Bitacora Club
Seaside Los Jameos Playa(Puerto Del Carmen)
$190
  • Breakfast included
Tisalaya Apartments(Puerto Del Carmen)(Great Value!)
$51
BelleVue Aquarius(Puerto Del Carmen)
$60
  • Restaurant
Hotel Lanzarote Village(Puerto Del Carmen)
$112
$109
  • Breakfast included
VIK Hotel San Antonio(Puerto Del Carmen)
$181
$160
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Floresta(Puerto Del Carmen)
$86
  • Pool
Suite Hotel Fariones Playa(Puerto Del Carmen)
$171
  • Pool
Hipotels La Geria(Puerto Del Carmen)
$114
$91
  • Pool
Beatriz Playa & Spa(Puerto Del Carmen)
$115
$112
  • Pool
Costa Sal Villas and Suites(Puerto Del Carmen)
$103
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
All reviewssteep hillpool bardrag showold townbita corathe main stripair conreception closesthese apartmentspig racingplenty of sunbedsshop on siteself cateringpool viewsuperior roombbq nightupstairs apartment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

This place was very basic which is fine because I don't really spend a lot of time in my apartment when I'm on holiday but this place was pretty poor, my apartment was covered in ants. You couldn't put anything down but it was covered, they were in the cupboards all over the dishes and cups and all over the sofa bed, as soon as you opened the front door the smell of damp hit you and one member of staff completely ignored me standing at the reception for 15 minutes whilst he spoke on his mobile phone I ended up giving up and not even bothering not to mention that my bed sheets weren't changed the whole time I was there and when the apartments were cleaned this consisted of emptying the bin and replacing the toilet roll, I don't think the floor was swept in the whole time I was there as we'd killed a couple of bugs on the first night and they were still lying on the floor when we left. The pool snack bar was very poor and closed really early and absolutely stunk of grease. I know you only get what you pay for but I have stayed in cheaper places which have been basic but absolutely spotless. I wouldn't return here again and last but not least the place was absolutely crawling with huge cockroaches.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank TracyKKelly
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just returned from a weeks stay at the Bitacora Club (28/06/14 - 05/07/14), I had stayed here 10 years previously, and since then a lot has changed and definitely for the better.

Before arrival I had asked to be allocated to a first floor room, which was duly done (thank you!), the reception staff were very welcoming and helpful; they booked a couple of excursions forus whilst we were there, nothing was too much trouble for them.

As my partner and I are not party animals, the bar closing at 6pm was not an issue for us, in fact we preferred this as it meant the hotel was quiet for sleeping. The room was spotlessly clean, all basic needs were covered (towels, a bar of soap, tea towel, mugs, plates, bowls etc), the bathroom was immaculate and the room was cleaned and new towels provided twice over the week. The only suggestion I could make would possibly be the provision of a tiny bottle of washing up liquid and a sponge? We ended up buying a full bottle which we left for following guests; not a big issue really but maybe worth a thought.

For me personally, the hill was not at all an issue, but I can imagine that for less mobile guests it might pose a bit of a problem, but I'm sure you can get a taxi down to the sea front for a couple of Euro. It is literally only a 10 minute walk down to the front where the restaurants and shops are.

Speaking of shops, there is an onsite supermarket which is good for essential items, but if you're watching your pennies, it is worth the walk to the Spar down the hill.

The pool area was also lovely and clean, but as other reviewers have noted, there is a definite 9am scramble for a sunbed. However, we didn't always join in the game and we never went without a sunbed each, so it wasn't as bad as others make out, but I can appreciate it would possibly be worse during school holidays/peak season. It was quiet annoying that other guests would put something on a bed (towel, sunglasses, etc) and disappear for hours, but as the manager has noted it is hard to police this without negativity.

My only gripe, and this is not in any way the fault of the staff or managers, was the lack of abiding by the rules by some of the other guests. Smoking is not allowed around the pool, but people openly flaunted this rule. Also, noise is not permitted by local law after 11pm and before 8am, however, the last couple of nights were ruined by guests in our neighbouring room crawling in at 4/5/6am and shouting, banging about, swearing and laughing loudly. I strongly believe that these people knew full well that they were waking others up and did it all the more. I wanted to report them to reception but at the same time I knew that either these people would have made us a target, or the poor reception staff and manager would have had to deal with some extreme unpleasantness.

Overall though, thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Extremely excellent value for money for a week in the Canarian sunshine. I would highly recommend this place to friends/family, and would definitely return.

Thank you, Bitacora!

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms with air conditioning which come with an additional charge. Ask I advance for a first floor room if you would like a sunny balcony to bask on, or a ground floor one if your prefer some shade.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jo P
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Just got back from 6 nights here and really enjoyed our stay!
Yes there is a big hill but we looked at it as a good form of exercise after pigging out each day!
Beds weren't the comfiest but were tolerable, you get what you pay for!
Only downside was that we found a dead cockroach down by side of our fridge but apart from that, I would recommend this hotel to other people!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Shelley S
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Basic but clean apartments up a very steep hill. Bar was never opened at night when we were going out and that was between 7 and 8. When we arrived the toilet wouldn't flush an ceiling fan wasn't working but problem was fixed within minutes of reporting it and manager gave us s fan which was better than ceiling fan as we could take it in to bedroom at night. Really needs air conditioning I think some apartments have it at a cost but ours didn't. Ok for a last minute deal but wouldn't go back, the hill's a killer.

Room Tip: Make sure you get air conditioning but you have to pay for it daily.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maggie55323
Gerhanlon, Manager at Bitacora Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We are sorry you found the hill a killer. But there are ways of avoiding the steep hill by going over towards the old town.
Our apartments are basic and clean and we offer value for money.
If anyone wants air con, we have an entire block with this, and the cost is 5 euro per apartment per day. All you have to do is let us know when you are booking.
I am glad your problems were resolved straight away.
With regards to the bar, -. It is a pool bar and offers service during pool opening hours from 09.00 to 18.00.
On a couple of nights there is entertainment ( subject to them getting bookings).
We hope you find somewhere more suitable for your next holiday in Lanzarote and we thank you once again for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Love this place. We rented a private apartment on the other side, but had full access to both sides. Two lovely pools, the big 1 was heated. Family entertainment in the evening. The bar is privately run but the family staff were brilliant. Looked after us, & the food was brilliant. Cheap & tasty. A must stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Lee0924lynsey

Thank you for your lovely review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
It is interesting to see that the last review talks about the bar never being opened in the evenings! And you mention the evening entertainment!
As I have said, it is a pool bar, that offers a couple of evenings entertainment when we are busy.
Thanks again for taking the time to write your review