“great location and value for money!”
Review of Cinco Plazas

Cinco Plazas
Ranked #32 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Just back for a one week stay at Cinco Plazas. The staff were friendly, rooms basic but clean and the location was excellent. We were based in the Montana section, which was nice and quiet. Beach, bars, shops and restaurants were only a 2-3 min walk away. The only negative comment I have is the early check out time - rooms have to be vacated by 10am. Our flight wasn't until 8pm, making it a very long day. However, we were able to pay for extended check out (35 euros), which I thought was expensive but worth it when you have small children. Extended check out is not guaranteed and we had to ask about 3-4 times about this and kept being told nothing was available but to try later.
All in all a great holiday and I would def go back.

Room Tip: 1st floor apartments Montana section were quiet and private
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank sunnydays77

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I booked Cinco Plazas through Alpharooms and had a lovely one bedroomed apartment in the Amarillo Plaza. I travelled with my younger daughter and we joined up with my elder daughter and her family who booked through Thomson and had a two bedroomed apartment in the same area. We both had upper floor apartments which get more sun. Lower apartments have more shade for young children but have open access to the pool area which can be a bit worrying if you have toddlers who like to escape! The apartments are spacious and well equipped. The children used the Thomson Kid's Club and really enjoyed it. We all enjoyed the evening Junior Disco run by the complex animacion lady and there were live acts starting at 10pm for the adults. We were self catering so cannot comment on the food though we did enjoy the Wednesday lunch time paella. There is a small supermarket in the complex but the Hyper Dino Express nearby is very good - especially the hot croissants and baguettes. A walk down the hill takes you to the main street where there are numerous excellent restaurants, the Asian Enjoy restaurant was a particular favourite of ours. The beach is at the bottom of the hill and is lovely and sheltered from the wind. We did the Express Volcano trip with Last Minute Travel and it was very good. We never had trouble getting a sunbed as they now remove any towels from beds which have not been used within a certain time. There are also life guards at the pools from 10am to 6pm. Overall we had a great holiday and I would recommend Cinco Plazas to anyone wanting a friendly family holiday whether you travel with your own family or just join in with other peoples!

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms get more sun and children cannot escape from the balcony
10  Thank Linda G
Reviewed June 6, 2014

we returned again in may 2014 to these apt with a "deal" with Thomson holidays which included flight from my local airport,luggage and transfers plus 2 weeks s/c in a 1 bed apt... on arrival we were given our apt very quickly thanks to Andrea on reception. but unfortunately we were unhappy as we were looking out on to a blank wall,right next to the main noisy air conditioning unit and right next to the main bar...well I suppose someone has to have it !!!!!!! went back to reception and was told to come back in the morning and they would ""see"" if they could change it . next morning we spoke to Sylvia and she said ""fully booked "" no change possible but we persisted and returned to reception several times during the day,by the evening we were told we could change the next morning,which we did do ......moved into 3018 right next to the main (heated) pool with a lovely patio area that was shaded but we could take our patio chairs just outside into full sun when we wanted. so no scrambling for the sun beds,, yes there were people going out very early to grab the beds which were locked un till about 8.30 but I think that was more to do with the fact that there are very few umberellas round the pool ,,the ones that are there are ""fixed"" in position so you cant move them to suit yourself.. this is quite an issue for people with young chlildren as shelter is very important it could really do with a pile of movable ones... on to the apt..... it was spotlessly clean with mattress toppers on the beds and very good linen,good quality fitting in both the bathroom and lounge and kitchen areas and as last year a FREEEEEEE bottle of water. proper sprung pull out bed setee in the lounge really good for familys sharing....the whole resort is kept VERY clean with bins emptied constantly,gardens tended to and any litter is pounced on very quickly..... the life guards are rotated every hour or so around the 3 pools and I think it keeps them interested and alert and they are carful about the safety of the swimmers young and old.......oh and they have started putting a polite notice on the sunbeds if they are left ""unused"" with towels on them for long times. what a good idea just reminds people that they " might " just be being a bit selfish..... lots of entertainment for children with the day time kids club,,,reps really seem to enjoy there job and some thing for them every evening in the main entertainment area followed by adults stuff later.. I don't think I would want to be there in the school hols as this resort is really geared up for familys and children but off season it was perfect for us...... all in all this was a good value break for us,in a well presented and very well maintained resort with helpful and friendly staff and we would be happy to return again

Room Tip: apt round main pool can be quite noisy.. if you like it quieter ask for a apt round the 2 upper pool...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine K
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Just arrived home after a week here..
We booked through Thompson after reading reviews on here and got a fantastic self catering deal - and all I can say is for the price it exceeded my expectations - all areas very clean, rooms tidied regular and towels changed.

