Having just returned from this location I can honestly say it's well worth the money.
PDC (Puerto Del Carmen) is a large resort on a hill, this hotel is a fair way up it! It's about a ten minute walk to the front but a good 15 back, this gives the advantage of not being too busy but close enough to all the things to do.
The complex is clean and tidy but in need of an update, the aparments are in a square around the very clean yet VERY cold pool which has plenty sun beds. Due to the shape of the complex our room (242a) had sun on the terrace from about 09:30 until sun set. if you would like to take advantage of this rooms 1 to 20 and 40 to 50 get this but the rest are shaded on the front for a lot of the day. There is a supermarket next door and a spar 5 mins walk away, there is a pool bar on site that puts on some evening entertainment.
The room we had was a studio and was large enough for a temporary bed if required, the furniture was dated but capable of doing the task, there was T.V. Toaster, two ring hob, microwave and utensils. There is a safe at an extra cost of 13 euro per week.
The bath was chipped and the mirror tired but again generally functional.
The lower rooms and area has ramps and access for wheel chairs everywhere, best I've ever seen for wheelchair access!
Again well worth the money and I would recommend a stay but expect a walk and a three star facility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for good value and great location, quiet, yet within easy walking distance of the old town, and main promenade, then look no further. Our 2 star complex is clean and well appointed. All apartments have kettle, toaster, microwave, fridge and 2 ring hob. The bedroom has 2 single beds. The living room has a sofa which doubles up as a single bed. The apartments sleep 3. But if kids are small (under 12) we can take a 4th person. For this you have a rollaway bed, and a supplement of 5 euro per day. Cots for infants are free. We change the sheets once a week, towels twice a week and clean your apartment 3 times a week. If you require extra towels, sheets, you can order these from reception for a charge. We have one block which has air con. This is the block with pool view and sun all day long. The supplement for the air con is 5 euro per day. From June to end of October, we do not accept requests for this block, as it is only available for those who wish to avail of the aircon (and pay the 5 euro supplement). Our TV, which is free, has ITV, Sky News, BBC1, RTE 1 and RTE 2. We have a friendly family run pool bar which provides breakfast and snacks throughout the day. 3 nights a week there is dinner and entertainment. Reception is open from 09.00 to 13.00 and from 16.00 to 21.00.WE NOW HAVE WIFI! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bitacora Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bitacora Club Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Hotel Puerto Del Carmen
- Bitacora Club Lanzarote/Puerto Del Carmen