We have just recently returned from our holiday in lanzarote staying in the Lomo Blamco Apartments. before we left we read some of the reviews that other holiday makers had left. we read allsorts of reviews that the apartments wernt up to standards, that there wasnt much to do and just that the holiday wasnt overall a good package.
On the first night arriving at the resort we were a little dissapointed with a few faults which the apartment had, the terrace light didnt work and also the handle fell off the door-we reported this to reception and with leaving the apartment for just a small amount of time both of the faults had been fixed-the hotel showed complete customer dedication. The room does come with a safety deposit box which costs 14euros for the week and then a 6 euro deposit-the boxes were very safe with only the holiday maker holding a key. The room was basic but had everything that we needed including a toaster,kettle oven, fridge freezer and many more essentials.The room does come with a small portable tv which has 9 english channels which there is a snall fee to pay which i think was only 3 euros for the day. The apartment was very clean and spacious-with the maids bringing fresh towels and bed linen 5 times a week. the resort as a hole was very clean and tidy-in the whole week of our stay i didnt once see any litter or rubbish lyingaround. the resort was very busy but quiet and the pool was nice and relaxing with planty of sun loungers for all of the holiday makers. The pool is a good size and seperate form he childrens pool-but i will say jump straight in dont dangle your legs over the side becuase the water is so cold you wont end up getting in. Although once in the pool the water warms up nicely. We only stayed as self catering so i carnt really tell you much about the food-we did eat a few times from the snack bar at the pool edge and the food was very nice and also we very good value for money.Staff at the resort were all really lovely-they were very helpful and friendly and they couldnt do enough for you. the maids were brilliant always cleaning the apartment
When we were reading the reviews previous holiday makers kept calling one specific road CARDIAC HILL !!! saying that it was very steep to climbup and down and its the fastest way to and from the resort. When we first went up and down the hill it didnt seem to bad but towards the end of the week it seemed to get harder to climb. Although it is steep it isnt as bad as people make out. and if you dont want to takle the hill there are some steps next to linikers bar which avoid the hill.
The resort is only a 5 minute walk to the beach and the local bars and restraunts. We found some really amazing places to eat inc: The chinese dragon all you can eat buffet for just 7euro each and sports bar where you can snack on all your fave english foods. The best vars to go in is definatly sports bar and Bellmens which is where you get the best and cheapest cocktails.
The only excursion we went on was the Volcano Express- which we would absolutly recommend to everyone. its a breathtaking ride up into and around the lunar route. Its unbelieveable to be so close to something that once caused so much destruction which now has been made a national park to Lanzarote with the name Timanfaya.
Just to sum the holiday up we would give it and 11 out of 10. we never struggled with keeping ourselves occupied- we had plently to do and see and when we wernt out and about we were relaxing in the apartment and around the resort. We would definatly go back to the Lomo Blanco Apartmemts as we had such a fantastic time. So toeveryone about to be arriving at the resort have a fab time and ignore the rubbish reviews because the resort really is out of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomo Blanco is well known by all types of holidaymakers not only due to spacious and well equipped apartments and on site facilities, but also to the unique location of the complex. It is safe and comfortable for families with kids. Virtually central, but in a quiet location at only 150 metres from one of the most beautiful beaches on the island and the promenade and at 10 minutes walk to the heart of the old fishing village of Puerto del Carmen with its traditional bodegas and fish restaurants. FacilitiesReception (24 hours), restaurant (buffet & a la carte on availability), TV room, snack-bar, solarium and mature gardens. 3 heated (in the winter) swimming pools, launderette, rent a car, internet corner, WiFi, games room (pool, table tennis, games machines) and outside parking.AccommodationBoth 1 bedroom (sleeps up to 2 adults and 2 child under 12 year´s old) and 2 bedrooms (sleeps up to 5 adults, or 4 adults + 2 kids) apartments are very spacious with terraces, or patios, that face the gardens and pools. They are totally equipped and consist of a kitchen area – 2 cooking rings, oven/ microwave), toaster, kettle, cooking utensils and a fridge - separate bedroom (s), bathroom, living room including a sofa bed, direct dial telephone, safety deposit box* and satellite TV*. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Lomo Blanco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomo Blanco Apartments Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Lomo Blanco Apartments Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen