We were a bit worried before we got there as we had read some very mixed reviews. We arrived early afternoon and there was no one on reception and no sign or note telling us where to get our room key. Asked at the pool bar if anyone was around and it turned out they had the keys. We were allocated a self catering stuidio when we'd actually booked a one bed apt, so we had to wait until reception opened again late afternoon and asked to switch rooms and they were fine about it, but it was pretty inconvenient for us. Rooms came with microwave, toaster, kettle included also TV and phone (ours didnt work). Walls are pretty thin and you can hear all your neighbours! Pretty clean and only saw one cockroach in the whole 2 weeks we were there. Main issue i have with the place is that fire extinguishers/blankets are not in rooms and i think thats pretty dangerous when your s/c and have a hob and toaster etc, especially when your door locks behind you when you walk out. Also, no one is on site at night so if there is a problem you have to find the number you need on the reception door, which could be a pain if something's going on, would be better if they were in the rooms. There is a security gate but everytime we came back late it was open so not really sure what the point is. Dont shop at the supermarket on site as its really pricey and there are loads of shops close by. Pool bar is also pricey compared to some places on the strip. Cardic Hill isnt the hill outside the apartments, its the one that comes out by the Flying Dutchman pub and thats pretty much the start of the strip, its steep at the bottom but then its ok, there are loads of other routes down so it really isnt a problem you just have to find anouter way. Taxis up are between 2.80 and 3.00. At the end of the day its cheap and its a bed for the night and its in quite a good location. You really do get what you pay for and dont expect anything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for good value and great location, quiet, yet within easy walking distance of the old town, and main promenade, then look no further. Our 2 star complex is clean and well appointed. All apartments have kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge and 2 ring hob. The bedroom has 2 single beds. The living room has a sofa which doubles up as a single bed. The apartments sleep 3. But if kids are small (under 12) we can take a 4th person. For this you have a rollaway bed, and a supplement of 5 euro per day. Cots for infants are free. We change the sheets once a week, towels twice a week and clean your apartment 3 times a week. If you require extra towels, sheets, you can order these from reception for a charge. We have one block which has air con. This is the block with pool view and sun all day long. The supplement for the air con is 5 euro per day. From June to end of October, we do not accept requests for this block, as it is only available for those who wish to avail of the aircon (and pay the 5 euro supplement). Our TV, which is free, has ITV, Sky News, BBC1, RTE 1 and RTE 2. We have a friendly family run pool bar which provides breakfast and snacks throughout the day. 3 nights a week there is dinner and entertainment. Reception is open from 09.00 to 13.00 and from 16.00 to 21.00.WE NOW HAVE WIFI! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Bitacora Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bitacora Club Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Club Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen