“I would recommend this for familys”
Review of Cinco Plazas

Cinco Plazas
Ranked #31 of 91 Hotels in Puerto Del Carmen
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was my first time in lanzarote, great apartments to stay in, have to say it was very clean and the cleaners did a good job, it was very hard to get a sun chair so we had to go the beach. The girl at reception was very helpful, the 2 Thomson girl reps were lovely, the only person that worked there that was rude was the man behind the bar, lifeguards were great too, food was ok, the pizza were lovely and great value, need air con, have to say I really enjoyed my holiday and I will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Lovedaryl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just back from Lanzarote. We stayed at Cinco Plazas for 14 nights. In our party there were 3 adults and my 5 yr old son. We had a great time at the appartments they were very family orientated, friendly staff & helpful.

People have complained about the sun lounger situation and I must admit that it is bad but the lifeguards had just started to lift away towels that had been left on beds that were being kept for when other residents were ready to use them. People wait for the beds to be unlocked at 9am!! I never normally made it down to the pool until about 10-10.30 and I was able to get a bed however they were hard! Although cushions can be cought from the shop at 1Euro a day and a 5 euro deposit, which is very good!

Appartments were very clean and the maid was in most days, changing our beds, fresh towels and emptying the bins.

The only down side I would say about the hotel is that there are machines that take 1euro each in the kids area, I found it hard to say no to my son but in the 2nd week I had to draw a line, 20/30 euro a day in the first week is a bit much and they are rip off machines. Although this was my own fault, but really they should be taken out as it takes the kids away from the enertainment.

I will go back to Cinco again sometime as we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: A top floor is better and overlooking ther pool. No A/C in any of the rooms just a fan :-(
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MichMatt_crew
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed start of August for 1 Week. Lovely clean apartment. Stayed in upper apartment at the back which was great as it was lovely and quite and could leave the windows open at night. NO AIR CONDITIONING which made it very difficult to sleep as it was very warm the week we were there up to 35 Degrees. 2 adults and 2 children stayed very comfortable in the 1 bedroom apartment. the pool areas are lovely but the situation where some guests leave towels out to mark their spot before the sun loungers are unlocked was rediclous and guests being allowed to claim sun loungers with towles hours before they use them should not be allowed. Now saying that we never got up early to secure loungers and still managed to get 2. the children aged 10 & 8 loved it. Very near the main strip and the beach. Really enjoyed our stay ..... would only stay again if the apts invested in Air conditioning

Room Tip: Back apts upper level no noise at all which is ideal with young children to get to sleep
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

just home from a 1 week stay at these apartment and I must say they are great. they are spotlessly clean and the maid service is second to none. they only down side is the sunbed situation . when I got up in the morning I saw that the ground was covered in peoples towels , there were no sunbeds open at this time so people just put a towel down to secure that space. the beds don't get open till 9 am and it is a mad rush to get one as some of the beds are very hard and uncomfortable. they would get on a lot better if they just invested in more comfy beds.
The location of these apartments is great although it is on a slight hill so no good for people with walking difficulty.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I'm a bit late posting this review as we stayed in the Cinco Plazas in the third week of June 2013 but what a great place!! I travelled with my husband and 2 kids ( 4yrs, 10yrs). The facilities on offer were great with entertainment around the main pool each day for both adults and children. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment on the ground floor near the pool at the Montana block of the complex which also had it's own decent size pool but no kids pool. The baby pool is located at the main pool by reception. The apartments were very spacious and very well appointed which impressed me as I was expecting it to be very basic. The complex and apartments were also kept immaculately clean with no litter or cochroaches in sight!!

I can't say much about the food as we ate on the main strip most of the time because of its close proximity to the apartment but what was on offer looked good and was reasonably priced. The children loved the night time shows but my 10 yr old was probably a little bit old to join in as there were very few kids his age in kids club but he went anyway and enjoyed it. Many thanks to Jade and Vicki who ran the kids club each day and evening. They were fantastic with the children and deserve great credit!! It gave both myself and my husband time to switch off and enjoy the holiday as well. There are 3 age groups and each group gets a 2 hour slot at the kids club while the evening club is mixed ages. My advice is to take advantage of it because the children really seem to enjoy it. They have a pyjama party, hawaiian- themed party,
chocolate party and much more. The management also provide nightly entertainment ranging from magic shows to karaoke and other musical entertainment that finishes before 10.30p.m

Some of the reviews here have spoken about the very steep hill from the Cinco Plaza down to the main strip. It's not that bad really unless you're elderly or maybe very unfit. Pinnochio's was a lovely place to have dinner on the main strip or the American Indian cafe which also have fantastic bands on by night. The Cinco Plazas is somewhere we will definitely stay again. Not the cheapest as we had to book through Falcon to avail of the kid's club but worth it for it's central location, cleanliness and family atmosphere!! The only facility I missed was a gym.

Room Tip: Book an apartment off the main pool in the Montana block and on ground level because the stairs are...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

All 3 areas are beginning to show that well used look. But having said that kept very clean and tidy a ll round. Appts comfortable and provide all that is needed for time in the sun. 3 Pools to choose so always a space somewhere. Kids entertainment quite good and a nice family atmosphere all round. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank daviewat
Reviewed August 11, 2013

me my dad and partner went to cinco plazas for a wk was lovely weather in the 30's lovely 1bedroom apartment clean , all you need for self catering , 300 meters to bars and lots of places to eat , the Big apple is the centre of town is great for clubbing , i wouldnt say the area is for children i wouldnt choose to bring them here but hotel is ok for them , we went on the volcano excursion it was great lovely day out seeing different area of the island , loved it would go again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family