The staff are brilliant - all speak English and can't do enough for you.

We upgraded whilst there to half board which I would recommend they do an offer where one child eats free and you get either 4 days for price of 3 (we choose this) or 7 days for price of 6 - breakfast is spot on and evening buffet is varied each evening. Whilst there they did BBQ night & steak night!
Food menu in the day isn't huge but more then adequate for a snack at very good prices! Selected Drinks are 2euros each for most of the day.
Wifi 18euros for week but the signal can go off when in apartments - we sat on balcony to get signal.

Loads and loads of places to eat out - highly recommend nicos which is just down the hill on way to the strip/beach

Only downside would be the temperature of the pool although once in you do get used to it BUT it takes a while to actually get in lol

Over all I would come back again great location - fab staff and lovely atmosphere :-)))))

Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Jacey2002
Reviewed June 4, 2014

This was our second visit to these apartments, I emailed them before I went stating which apartment we were in the first time, although we were in a 2 bed apt this time they did their very best to accommodate us (apt was just behind) which was great. Travelled with two children 3 & 1, kids club was excellent and the kids reps were great even at the kids disco in the evening which our 3 year old loved.Food and drink within the complex were good. a large beer was the same price as down the main strip. We ate the buffet a couple of times and this was excellent. These apartments are very clean, plenty sunbeds. I have already recommended these apartments to others. We met several families who have returned year after year as they are so good.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom - 3220, 2 bedroom - 1224 these rooms are upstairs good if you have young ones as they cann...
4  Thank Karen D
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My son and I recently stayed here for 1 week in May. The bus ride from the airport was only about 15 minutes including other Hotel drop offs. Check in was fast and easy, I payed the €18 for the WI-FI but bear in mind it only works in reception or around the pools and not in the rooms. We had a 1 bedroom apartment at the Montana pool, the room was really clean and bright. The kitchen area has a microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee maker and two cooking rings, pots, pans and plates, cutlery etc also provided. The beds were really comfy and although there is no air conditioning in the room there is a stand up fan. The television was a flat screen and had English speaking channels like Sky News, Sky Sports and Cbs Reality and True Movies. The pool areas were really clean and had lifeguards present from 10am-6pm, the pool was freezing but once you braved it for a minute it wasn't so bad, plenty of sunbeds available, if you leave towels down and go away the lifeguard takes them off and stacks the beds back up. On site shop is a little more expensive than the Super Dino shop next door! you can get everything you need in there! they do lovely hot baguettes. The on site restaurant is ok for snacks, and they have evening entertainment but I can't comment is I never attended any. They also have a kids club on during the day. Overall we had a fabulous week and would consider returning.

8  Thank Joanne M
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Above all, the location is probably the best attribute of Cinco Plaza. My girlfriend and I stayed here wanting a local place close by to the beach, bars and restaurants - we got just that. We didn't have to pay any taxi fares or found it a choir to venture out. The hotel is positioned on a hill and as most reviews may say, it is steep but nothing which should put you off, family's with prams managed the walk.

Immediately adjacent to the Hotel is Hyper Dino, a cheap supermarket where you can find all the food and essentials. There are shops on the beach front which sell alcohol for less than 80cent a bottle. The area has good offers and is very affordable. £300 - £350 covered everything for excursions, nice fancy restaurants and crazy nights out.

The service at the Hotel was great. I asked for a thinner pillow because the one I had was giving me neck ache. Less than an hour later the pillow was replaced. The staff also helped arranged for Taxis to the Lanzarote Park. Overall I felt their service was to a good standard and they speak fluent English. They provide you with a Safe, this is 20 euros with a 5 euro deposit.

There is Wifi though we used the restaurant and bars for free access.

Most importantly - The Cinco Plaza benefits from on site Thompson Reps. There are 7 that visit the hotel with 3 that are available everyday. This is extremely helpful as other hotels in my past experience have none and visit for one hour, usually. The Thompson reps run a kids club, which seemed to be a winner. The kids played sports in the large pool and did face paintings etc..

The pools were nice and warm (we went during May 2014). There are three pools. We stayed round the larger pool located outside the restaurant because it had chart music on the speakers. Whilst relaxing by the pool, the staff come round with complementary melons and fruit - a nice touch.

The meals are a good size and the quality is adequate. We had burger and chips on a number of occasions and we enjoyed it. The prices don't break the bank either.

In summary, I would certainly return back to Cinco Plaza. I booked through Holiday hypermarket and found a very good deal.

Room Tip: It's worth noting that the concrete construction and the ceramic tiled floors of the apartments...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple