we returned from a 2 week stay at these apts on Wednesday 26 Sept. we travelled from Bristol with friends and had a wonderful holiday in Lanzarote. these apts are basic and really are in need of updating. they are a good size for two people. the shower was powerful when it didnt alternate between hot and cold. maids changed towels every 2-3 days and beds were changed once a week. we had to pay extra for air conditioning but it was essential as it was quite hot. Also had to pay extra deposit for safe and air con. so all the extras soon added up to what was meant to be a cheaper holiday. the pool bar didnt stay open late and the reception was only opened between the hours of 9a.m. to 9p.m. which wasnt the most convenient. apartment had their own 'supermarket' which was open literally all hours. prices were higher than the Spar or Hyper Dino which were only 10 mins away and well worth the walk for stocking up on essentials. the pool was clean but icy cold, although once in you adapted to it.. the beach was lovely but you are charged 6 euros for a sunbed. would recommend Pinocchios for a lovely meal on the strip but we did like the old town down by the harbour... not so busy. we really enjoyed the trip to Timnafaya and would recommend it to anyone. I would stay again at these apartments if the holiday was cheap enough and if you arent expecting luxury then these apartments would be ok. We did ask for upstairs apts but were given 2 ground floor apts beside each other which worked out just fine. All in all, there are probably better apartments in PDC but you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for good value and great location, quiet, yet within easy walking distance of the old town, and main promenade, then look no further. Our 2 star complex is clean and well appointed. All apartments have kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge and 2 ring hob. The bedroom has 2 single beds. The living room has a sofa which doubles up as a single bed. The apartments sleep 3. But if kids are small (under 12) we can take a 4th person. For this you have a rollaway bed, and a supplement of 5 euro per day. Cots for infants are free. We change the sheets once a week, towels twice a week and clean your apartment 3 times a week. If you require extra towels, sheets, you can order these from reception for a charge. We have one block which has air con. This is the block with pool view and sun all day long. The supplement for the air con is 5 euro per day. From June to end of October, we do not accept requests for this block, as it is only available for those who wish to avail of the aircon (and pay the 5 euro supplement). Our TV, which is free, has ITV, Sky News, BBC1, RTE 1 and RTE 2. We have a friendly family run pool bar which provides breakfast and snacks throughout the day. 3 nights a week there is dinner and entertainment. Reception is open from 09.00 to 13.00 and from 16.00 to 21.00.WE NOW HAVE WIFI! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Bitacora Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bitacora Club Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Club Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen