdogs daily. We ate early so the food was always hot. The deserts were disappointing but there is ice cream and plenty of fruit on offer.
The pool area is very pretty with shrubs and flowers around the perimeter with palm trees and a sea view. The shallow pool separated from the main pool for children`s safety. The bar and restaurant are to one side with a small stage where the evening Entertainment takes place. There were enough tables and chairs available even when it got busy and I never had a problem getting a sun lounger. The bar staff work hard, day and night and were courteous and will have a smile for you if you chat to them. They serve drinks from 10am and close promptly at 11pm.You can carry on drinking but you have to use the inside bar and disco room after 11pm where they play music until 12.30am.
The entertainment / activities Team are Good, the service provided by Kristina and Anna. The Girls work hard morning and night for your enjoyment. They start the children’s club in the morning and Activities for the adult from 11am to mid afternoon,then again on the evening. If you decide to join in you will have some fun. Kristina has a Great sense of humour, witty and Intelligent so don’t cheat (she won’t let you). The kids love her and line up for their prize certificates, as do the adults.
I would recommend this hotel If you want good, clean, comfortable accommodation, decent Food and some Entertainment and Friendly Staff. It is not 5 Star and doesn’t pretend to be but offers Good Value for your Holiday Euro. I enjoyed my Week`s holiday here and would like to thank all of the people mentioned that made my holiday memorable.

Room Tip: Room 211 was Good for me
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2011

just back 29/9 2011 heard some terrible stories ALL RUBBISH .excelent food (all inclusive)realy nice poolside apartment cleaned every day towels ghanged everyday.entertainmentgood staff very friendly .would recomend to anybody.only complaint perto del carmen a little run down (tired).

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Flora the first two weeks in Sept, I have a couple of things to complain about,
We used the quiet pool which was nice but there was only a couple of umbarellas and no other shade, there is an extreme shortage of ashtrays, there also seems to be a shortage of knives as they ran out every morning and plastic ones were put out, (if your lucky) otherwise you just had to stand and wait while the waiters stood for half an hour drying them at the bar, they also ran out of beer twicw once the first week and once the second,
we found the bar staff to be very rude, we heard alot of people complaining about them and to them, as you approach the bar they go off and do something else and make you wait.
the rooms are ok although the beds are rock hard and there is no aircon, they were clean but basic, we always found something to eat although the snacks were very poor curled up ham and cheese sandwiches no butter not nice, if your there for two weeks everything is repeated weekly, the hotel is at the top of a hill but its not to far to walk to the strip although you will be better getting a taxi back up for around 3euro, I would not go back to this hotel because of the service given by the staff at the bar.

2  Thank ylc09