Last minute decision to try and find some sunshine in March so went to travel agent and Lanzarote with Lomo Blanco was decided upon. We chose half board as it was only aprox. £20 each more than self catering.
Pleasant surprise to see we had an appartment, full facilities, two balconies and very nice outlook over the pool.
We had breakfast in the restaurant, this was cooked as ordered and a bit small on portion size. I think it's buffet style when high season.
Evening meal, strange menu not exactly clear what to order with the way it is written. Some things you could have as starters or main course. After a couple of days we got the knack, just ask what is available! The food was very tasty, but I did ask if they had vegetables on a few occasions as it was chips with everything.
Part of the menu had prices, so the guests self catering could also eat there. It seemed quite pricey so I think we got the best deal. I saw people carrying bags of shopping up the VERY steep hill, so I can imagine they had more to pay out than we did.
The beach was down the hill locally known as 'Cardiac Hill'. We found a gentle slope, if you turn right as you come out of the hotel.
The highlight of the holiday was the full island tour. 45euros each worth every cent. We booked with a coach company down near the beach. This included a lovely meal and a very knowledgable guide. Take plenty to drink en route if you go. It's a long day, 9am -6pm but brilliant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomo Blanco is well known by all types of holidaymakers not only due to spacious and well equipped apartments and on site facilities, but also to the unique location of the complex. It is safe and comfortable for families with kids. Virtually central, but in a quiet location at only 150 metres from one of the most beautiful beaches on the island and the promenade and at 10 minutes walk to the heart of the old fishing village of Puerto del Carmen with its traditional bodegas and fish restaurants. FacilitiesReception (24 hours), restaurant (buffet & a la carte on availability), TV room, snack-bar, solarium and mature gardens. 3 heated (in the winter) swimming pools, launderette, rent a car, internet corner, WiFi, games room (pool, table tennis, games machines) and outside parking.AccommodationBoth 1 bedroom (sleeps up to 2 adults and 2 child under 12 year´s old) and 2 bedrooms (sleeps up to 5 adults, or 4 adults + 2 kids) apartments are very spacious with terraces, or patios, that face the gardens and pools. They are totally equipped and consist of a kitchen area – 2 cooking rings, oven/ microwave), toaster, kettle, cooking utensils and a fridge - separate bedroom (s), bathroom, living room including a sofa bed, direct dial telephone, safety deposit box* and satellite TV*. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lomo Blanco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomo Blanco Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Lomo Blanco Apartments Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen