My wife and I have just had our tenth holiday at the Flora(arrived 25/9/2011) and when I read some of the comments made it makes me wonder whether the reviewers have actually been to the same place as us.
First of all lets deal with the matter of supposedly rude staff. Nothing could be further from the truth. They are a great bunch doing a tough job and many of them have worked at the Flora for several years. I have to say they are much more courteous than some of the guests they have to deal with and the fact that drinks come in plastic beakers. So what? Isn't that quite common on all inclusive holidays? It's hardly a catastrophe is it?
With regard to the rooms they may not be 5 star luxury apartments,but neither is it a 5* price. However they are spacious enough, regularly cleaned and offer great value for money.
We used to stay in a studio in Flora 2 on a self catering basis which is fine once you get used to going through the underpass(which is well lit and very safe by the way) to reach the main facilities. The Flora operate a 6 for the price of 5 breakfast deal so we used to take advantage of that but last year we discovered a cracking deal with lowcostholidays.com which meant that we could stay in a poolside apartment on Flora 1 on an all inclusive basis for just a few pounds more. It was a no brainer and although I was a bit wary of using a new company after all these years I have to say the whole booking process was simple, the follow up communication was exceptional and in short -STRESS FREE. We used them again this year and would definitely recommend them to anyone.
Location wise all I would say about the Flora is that it's not ideal for anyone with walking difficulties like myself. However as mine tend to be alcohol induced by nightly visits to The Crowded House Bar( a great live music venue half way down the hill towards town) I am probably not ideally placed to make a real judgement. Seriously though don't discount it altogether because the buses and taxis stop right outside so travelling out and about is pretty simple and relatively inexpensive.
The food is fine with enough choices to ensure that no one goes hungry but if you fancy eating out on the odd night there are one or two decent restaurants within a couple of hundred yards. When we arrived we were too late for the evening meal but the staff had put together a doggy bag for us which was a nice touch and really reflects their attitude to customer service.
So all in all how would I sum up the Flora?That's easy. Nice folk.Cracking Value despite what the whingers say.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel THB Flora, located in Puerto del Carmen, is a settlement of studios and apartments with beautiful gardens and a multitude of services to offer a unique experience for your next holiday in Lanzarote. Relax in our beautiful pools and participate in our complete entertainment program of activities for adults and children. You will discover that the THB Flora Hotel is the perfect place for a holiday with your family or friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Hotel THB Flora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thb Flora Puerto Del Carmen
- Thb Flora Hotel
- Flora Apartments Lanzarote
- Hotel THB Flora Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen