Recently returned from a weeks stay at the bitacora club apartments. Like others have mentioned, I was apprehensive after reading negative reviews on here, but was actually pleasantly surprised. The apartment we were given was on the ground floor near the pool, it was clean, well equipped and had a great shower. It was spacious enough for a couple, to be honest, it was that hot and the weather so nice, you spend most of your time outside anyway. Air con was available (at extra cost) in the block of apartments we were in, but not in all apartments, so if you definitely require air con I'd email and request it specifically. Our apartment was cleaned twice while we were there and we received clean towels on these occasions, the cleaners were always busy, the pool area was always clean. The supermarket on site was really handy, opened early in the morning and closed late at night. Fresh bread was delivered in the morning, it was lovely.
The apartments were a 5 min walk into town, perhaps a 10min walk on the way back up the hill, but don't be put off, it's not that bad. There's plenty of gorgeous resteraunts in PDC, the walk back to the apartments was a welcome way to burn off all the extra treats!
We spent most of the days on the Beach. It was the cleanest beach I've ever been to, the sea was shallow and warm, perfect for swimming, there was even shoals of fish to feed.
All in all, the bitacora apartments are all you need for a clean, convenient base to explore PDC. They aren't luxury, but they are more than adequate. PDC is lovely, you'll never be bored, hungry or thirsty! We'll definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for good value and great location, quiet, yet within easy walking distance of the old town, and main promenade, then look no further. Our 2 star complex is clean and well appointed. All apartments have kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge and 2 ring hob. The bedroom has 2 single beds. The living room has a sofa which doubles up as a single bed. The apartments sleep 3. But if kids are small (under 12) we can take a 4th person. For this you have a rollaway bed, and a supplement of 5 euro per day. Cots for infants are free. We change the sheets once a week, towels twice a week and clean your apartment 3 times a week. If you require extra towels, sheets, you can order these from reception for a charge. We have one block which has air con. This is the block with pool view and sun all day long. The supplement for the air con is 5 euro per day. From June to end of October, we do not accept requests for this block, as it is only available for those who wish to avail of the aircon (and pay the 5 euro supplement). Our TV, which is free, has ITV, Sky News, BBC1, RTE 1 and RTE 2. We have a friendly family run pool bar which provides breakfast and snacks throughout the day. 3 nights a week there is dinner and entertainment. Reception is open from 09.00 to 13.00 and from 16.00 to 21.00.WE NOW HAVE WIFI! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Bitacora Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bitacora Club Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Club Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen